+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

I hate how people kill other people because they are sad if someone is giving you a hard time talk to the police or somebody with power like a teacher

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Crime is directly linked to population density not the amount of unsettled wild lands.
    But it isn't the only reason either.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

I always wondered y ppl like him hav to kill other innocent ppl
    Temari is so Cool

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Umbriel, gun control probably isn't the most effective way of preventing these killing sprees.
    They have happened in other countries as well even though those countries did have stricter gun laws.

Nothing is wrong, at least not more than it used to be. And you shouldn't be scared either. That's like walking around scared every day because you think a meteor will fall on your head. In fact, getting scared or arming yourself because of it might even have the reverse effect. Fear can ruin your life.

Rational thinking is what you need, not all that emotional crap. Learn to assess a situation and judge its potential danger. Getting afraid only locks you up and actually decreases your chances of survival.
    Yes, but you don't hear about such crimes happening to the level they do here in the US. Remember when that guy walked into that school in Scotland, and started shooting. People were shocked that such a thing would happen there.

You hear about this sort of thing constantly here. It is becoming an ever increasing problem. When I was a child their was a shoot up at Kent State. People were shocked and appalled that such a thing could happen. Now it is so common, that some people don't even bat an eye when they hear about something like that.

It's sad and terrible that crimes like this have to happen. That fact that this sort of crime is on a startling increase, should ring some bells. At what point do we say enough is enough.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    Nothing is wrong, at least not more than it used to be. And you shouldn't be scared either. That's like walking around scared every day because you think a meteor will fall on your head. In fact, getting scared or arming yourself because of it might even have the reverse effect. Fear can ruin your life.

Rational thinking is what you need, not all that emotional crap. Learn to assess a situation and judge its potential danger. Getting afraid only locks you up and actually decreases your chances of survival.
    It's not that I'm afraid, it's just that this opened my eyes to what I didn't see before. You never really know. Your neighbor might be crazy who knows? I've always felt that you shouldn't live life in a box, afraid of the rest of the world and what it will do to you. So I agree with you 100%. Fear can ruin your life, and what people need is rationality and preparation.

Umbriel, gun control probably isn't the most effective way of preventing these killing sprees.
    Yeah the hell it is. Not necessarily prevent, but it will decrease the chances of them happening.

Hello, how will you be able to shoot civilians when there is no gun to shoot them with?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    That wasn't the intention of gun free zones. Its to allow officers or security guards to stop people form concealing guns in these areas.
    It also stops most officers and security from carrying them as well. Also malls have these handy little maps that tell you exactly where the security office is. The guy just took the time to start at the opposite side of the mall. There was a similar shooting in Utah at the Trolley Square Mall (another gun free zone). It was stopped because an off duty officer was carrying one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Yeah the hell it is. Not necessarily prevent, but it will decrease the chances of them happening.

Hello, how will you be able to shoot civilians when there is no gun to shoot them with?
    Easily, just because something is illegal doesn't mean people who are going to commit a crime can't get them anyway. If not then why is one of the biggest problems England is having right now black market gun manufacturing. They aren't actually that hard to make; all you have to know is how to make a mold and smelt metal. All you really do is take the ability to defend themselves away from the law abiding. If it wasn't so then why do they always go to a place where guns are not allowed? Why don't they walk into a police station or a monster truck rally and start shooting? Just think for a second what would happen if they did. You can see a great example of that in action by just looking at the subways of New York. When I was a teenager muggings there were everyday occurrences; it became so bad people were afraid for their lives and it was being written up in papers across the entire country. What happened? A little old lady pulled out a gun and shot someone threatening her life. The next thing you knew you have all kinds of people carrying concealed weapons there. Concerned citizens organized "armed" patrols of the subway. All of a sudden it became to dangerous to carry out a crime there. Now you almost never hear of violent crimes there anymore.

We need to get rid of gun free zones and stop giving criminals a free killing spree.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

So we allow "law abiding" citizens to carry a gun. One father has one in is household "to protect" his family. Little does he know that he has a suicidal teenager who gets bullied at school. He knows where the gun is (even if his father thinks his hidden it well) and one day, he just clicks, get's sick of it all goes to school with it, kills people before turning it on himself.

Step back a bit and what would have happened if that father wasn't even aloud to have gun in the first place? At the worst the teenager would have just killed himself, but it would still save all those innocent students lives.

Of course you would be still able to get a gun if they really wanted to.
    At least you know that the crazed teenager who just lost his job won't be able to get his hand on them. Then go out on a suicidal random whim and kill people because of it.

I'm not talking about the 'gangsta, gang, bike gang' killings. I'm talking about "law abiding" citizens that get crazed and shoot people because they are having a bad day, or saw the wife/husband cheating on them.

Aust had one major shooting incident. Just one. and as soon as that happened gun laws were tightened massively. And I recently read there are even laws to tighten it further.

We still have gun related deaths, but majority of times those people were involved in risky business or invovled in gangs. Majority of people probably wouldn't know where to start if they wanted one, bar stealing one from the cop shop or something. Kids wouldn't have access to a gun to shoot up a school.

It saddens me to know that it won't surprise me if something like this happens in American again. I don't see how putting stricter guns laws would hurt any one. As I said in my early post, if it only saves one kids from going to a school and shooting it up, then it was a good move.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    So we allow "law abiding" citizens to carry a gun. One father has one in is household "to protect" his family. Little does he know that he has a suicidal teenager who gets bullied at school. He knows where the gun is (even if his father thinks his hidden it well) and one day, he just clicks, get's sick of it all goes to school with it, kills people before turning it on himself.
    Nice story gwenibe now tell me how often that happens per year? It shouldn't be to hard they all end up on the news. Add the incidents of accidental death of a child due to guns, the average is 9, and it's not many. Now ask how many violent crimes are prevented yearly by law abiding citizens with guns? Well over a thousand.

Guns Save Lives (just one study of many.)
    Lott found that concealed weapons laws caused violent crime to drop by 4.9 percent, murder by 7.7 percent, rape by 5.3 percent, and aggravated assault by 7.01 percent.
    Also intriguing is Lott’s comparison of the effectiveness of different types of gun laws. Concealed weapons laws and enhanced sentencing regulations each decrease violent crime by 4 percent on a county level. At the state level, violent crime decreases by 10 percent after the adoption of concealed weapons laws.

Violent crime actually increases 2.3 percent and 10 percent on the county and state levels, respectively, after the adoption of mandatory waiting periods—the same waiting periods routinely touted as a “common sense solution.”
    Washington, DC banned handgun sales in 1977 and soon became the “murder capital of the United States.” Almost all areas that have banned handguns have similarly seen crime increase.
    Also you might want to consider that the rate of "hot crimes", those committed while the owner or resident is present, is app more then 4 times in Canada what it is in the US.

Now guess why.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast