+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Love vs. Parents

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Love vs. Parents

Hey every-peoples!

i was just wondering...

If you've had a significant other in your present/previous life, did you get along with their parents? did they love you to death? or were they always pissed at you for taking their baby away?

My situation:

Soshi's parents like me well enough... heck, i work at his mom's salon! i get invited to all their parties, and they talk about us getting married with a legitamte smile on their faces! (they want it in a yacht by the way... in the Philippines...)

My parents... really don't like Soshi... becuz he's not a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Irish football player who has two jobs, a tricked out car and an unquenchable patriotism... no, he's a short, quiet Philippino guy with dark eyes who doesn't say much who's just trying to go to school and has a liscence but can't afford/doesn't really want a car (Metro rules all!)... and becuz he fills my head with crazy ideas like "goals" and "you know, your mom really is just a controlling b!tch"

T_T so that's mine... ^_^ how's yours?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Love vs. Parents

Yeah, I got along pretty well with my exes' parents. I figure it's because I'm a relatively outgoing girl, I get good grades, I go to church, I don't do anything crazy, etc. In a nutshell I'm just average. And I suppose parents can't really find anything wrong with average kids. Especially if you go to the same church.

My parents never knew I was going out with anyone, but they did know the people and they were on pretty okay terms with them. My parents are rather conservative Chinese, so they typically like anyone who's a good student, God-fearing and knowledgeable.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Me, his mom hates me and I don't like her. She's controlling and doesn't think I'm good enough for her baby boy or anyone of her species.

My folks, don't really care. As long as I'm happy they're happy. Not exactly the perfect relationship but hey it works for us.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

My boyfriend and I are from different states, but we met while going to school together. We love each other dearly. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to meet his folks, and he hasn't been able to meet mine.

But I told my parents about him, and they seem to approve. My step-mom even said she would support me if I wanted to move with him back home. ^_^ And his mom loves me, and she's always making me shirts and things and mailing them to us. It's really cute.

This is one of those situations where I want to meet his family really bad... Simply because I love him so much. ^_^

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    If you've had a significant other in your present/previous life, did you get along with their parents? did they love you to death? or were they always pissed at you for taking their baby away?
    Yes and no.

His mother wasn't to sure about me because, as you put it, he was her little baby. So I was respectful but we still made our own decisions and choices for our own life. I don't let anyone manipulate me, I never have. The day we got married she was still in denial that it was going to happen. Once that finally soaked in though she became very supportive. Probably because we had made it clear that it was the two of us making decisions, not her, and she wanted to be a part of our lives. Since it had to be on our terms she took them.

Mind you Barronmore's uncles kept giving him winks and thumbs ups when they met me since I am older them him. If it hadn't been so funny I probably would have been offended.

On the other hand my family adores Barronmore. He has always called my parents mom and dad even before we started dating. The best of my friends all did. As far as my parents are concerned they are all family.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

my ex's parent's are well, alcoholics and she well got me drunk and did something stupid i can't remember, and well the parent's hate for it, well some parent's disapprove me but they can't judge me as i judge them for all i know is that they can do what they want with their daughter or son, but they can't mess with another life

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ wow! all your stories are so cool! thank you for responding!

^-^ it also makes me really happy that peolpe were in the same situation that i'm in... i just hope/wish/pray that my mom will come around soon enough...

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ wow! all your stories are so cool! thank you for responding!

^-^ it also makes me really happy that peolpe were in the same situation that i'm in... i just hope/wish/pray that my mom will come around soon enough...
    I am sure your mom will! ^_^ I might take her some time, but I do hope she will see the love you have for each other. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast