+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mall Shooting In Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    The shooter may just be afraid of death. Hence, he kills others so he doesn't have to make the journey alone.

Don't quite understand how that philosophy works, but it's a possibility.
    It is a possibility . . . Perhaps I'm not well-versed enough on what happened, but he did not kill his family or friends (people he knew) . . . he shot strangers. He had texted his friends and left notes for his family informing them of his intentions. He did not warn the shoppers . . .

He had lost his job and his girlfriend and - with his history of mental issues - I can see where that would have pushed him, but I think that his family and friends should have done more to prevent this . . . . . .

Otaku Tetsanosuke Kirikami is off to a good start Tetsanosuke Kirikami's Avatar
    Thanks

Where were the parents in all of this!?

._.

This world is quite dark as well as bright. In the Black and white of this place there is gray beside each. When you hit one side, there are that of the other and that's just how the world is.

Who knows why the person did it? Who can know? What reason is there for the person to do that at all?

No one for sure, None really.

Depression does screw you up, but that just means there are people who should be there to support them. Even there is a fallacy, because some just don't talk about it.

all I can say is "Damn." and move on. Because it happens near all the time in this crazy world of ours.

"Walk in with Reason, and leave with Passion."

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Perhaps he started killing all these people in an attempt to make himself... more important in the world. Being dumped by your lover is a blow to anyone's self-esteem... maybe he figured out that if he couldn't be loved, then he should at least be remembered by people some way, one or another. And those apologetic suicide notes.. They seem to me as a cry for help, as in, "Why won't anyone love me?" Or at least, maybe that's wha the was thinking. Of course, he wouldn't put that message in his notes, because that'd make him seem pathetic, it'd... damage how he'd want everyone to see him. The "sorry" notes seemed to serve his purpose better.

In short, I think this young man was desperate for recognition, whether it be based in love or infamy.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    WTF is wrong with everyone. You can't even go holiday shopping without worrying if you're going to get killed that day by some overly-depressed maniac.
    Out of context, that sounds like a line from some comedy sit-com...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6