Thread: Manners

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Manners

Quote Originally Posted by 02134 View Post
    well nothing would be entertaining if it werent entertaining
    and isnt everything algrebra ex. you are X and the computer is Y
    or is it only a computer?

and if there is no such thing as rude or manners how can you use them to describe a definition of rude or manners? how can you even be certain how to spell rude or manners? infact what if manners is spelled like this mainrz and how do you even know if it means anything at all?
    Is there something going on with you at the moment? I swear I have had more intellectual conversations with potheads.

The non existence of rude and manners were being applied to the situation of comparring manners with future generations. I can easily define the rude and manners because I came up with them. I chose what was what and which is which, and above all, how to spell the word.

Wow, I have no idea where you are going, but could you keep to the thread?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummmmmmm. Can I just say how much I hate people who don't say sorry when they've bumped into you, even if they're in a hurry? That counts as lacking manners too. I mean, HELLO. Didn't you ever learn how to say sorry? This is questionable, I think, since a lot of my friends don't really get why people should stop and apologize (they don't do it either!) for bumping into you, and that being in a hurry is a great excuse to NOT say sorry.

Bah.

Newbie Thunder13 is off to a good start Thunder13's Avatar
    Thanks

Manners are determined individually. Imagine you are on another planet and an alien pushes you down.When you stand back up , you see everyone doing it, saying its proper manners to do it. So, like u guys said, manners could technically be considered as an inefficient term to use.and I only said it COULD be.Also, i think that most manners are unnecessary most of the time.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hmm, seems some people are going overboard with reasonings for manners to me. Yes some things that were made to be "manners" a long time ago might not still be done today and even might seem retarded to to some people but from what I can see, manners are nothing but being polite and being accountable for your actions toward others.

Let's use the bumping into others instance for starters: If I'm in a hurry and being careless for whatever reason and I happen to bump into another person the polite thing to do would be to apologize. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

How about elbows on the dinner table: I don't know who made it up and I'm not entirely sure why but I can guess it was because if you have your arms up to you elbows on the table you have a better chance of knocking something off on accident..Somehow through the years that became one of the "manners" while eating dinner.
    You wouldn't let out a loud fart while sitting at grandma's dinner table would you? Once again it comes down to being polite to others, no one at her dinner table wants to hear you fart, or smell it for that matter while they are eating.

How does anyone figure that there is no such thing as "rude" or "manners"? That doesn't make any kind of since to me at all. You see them both in everyday life. Someone could actually be rude and polite (have manners).
    Let's use the case of a man opening a door for a woman, so he opens the door and says "here you go miss" and she says "thankyou" and continues on. They both showed "manners" or "politeness" by acknowledging the others deed. Now let's say that after she walks through the door the man stares at the womans butt and say's "nice butt" in a lude way while she is walking away, that would be considered "rude" would it not?

There are way too many "manners" to elaborate on and there are plenty of people who don't believe in being polite anymore so in the end it's you who decide when to use your polite mannerisms toward others. How many people are going to get mad at you for being polite if they know you're trying to be polite though?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    Let's use the bumping into others instance for starters: If I'm in a hurry and being careless for whatever reason and I happen to bump into another person the polite thing to do would be to apologize. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    That's it exactly. It's not just "polite", it's right. Even if I'm not the one who did the bumping, I say sorry anyway, because who's to say who bumped into who? It's even worse when the other person just glares at you even after you've apologized. And you're seething inside and cursing them to hell for their dastardly lack of manners.

How about elbows on the dinner table: I don't know who made it up and I'm not entirely sure why but I can guess it was because if you have your arms up to you elbows on the table you have a better chance of knocking something off on accident..Somehow through the years that became one of the "manners" while eating dinner.
    I may be overreacting, but I wish I could break the arms of everyone who eats with his/her arms on the table. If you're just sitting around having a drink and a conversation, that's all fine. But not when you're eating. You're just hogging space. And people will end up elbowing each other anyway. :S

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I feel you on the elbows at the dinner table thing. My dad would slap the crap out of me and my brother if we did that lol.

As for the bumping into someone thing, of course it's the right thing to do. I do recall something that sounded like...Do unto others...or something like that :P

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    I know everyone knows people like that, but has anything happed to anyone you know ?...( you don't have to give names) but whats your input on this?
    I believe that the youth of today are lacking in manners because their parents and role models are rude and violent. Children of today need role models like Ghandi and Martin Luther King, Jr. and Pope John Paul II, not rappers and gangsters who mistreat both themselves and their women. **steps down from soap-box** Thank you.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

It aint just the teens that lack manners. I was leaving a electronics store and as i went out the door, i bumped into some womens child. They were coming into the store. Before i could say im so sorry, she replied with attitude, "Dont be running into my kid". I of course said im so so sorry. As she kept walking into the store, she replied with more attitude and said;"i should watch where im going next time. I then lost it and said, "sure thing hun". So it ain't only the teens with no manners.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 20, 2007 at 10:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast