+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: From Lovers to Friends

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: From Lovers to Friends

In my opinion, it all depends on the situation
    If the break-up was peaceful without any extra drama and no one got serious then there is a very good chance that the guy and the girl will become very close friends because they were able to handle a situation in a very mature way and they see that now they are even closer
    But if the break-up was bad and there was drama and friends went against friends and people who were involved should not even have been there...then most of the time the guy and the girl become enemies and things will even go further down from there because now they will rely on their friends and tell them their different stories and it is just going to be a huge mess
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Astaroth For This Useful Post:

Kool2bchilln (Apr 25, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    In my opinion, it all depends on the situation
    If the break-up was peaceful without any extra drama and no one got serious then there is a very good chance that the guy and the girl will become very close friends because they were able to handle a situation in a very mature way and they see that now they are even closer
    But if the break-up was bad and there was drama and friends went against friends and people who were involved should not even have been there...then most of the time the guy and the girl become enemies and things will even go further down from there because now they will rely on their friends and tell them their different stories and it is just going to be a huge mess
    This is correct and it really depends on the situation surrounding the break up in the first place.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy View Post
    For the people who have went through tough, twisted relationships and lived to tell the tale.
    nothing is more confusing, when a couple has been together for soo long, they realise that the relationship between them is not working out and they break up.
    But somehow they've managed to move on and become friends.
    That's what i dont get. After they've been through a really tough relationship, they break up, but they still have the strength to be "just friends"?
    That's the question i want to ask the people of AO
    After you broke up with somebody, considering what broke y'all up and the things y'all went through together, Do you still want to make the transistion from lovers to friends?
    Or shall the pain be too great and would you part ways forever?
    I think not only that a lover can normally turn to a friend but also i think a former lover would be even better than a normal friend unless he/she of the grudgy-type ,then i guess we can't help it
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well most times u forgive them because u still love them and cant see our life without them being in it even if you are JUST friends i know i have forgiven someone i don't think i should have but because i still love the F***** even though he put me through hell.yet another one in real life hurt me the same way and i don't even want him two steps near me i cant bare to even look at him ...to be honest. so it depends I'm guessing if u still love them you will forgive them and become friends but its easier if you were friends before hand also ^__^

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

My first ex was all clingy and annoying after we broke up. Even months afterward, he couldn't stand me talking to other guys. So I think that's why we didn't become friends. My second ex, well, that was just a weird, barely-friends-in-the-first-place situation to begin with, so I guess it stands to reason that, if we weren't really friends before, why would we be friends after?
    My third ex is trying really hard at the moment to be friends with me, but he still really likes me and that makes things difficult. Especially because I sort of like him still. But I also sort of like my fourth ex still.
    Which brings myself to my fourth ex. We were the sort that, even though we weren't dating, everyone sort of assumed we were. We thought we'd be a perfect couple. But...I broke up with him. I thought we were just too different. But he's still half holding out for me, which I think until he moves on, we won't be able to be friends again.

So... from experience... I guess I feel that you can be friends as long as your bond before was strong, and you've both moved on.
    Wo shi zhen zhen zhen xi huan ni...

Thank you Equinn!! ^-^

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

isn't this a situation of it depends on the people involved and how they broke up different folks different strokes i guess
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

well...

Usually i don't mind becoming friends with the person i have been dateing for a long time, it to me doesn't hurt as much! What hurts the most for me is when the person rivals your and becomes your enemy when you had so many good memoires with them and then they hate you, because you have broken up...It's not like that in my mind i perfer friends than rivals, yes it hurts and when you see them as a friend you can't forget how they made you feel, but as everything does, you will move on and hey you never know if you are still friends they may ask you out for a date again! It's easier in school because it's only childish love but still it hurts for me to see them not smile at you when they used to hug you every second they saw you. I couldn't stand falling out with someone over a relationship it just makes the situation much worse, you shouldn't be worrying about this or thinking it's painful it's a blessing if both partners just want to be friends, yes it's irritating but to be honest with yourself what would you prefer? An animal on your back attacking and hateing you when you used to have something good, or a nice friendly smile and eases the pain as you know you have both moved on...

However! If they cheated on you i wouldn't blame you for not being friends, it would tear me apart to find someone had left me for another lad, then i would probablly fall out but not forever, lifes to short for hate. Make with what you've got and move on, besides in the end your going to not be alone for long

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2