+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Love vs. Parents

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Love vs. Parents

no, becasue i never met his parents but knowing him they shouldv'e been nice

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie I luv anime may be famous one day I luv anime may be famous one day I luv anime's Avatar
    Thanks

I got along great with his mom she always told me how good she thought I was for her son. His grandma would always tell me how kind I was because I would always talk with her. I never got to meet his dad because he died when my ex was 5. I broke up with him a few weeks ago because he was on drugs real bad.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

mmmmm.... well I had a good, scratch that, the best relationsip Ill ever have with some, with my now ex gf(we had to end the relationship cuz I was moving :'( ) I loved her and she loved me, wut ur parents think didnt really matter us, but her parents loved me, well Im not sure about her father
    so on that side everything was cool, but with my parents, it was another story.

My parents treat me like their baby(literaly) I mean im 17 and Im sick of it, I dont say anything cuz I dun wanna hurt their feelings, but as soon as I turn 18, OH.. everything is gonna change >.>

well anyhow... I sort of live two different lives... outside home I am a completely different person than when Im with my parents... when my gf(at that time) met my parents... she completely agreed on that wen shouldnt tell them that we were a couple... even now my parents think Im their lil angel and that I havent had my fist kiss yet!!!!! (omg now I realice that Im such a good lier!)... If they knew the things if done... Id be so dead

so for me... the less your parents know about ur life... the better ull be
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

WARNING: This is a long post. So use the colored and bolded titles as your way of navigating around the post. Thank you and have a nice day.

Intro and Little Talk
    Hmmm... strange Abu Dhabi, I had a similar position as you did...
    No wait... I am in YOUR situation. :P

^_^ See? I told you you get a lot more attention when you post topics than do.

*ahem*

^_^ It almost sounds as if jaam0927 is going to explode when he's 18.
    And the strength of Arrianna is almost enough to inspire an army. ( Or has it already? )

Culture
    However... if by understandment of a respectful Filipino culture, my position is not to be compromised. At least, I'd prefer it if it weren't.

I am 100% purebred filipino who was born in Phillippines. But I am by no means a 100% Pinoy. No Pinoy pride. Just pride in my people, but I know I am not fully one of them by culture.

But I was raised in the culture, and I did love it. I just had a different viewpoint halfway through, and decided that I didn't want to completely live it through that way. I wanted to be apart from my family when I was married... I just wanted to be alone with my darling and live through everything alone... not so much as a selfishness, but more of a "I know it'll cause a lot of problems... because it already does". I'm not going to block everyone off from the family. Just not let them get into any of our affairs. Unless of course, Abu Dhabi wants it.

STRENGTH and what matters to me
    I'm not exactly an independent person.
    I DO need Abu Dhabi for a lot of things... things I can do myself, but I'm not exactly the one with the strongpoints in them. For example: I am shy. That's a fact that's gone through my life since I was born. I may be a show-off, but I am still shy. And that gets in the way of a lot of things. -.-

I sorta' maintain things through analyzing. I just make up gameplans and see which would be a better way for a situation. Even if it's something as simple as: Cancelling an account. ...even though that wasn't as easy as I thought it would go. *regret* >_< ... Anyways... because I live through this, I mostly don't want unwanted interruptions. And my family, as well as friends, are considered as such. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spontaneousness, randomness, and surprises as any other ice cream lover would. But I've experienced, that with my luck, too much of it can lead to a downfall of a nation... and armageddon. >__< (no one better say I'm exaggerating... you would feel the same way if you were in the same situations... I have great luck, AND TERRIFYINGLY HORRIBLE LUCK)

So with all of this in mind, I try to keep things balanced. I'm not the knight in the front lines unless I'd be the one best suited to be. I'm not the king ruling over a nation that depends on him unless the situation really calls for it. Nor am I the dark knight wielding the doomandgloombane of regretfulness unless I'm best qualified for the job.

The point is: Call me strong or weak. It doesn't change anything until the moment arrives.

Simpler put: I'm not strong unless I actually NEED to be.

Simple of Simpliest: I don't defy anyone unless it would be advantageous.

Situation Decoy
    -_-; I will allow Abu Dhabi's parents to talk badly about me behind my back constantly and I'll even allow them to try to "brainwash" Abu Dhabi into thinking I'm a horrible boyfriend...

...why? Because Abu Dhabi's situation doesn't get any better if I stick my nose into it. It's been tested, it's been proven. Strength means nothing to her parents, unless it's what THEY want in strength. And for the last time, Abu Dhabi does not want me to join the marines, and she would also freak out if I was some kind of pale-skinned, blond-haired, catholic, step-parent worshipping, little child.

So in other words, I am NOT falling into favor with her parents any time soon.

On the Defensive
    I won't defend myself because it'll only make things worse on her end.
    Can I make it so that her situation would be perfect for the both of us to defend ourselves and just leave whenever we wanted?
    Yes. My family has the money, and they are very supportive and loving of Abu Dhabi.

Why don't I do it? One, I respect my culture. And in that way, I love my family. I will not put more grief on them than needed. They've already gone through so much, more than Abu Dhabi's parents will ever claim. So to ask this from them would be completely UNFAIR TO THEM.

People often ignore the fact that parents are people too, as well as teachers, professors, librarians, cops, and etc.

Which, being my personality is one that calculates situations, is definitely not a problem for me. I do often ask how those people got there and what problems could have hit them for how they react. And I respect the idea that I shouldn't be so selfish as to use them for just my affair...

HOWEVER! Point
    HOWEVER! If by any chance Abu Dhabi and I are placed in an impossible situation of which either of us will constantly be hurt and suffer major wounds from it (physical, emotional, spiritual, or mental) ... I am obligated as a "tactician" (lame way to put it, I know... but I'm not really a perfectionist) to do anything I can to even the odds. However, as myself... whom I love her with all my heart and very soul, I will most probably do the most outlandish, irrational thing (the very thing that makes Hollywood love stories) to get us out of such situation and to make whoever placed us within that situation, PAY.

CONCLUSION
    ^_^ Long story short: I won't fight back and I won't ask for help. This is going to be a looooong wait, but it is the most comfortable and most calming of situations... it may take a while, but it is for the best. And that's how I want it to be when wedding day comes.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    And the strength of Arrianna is almost enough to inspire an army. ( Or has it already? )
    Thanks but I don't know how strong I am. I have plenty of weaknesses I just don't let people manipulate me. My older siblings used to do that when I was growing up and I became feed up with it by the time I was 10 or so.

Sounds like you know your own mind. Best of luck.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

army or not, i didnt had a army when i realize that i have to pay the hole in my ex's house for what i did, hpmh, i think love from parent's is hard

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Thanks but I don't know how strong I am. I have plenty of weaknesses I just don't let people manipulate me. My older siblings used to do that when I was growing up and I became feed up with it by the time I was 10 or so.

Sounds like you know your own mind. Best of luck.
    ...lucky... I didn't actually really fight back until I was 17 (2 years ago) against my brother who always bullied me and kept taking advantage of me...

^_^ And thanks.

<.< And man, I talk too much. Abu Dhabi would've finished that long post in 2-3 sentences.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

ok, how much has sas can one person have to make one's friends' parents like them?., not alot i think?,
    I must just have that face or personality that people seem to be influenced positivly. not saying im the life of the party, but definatly my presense seems to make people cheery around me.

ok, the topic in hand. lets put it this way.
    -I've played poker with one of my friends parents while he was on the phone for an hour.(his mother)
    -Another friend's mom kissed me on the cheek.
    -saying hi and having small talk when bumping into each other around town
    you get the picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast