+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Man trapped in elevator.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Man trapped in elevator.

Well, when I meant fragile I wasn't just talking about him but humans in general. Compare to getting lost in the wild, I would say that trapped in an elevator isn't much. Besides he already gone crazy within hours, he did not actually hold out for 42 hours. Anyways, I would have liked to read about what happened to all those securities that were on shift for that weekend while White was trapped.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Interesting little (o.O) story there. Looked to me like there were a few flaws in their system, security missing the alarm, maintainance skipping that elevator, perhaps a couple of other things. Still, it was 10 years ago, safety is always improving.

I'm not surprised his mind started playing tricks on him. hours on end with only the alarm to provide outside stimulation. I dare say I'd go a little kooky myself, but then again, I'm already a bit crazy. I'd find a way to entertain myself, though they'd possibly earn the company a few dents in the walls. For some reason, I tend to punch walls at times, not to threaten anyone though, just as a random act...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    He didn't quit his job, he just never returned... but before you praise him, there was also this: "He got a lawyer, and came to believe that returning to work might signal a degree of mental fitness detrimental to litigation. Instead, he spent eight weeks in Anguilla. Eventually, Business Week had to let him go."
    well... I see that as a kind of revenge from what he had gone through....

I don't think they were his friends. I think they were just his colleagues. Just "office friends".
    And usually a weekend gone wouldn't mean anything more to them than just "he was sick".
    But still... at least they should have wondered... even if he was "just a colleague." In all reality, one spend more time with colleagues than with oneself's family....

"Before long, an elevator-maintenance team arrived and, over the intercom, coached him through a set of maneuvers with the buttons. White asked what day it was, and, when they told him it was Sunday at 4 P.M., he was shocked. He had been trapped for forty-one hours. He felt a change in the breeze, which suggested that the elevator was moving."
    What do you mean before long??? they got there after 41 HOURS!!!! you call that before long? I call before long 30min to 2hours the most

I know you're not stating that it's the elevator's fault, I'm just making it clear to everyone else that the ELEVATOR WASN'T THE MAIN PROBLEM... and this is where I'm glad you blamed the maintenance for: IT WAS THE MAINTENANCE'S JOB TO CHECK EVERY ELEVATOR. And even worse: IT WAS SECURITY'S JOB TO CHECK THE CAMERAS.
    Yeah, those guys suck.
    yup I blame maintenance and security as well... oh men now I feel mooore trust fro those who work in security... I mean as you say they were supposed to check the security cameras... where were them?? eating donouts?!?!?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku yinyangAio1 is off to a good start yinyangAio1's Avatar
    Thanks

I would be extreamly mad if I was White! How in the world could the security guards not see him! If they were really looking, they should've seen him. I think he reacted really well under the circumstances!

oops...they saw us...*to you* Hi...you didn't just see that...

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

its really crazy that he held out that long. i mean, i would try to sleep the time away, but i cant sleep for that long!

man, that would have sucked! and the stupid security gaurds who left without even noticving him on the monitor? idiots. he should have sued them.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    its really crazy that he held out that long. i mean, i would try to sleep the time away, but i cant sleep for that long!

man, that would have sucked! and the stupid security gaurds who left without even noticving him on the monitor? idiots. he should have sued them.
    It's a really long time and that security guard should have gone to court, for two reasons.

1. Not doing his job,
    2. If he did notice and he left him that is against the law i think??? well yeah he should have been nicked for a little while or at least fired!

i would have been so bored and thirsty and so hungry, wow i can't belive that no one noticed!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, i would totally starve to death. i mean, its easy to find food in the wilderness. however, in a barren wasteland that is an elevator, i think the only thing to eat would be the nasty carpet.

maybe every time i go in an elevator i will bring a bag of beef jerkey and a bottle of water

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    yeah, i would totally starve to death. i mean, its easy to find food in the wilderness. however, in a barren wasteland that is an elevator, i think the only thing to eat would be the nasty carpet.

maybe every time i go in an elevator i will bring a bag of beef jerkey and a bottle of water
    haha, i'm determined to NOT use an elevator, i never have liked the things but this tops it off, i hear about trapping and well quiete frankly i'll use the stiars, safer unless you fall and break your neck but highely unlikely i belive! and it's greta excersise for you, i think after a tramatic situation like this one, i would doubt he'd use another elevator in a hurry, especially in the building he was lets say "abbandend" in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast