+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Makin' Music

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Makin' Music

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    Well I'm a singer... but I have written a few songs, Granted they aren't all that great but hey, practice makes perfect.
    ah
    so
    whats it take to make good music?
    u are actually the only one to reply in a mannor that is helpful to me
    so what does it take?

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Knowledge.. Personal knowledge is usually best.. If you think about all the songs people out there write you realize that most of the time they are somehow related to that person's personal life.. If you put your heart and soul into every song you make.. create a good beat and there you have it.. You could create the next best song that everyone could be sigging.. Basically you have to remember that your not going to get it right the first time.. and do stress too much about your work. I happen to be a perfectionist and so I tend to create two different versions of the same song.. I have the original one that i came up with first and then I have the one that i modified. I usually play it for someone and see what they think of the songs and which one is better.. That way If they like the original i still have it.. and if they like the modified one, i know to stop thinking about it.
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

also just to put something out there, just start with a temp. or something and start singing nonsence. it may seam weird at first but you can get some really good songs out just playing around with words and 'clicks'.... just an idea...
    death and life are one and the same

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, writing songs is almost the same as writing poetry. It takes heart and creativity. And practically anyone can write a spoof song or parody.

However if this is not what you're looking for, then i suggest just thinking of something that inspires you, writing a poem and try to set it to music.
    Why hello there!

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Well, writing songs is almost the same as writing poetry. It takes heart and creativity. And practically anyone can write a spoof song or parody.

However if this is not what you're looking for, then i suggest just thinking of something that inspires you, writing a poem and try to set it to music.
    the thing is I WROTE a song... i dont know if it is good and i cant get it out there because u al know that there are people who will steal it... and i dont know how to send it in anywhere to get it looked at

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

know how that is >.< .... well if you want it to be heard then try to find a person who whould not benifit off of stealing your work... if that does not really work, well you could try to singing it on youtube or never try to get it out there at all... big people in music bis. are always looking on things like youtube to find bands and songs that they like and that they think other people would like also... ya.... also you might want to try to get it copyrighted XD if you really want to keep it your's
    death and life are one and the same

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I do write music occasionally. I'm only good at instrumental stuff inspired by the music I listen to. Whenever I write lyrics the only thing I can come up with is repetitive songs like "Du Hast" or anything by Kraftwerk. Not to say repetitive stuff is bad, sometimes is can be awesome ("Der Mussolini"), but I really want to write a good song that isn't repetitive.

My one song can be found here: MySpace.com - Zytotoxizität - Chicago, Illinois - Electronica / Rock / Industrial - www.myspace.com/cytotoxicity
    It's an edit/remix of another song, I plan to make original stuff soon!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SamuraiDude128 For This Useful Post:

starfire1036 (Jul 31, 2008)

Thanks

Ah... so you write simple songs that have a lasting effect on the reader?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast