+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Makin' Music

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Makin' Music

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Well, I write music on the guitar, still tryin' to find the perfect lyrics though. Most of my music has been hip-hop. I hadn't started recording 'til this spring, but my roomate and I--way back in the day--used to crash punk rock parties. Bands would often play shows in the basements and between sets, Mike (aka: Phat Phabulous) and I would take the mics and freestyle/beat-box. Now we're actually writing/recording hip-hop. We kinda fell behind what with the crash of P. Phab's PC, but we just fixed it and are goin' back to work.

We actually wanna start doin' more work with our guitars, possibly have a live band while we rap. Nobody does that anymore. Anywho, I've got a MySpace Music account if anyone's interested. PM me and I'll give you the URL, or just check out the bottom of my sig. ^_^

ah
    my song is kinda like a kelly clarkson kinda song xD im sorry

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Well, writing songs is almost the same as writing poetry. It takes heart and creativity. And practically anyone can write a spoof song or parody.

However if this is not what you're looking for, then i suggest just thinking of something that inspires you, writing a poem and try to set it to music.
    Actually, song writing is no different than poetry. All a song is is a poem with some music behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    the thing is I WROTE a song... i dont know if it is good and i cant get it out there because u al know that there are people who will steal it... and i dont know how to send it in anywhere to get it looked at
    Oh, please! I've had up to six songs at one point in time on MySpace and one for download (still available if anyone wants to check it out ). Nobody's tryin' to steal your music from you. I used to think like that about art/music a long while back. But, you gotta realize there are more good people in the world than bad and you gotta have faith in mankind if you want your song to be heard.

ah
    my song is kinda like a kelly clarkson kinda song xD im sorry
    That makes no difference. You asked who writes music, not what genre of music or who do you sound like the most. Besides, it's not your everyday, mainstream, "I have cars/rims, money and hoes," rap. If you appreciate music and you honestly wanted to hear other folk's songs, you'd take the time to check it out, not turn it away stating that you make Kelly Clarksonesque music. That's low.

You might as well have said, "Sorry, I don't listen to n***er music" Don't ask questions about music or the music industry if you can't appreciate all forms of music. It's a universal language and should be treated as such. I hate when people try to say that because I rap, I don't know sh*t about any other genre, though I've stated I play guitar. Now I'm ranting! See what you've done? LOL.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Actually, song writing is no different than poetry. All a song is is a poem with some music behind it.

Oh, please! I've had up to six songs at one point in time on MySpace and one for download (still available if anyone wants to check it out ). Nobody's tryin' to steal your music from you. I used to think like that about art/music a long while back. But, you gotta realize there are more good people in the world than bad and you gotta have faith in mankind if you want your song to be heard.

That makes no difference. You asked who writes music, not what genre of music or who do you sound like the most. Besides, it's not your everyday, mainstream, "I have cars/rims, money and hoes," rap. If you appreciate music and you honestly wanted to hear other folk's songs, you'd take the time to check it out, not turn it away stating that you make Kelly Clarksonesque music. That's low.

You might as well have said, "Sorry, I don't listen to n***er music" Don't ask questions about music or the music industry if you can't appreciate all forms of music. It's a universal language and should be treated as such. I hate when people try to say that because I rap, I don't know sh*t about any other genre, though I've stated I play guitar. Now I'm ranting! See what you've done? LOL.

this is a not yet recorded song so anyone can take it and all it theirs. (if i post it)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a not yet recorded song so anyone can take it and all it theirs. (if i post it)
    I didn't ask if it was recorded; and besides, what difference does that make? If you write a poem and post it here on AO, do you think people are gonna steal it from you, or give you props? Music is on the same level. If you think that the world if full of theives, then what was the point of saying you wrote a song that you don't intend on sharing? Yet you wanna hear other people's music...

That sounds a little fishy to me... "Yeah, I wrote a song! Can I hear other's music/read your lyrics? I won't steal it, but I won't share my talent with the world because you're all a bunch of thieves!" That's what you sound like. I don't like that one bit. I find that to be kinda disrespectful of those who are willing to share thier music. I share my art here on AO all the time. I post drawings, I offer to draw for others, I even share my music... Hell I let people download my songs from time to time. Do you think I'm worried about thievery? NO! Why? Because art/music can be replaced and people can be sued if need be (but that's NEVER the case unless you're SIGNED BY A LABEL!!!)

Grow up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4