+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From Lovers to Friends

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

From Lovers to Friends

For the people who have went through tough, twisted relationships and lived to tell the tale.
    nothing is more confusing, when a couple has been together for soo long, they realise that the relationship between them is not working out and they break up.
    But somehow they've managed to move on and become friends.
    That's what i dont get. After they've been through a really tough relationship, they break up, but they still have the strength to be "just friends"?
    That's the question i want to ask the people of AO
    After you broke up with somebody, considering what broke y'all up and the things y'all went through together, Do you still want to make the transistion from lovers to friends?
    Or shall the pain be too great and would you part ways forever?

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: From Lovers to Friends

Actually, all except my first relationship, they all went from "Lovers" to "Really close friends". Honestly everyone who I broken (Or I should say broke up with me) up with, we've became better friends. I say if it doesn't work hold no grudges and try to become friends. However, that's just my opinion.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aleister Sithis For This Useful Post:

abc (Apr 25, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

well we ended up being very good friends now, i mean if both of you agree on becoming friends but if it is not worth it in your mind and you think the hurt is too much then friendship should not be forced.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

abc (Apr 25, 2008)

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

My ex and I went through a lot and had a long relationship with many heartbreaking moments but now we are the best of friends. We both matured and realized that we weren't good for each other, it was such a load off that we laughed about how obvious a solution it was and have been close friends ever since.

With that being said my ex before that didn't go as well. We still don't talk much to this day. I think a lot has to do with how mature the two people involved are. When I was young and stupid I did stupid and immature things and so did he.

I'm just me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eria For This Useful Post:

abc (Apr 25, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

The only time i can think of when a girl can't be friends with a guy after a break up is if she was a battered girlfriend or something. >> don't know about the others but that is the only time i can think off not being friends with an ex.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixSara For This Useful Post:

abc (Apr 25, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

I would. If we can still each other on a regular base as friends and hang out with other friends who woulden't be friends with your ex, unless they do somthing to show it into your face then no
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cantsenditback For This Useful Post:

abc (Apr 25, 2008)

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes but then it really means something because you both love each other and you know them and they know you and i think these turn out to be good relationships.

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

almost all te ime, it would depend on the reason for the break up... cheating would automatically mean that you will not become friends any time soon... but most often, it's a hard transition.

when considering everything else, the transition from lovers to friends always requires at least one side to fully understand the situation and still come up with open arms to embrace the truth that they might really be better off as friends... once one person does, the outcome of the relationship totally depends on him/her (depends on who figures this out first).

she should still say hi or hello, still make the person feel like nothing grave was lost in the relationship, that the experience in itself was too good to just bury into the ground, and that no matter what happens, lovers or not, he/she will be there for her/him whenever he/shee needs him/her...

it's in this suble way of showing that you still care, and that you still love him/her (as a friend of course), will the relationship still work out, be repaird and be rebuilt into friendship...

i don't really know, but i haven't lost a single friend because of love...

this thing also applies to people wo ged rejected by their love (although often, it's up to the one who rejected to keep the friendship going).
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast