+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

The thing I find the most amazing is that he made it to the third floor with that gun simply wrapped in a sweat-shirt, and not a single person thought hey that looks odd.

When is the US going to realize that we have gone well passed what the Constitution meant by right to bare arms.

The Constitution was written during a time when you needed a gun for protection, because the nearest home may be miles away. Not to mention the fact that they were fighting a war for freedom, so they guns were needed for fighting for your family and country to be. Also to hunt for your food, or livelihood.

The founding fathers wrote the Constitution, and even made changes during their own times, knowing that it was a work in progress. A living, growing document. They never would have imagined it would be taken as far as it has. I mean who needs a gun like the police have in their own home? I am amazed at the type of weapons that people are able to get their hands on, and how easy it is.

I walked into a Wal-Mart store at 1:45am, in Pennsylvania with a 19 year old friend. He wanted to purchase a new rifle. This was about 10 years ago, and we worked the late shift, so it was not unusual for us to be awake at this time of night. So when he told me why we were there, I figured yeah, their gonna sell you a gun in the middle of the night. I could not have been more shocked when they did, and didn't even bat an eye. Then the sales person says, "If you want ammunition for that, you have to get it before 2:00am. We can't sell it to you after that."

I know she saw the look on my face. My wrinkled forehead, and mouth agape, could not have been more obvious. All I kept thinking was, why is this so easy. We were two people in a Wal-Mart at almost 2:00am buying a rifle with scope and ammunition, and they were like, no problem! What could we have possibly been going to do with it, was not a concern.

We need gun control in this country. REAL GUN CONTROL! Yeah, I know... We have rights. Well what about the rest of us! I have the right to expect that I wont get blown away while shopping at a mall. I have the right to expect that my niece will not get blown away at school. Most countries have strong gun control. Yeah (woof woof) I hear the bleeding hearts spouting about our basic rights. Well you know there are other basic rights that get blown away in a hale of bullets every day.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness... Idiots like this mall shooter end many lives. They take away our liberty. They make no one happy, and they take away all pursuits from many every day. Where were their basic rights!

Why didn't he just shoot himself first? Why destroy so many lives?

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Intriguing story @.@...

We need gun control in this country. REAL GUN CONTROL! Yeah, I know... We have rights. Well what about the rest of us! I have the right to expect that I wont get blown away while shopping at a mall. I have the right to expect that my niece will not get blown away at school. Most countries have strong gun control. Yeah (woof woof) I hear the bleeding hearts spouting about our basic rights. Well you know there are other basic rights that get blown away in a hale of bullets every day.
    With the size of your country...well thats kinda impossible.. i mean.. Malaysia is so small yet drugs, pirated merchandise, imported hookers, and many more Illegal things come in easily everyday... what of America which is so vast and big.. with the community of billions.... that'll be impossible...

Why didn't he just shoot himself first? Why destroy so many lives?
    could be he is a cuckoo..or... he just want a few others to join him in death.. *sings to join me in death by him* you know... a company.. one or two... he should shoot his girlfriend actually.. but... thats a bad thing to.. he has no rights to take another's life.. unless... the other is trying to take his..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    Intriguing story @.@...

With the size of your country...well thats kinda impossible.. i mean.. Malaysia is so small yet drugs, pirated merchandise, imported hookers, and many more Illegal things come in easily everyday... what of America which is so vast and big.. with the community of billions.... that'll be impossible...

could be he is a cuckoo..or... he just want a few others to join him in death.. *sings to join me in death by him* you know... a company.. one or two... he should shoot his girlfriend actually.. but... thats a bad thing to.. he has no rights to take another's life.. unless... the other is trying to take his..
    Other countries manage gun control. Heck even Canada has gun control, They're bigger than us.

As for the why didn't he... That was meant rhetorically, I know he was a nutter, I really didn't need clarification on that.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

yes, as an outsider, I too question the gun laws in America. IMO guns do not belong in the hands of everyday civilians. I hate to say but I'm not really surprised that this has happened with US gun laws. Stricter controls on guns are obviously needed.

Yes people will still die from gun related crimes, yes people if they really try they can still get a gun. But if the laws just stops one depressed teenager from getting a gun, and stops shooting 10 people dead at a high school, or even prevents just one death, then it was a smooth move. Isn't prevention better than trying to stop the devastation as it's happening?

My heart goes out to the victims & their families.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard about that. Damn, u ain't safe anywhere anymore. There's always some psycho killing random people.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Umbriel, gun control probably isn't the most effective way of preventing these killing sprees.
    They have happened in other countries as well even though those countries did have stricter gun laws.

I heard about that. Damn, u ain't safe anywhere anymore. There's always some psycho killing random people.
    Quote Originally Posted by the white wolf
    I honestly cannot believe the world anymore. WTF is wrong with everyone. You can't even go holiday shopping without worrying if you're going to get killed that day by some overly-depressed maniac.
    Nothing is wrong, at least not more than it used to be. And you shouldn't be scared either. That's like walking around scared every day because you think a meteor will fall on your head. In fact, getting scared or arming yourself because of it might even have the reverse effect. Fear can ruin your life.

Rational thinking is what you need, not all that emotional crap. Learn to assess a situation and judge its potential danger. Getting afraid only locks you up and actually decreases your chances of survival.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Hassun. Some rationality on the subject is nice. I knew it was just a mater of time before guns came up so I will just point one thing out that most people have missed. The mall was a gun free zone just like the schools and colleges that have been getting shot up. The problem isn't gun control it's that these people have places they can go without fear of being stopped until well after it is too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    Other countries manage gun control. Heck even Canada has gun control, They're bigger than us.
    Ah... no. They have more land, they are not bigger then us. Crime is directly linked to population density not the amount of unsettled wild lands.

My sympathy to the victims families. Maybe someone will finally see the insanity of making shooting galleries and stop protecting these nuts with gun free zones.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

My sympathy to the victims families. Maybe someone will finally see the insanity of making shooting galleries and stop protecting these nuts with gun free zones.
    That wasn't the intention of gun free zones. Its to allow officers or security guards to stop people form concealing guns in these areas. In normal circumstances you should need to carry a gun to a mall or places like that. I know i wouldn't want to be around a bunch of gun nuts carrying guns. I guess they missed this guy. But it would make me feel better, to not walk around a mall and see a bunch of people packing heat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast