+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: manners

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: manners

I would always here no elbows on the tabel,no inturpting,dont talk with my mouth full,cover my mouth when i burb,normal stuff like that.

Otaku Gold Miner: Second Edition Champion tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day
    Thanks

About 5 years ago I went to "manner" classes where they would teach all the proper things to do in life for instance for girls you never cross your leg... you would sit down nicely and cross your ankles and you would never make a shape of a 4 with your legs for its rude...it would say depending on what leg you are pointing at the person, for it would mean that, that person was dirt...others would have to be learning how to talk on a phone, dancing waltz, the fox trot and others like eating...and eating in small portions, closing your mouth when chewing and no talking with food in your mouth and no elbows on the table...and you would never slouch while eating there are so many manners that it can be a pain but they are very helpful when you go to a nice restaurants or meet people...there are a lot more but it would take to long for me to say all of them but some of these manners were told by my parents before I even to the classes so yea! But going to the classes it did help me a lot!!

Made by mi amigo Mveli2

Newbie Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123 may be famous one day Yippy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm well my parents never taught me any manners at all! They were always busy with their own business so i had to learn by myself and thank god for that. I think my mum can be so rude sometimes like when eating out at a restaurant she would chew with her mouth open and talk at the same time!!! Yuk and im just really embarrassed... Also she tends to shout when shes talking so i get this ringing in my ears x.x

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I was taught a lot of manners...
    >_> Though I was an often disrespectful boy, I did know my manners and I did behave when I "felt like it"... yeah, I was a brat.

=_O But in all honesty? My mom follows none of her own manners that she's taught her children!

At first, I thought I was just overthinking like most bratty teens did with their parents~ you know, blaming them for everything and making up things in my head to make myself feel better or feel right.

But no... she had no manners at all unless if it was around other people.
    o_o But around her children?

Psh no... no "excuse me", no "thank you"s (well, she does say it about 60% of the time), no keeping the elbows off the table, no not talking with your mouth full, no keeping your-.... whatever, the list goes on and on.

I learned to live with it.

As for me? I keep my manners to those who care. For a certain someone (Abu), I let myself go because it just seems funnier that way.
    But no matter what, I always feel compelled to say "excuse me" after belches that the world hears or even small burps that no one hears.

Newbie Kiiro is off to a good start Kiiro's Avatar
    Thanks

Now that I think about it... My parents didn't really teach me any manners when I was young O.o or maybe 'cause I tend to forget things lol. Anyway, I do know that I'm not supposed to speak with my mouth full...no complaints there lol and I guess, say please and thank you. Though if I were to live in the Philippines, which is my hometown then woo, I'd have to be as polite as ever >.<

But I don't find manners to be ya know annoying or a bother, really.
    Signature Made By My Older Sister!

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

The manners i know iv either learned myself cause i hate seeing other people do rude or discusting things so i dont do it myself and i learned a little from my grandma she was a pain in the ass but when i look back she was more helpful then my mom was for the past forever years that iv been alive thats why i choose not to eat with my family at the same time cause i cant stand the way my brother eats and stuff

Do to others as you see fit

Otaku Candid is off to a good start
    Thanks

My parents are weird. They teach me all these things they think are good manners when in fact they're
    the exact opposite. Then my dad bought me and my sister a good manners book?
    my parents confuse me....

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Everyone has been taught different versions of right and wrong as everyone parent has different views of what they think. But of course there is the well known things that have all been said in previous posts. Such as; don't eat with your mouth full - because others don't really want to see a mouth full of food, Don't talk while others are talking - as it will easily irritate the other person and will make the conversation hard to follow as you won't be listening to another person but interrupting, and lastly act politely at all times because no one wants to be treated in an ill manner and will not like you for acting so indecently and showing disrespect.

Manners are more about personal appearance as people do tend to judge people on how they show themselves as it is possibly the first thing they will notice. As well as if one member of a family is acting in an ill mannered way then the rest of the family begins to be tagged with the same reputation of being a disrespectful family. It is how we all work out if one member of one family is able to hold another stable friendship/relationship with another member of another family.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast