View Poll Results: Is marriage worth it?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It makes everything even more complicated.

5 14.71%
  • Yes! Love conquers all! Marriage is an adventure to share with the one you love! Yes, yes yes!

18 52.94%
  • Does it look like I care -_-;

11 32.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Just as the title states. Do you think marriage is worth it? Does it change anything?? Or do you believe it's just rings and a piece of paper that doesn't really change the bond two peple share with each other? I know, or rather, my mom knows a couple that have been together for twenty six years. They don't want to get married because they don't want to risk anything. Besides, what does a piece of paper prove? What do you guys think? Should people bother to get married? Let's talk.

Admins, I wasn't too sure if this topic belonged in the debate/discuss or cyber lounge. So I just created it here. Thought it was more something to talk about, rather than to debate about.

Me, personally... I think marriage makes everything all the much better! They are bonded by God and by the rings they gave to each other. Promises of eternal love for each other. But I'm about to contradict myself. As well as agreeing to the term "marriage", I do disagree with the conception of it all together. Why get married? Why promise someone you are going to feel the same way for the rest of your life? You don't know if you are going to keep it. You'll just end up hurting them if you get divorced. People get divorced everyday. I think it's just a waste of time, and rediculous. Why get married if you're going to eventually get divorced? But I guess it's the same as saying, "Why love, if there's a possibility that you'll get hurt?" A very complicated thing, love is. And to me, marriage makes it all the more complicated. But then again, maybe you do feel a strong connection towards someone and you do want to spend the rest of your life with them. Why not get married?? If you love 'em...marry 'em.

(=___=);; I've got to stop doing that..

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

There are many financial and political reasons to get married. So if marriage is for those things I say go for it. If it's for love I'd say no.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

i think when getting married its just really saying out loud how much you love your partner. There is nothing bad about it in my eyes. I for one would love to get married even if i have spoken about it with my boyfriend. we won't rush anything that doesn't feel right. Of course marriage is a big step and for us females the name change would be something to get used to.

For me marriage is just showing you really care for your partner and that nothing is going to get in the way. It may be weird for some to think "what really does a ring prove?" but for me i suppose its not just a ring but a symbol of love. I know it sounds cheesy but that ring means a lot to me.

I never though that i would find someone who I wanted to marry and spend the rest of my life with. But now that I have I don't care who knows because what really matters is that i love my partner and nothing is going to change it.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Well I believe that to get married...there has to be at least a liiiittle bit of love there. But not just to get married "just" for love. Love does not feeds your family, work and money does. Anyways... I do think that if u have quite time together u should get married... if you are ready and you are sure of what are u doing and you are sure that you know the person enough to get married... dont forget that ppl can change for good as well as they do for bad...
    This, I think, is the key to a great marriage and to avoid a sad divorse where ppl get really hurt, especially if there are kids in between.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, I almost voted "no" because of what came after the "yes" in the poll. ^^;; Suddenly I felt like one of those squealy shoujo anime characters jumping up and down, declaring my love for some guy. >__>

But yeah, I'm all for marriage. ^^;; I may not seem like it here, but my friends know I'm a romantic (not a hopeless one, though). It'd be reaaaaally nice to be able to get married to someone I reaaaaally love in a pretty little church, and settle down in a pretty little house and have pretty little children, and pretty little pets and all that jazz. Hahahah. It's just too bad everyone says when you're in the film industry it's almost impossible to have a nice family life like that. Now why, oh, why am I going to Tisch?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

All of you seem to agree with the idea of marriage. Well, most anyway. See me, I'm caught in between. I have this thing with "I'm never going to get married. I'm going to live my own life - life on the edge >D - and have no kids." But then there's that little part of me that wants a family. I think it'd be really cool to call yourself someone's "wife". That's a very big title, and responsibility. I agree with saz-chan, that it's mainly all for the love you feel for someone. If you find someone that is so dear and near to your heart, yes sure.. by all means get married. But I guess I'm mainly afraid that I'd get hurt or something. I've seen so many people get married and then divorced, and it saddens me My grandparents on my dad's side, though. They give me hope. They have been married for a very long time. And they show their love as bright as ever now that they're older. And to me, that's beautiful. Yes, all that I'm saying now contradicts what I said in my earlier post, but that's just who I am. I can never make up my mind. I always tell people that I'm not going to get married, and I'm not going to have kids. But for all of those who know me, I think they know that that is so not true. Sigh. Whatever. Whatever life brings..y'know? So, marriage? Why not.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I want to have a family, one day. Is marriage necassary, not really. I really could care less what other people thought of me for being married or not, so I'm not gonna do it just to show the rest of the world I love someone. I'll only do it if I want to. As for the yes comment and vote I made, that's because I don't feel like it should complicate things. And I do care about the subject, so I chose yes.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    All of you seem to agree with the idea of marriage. Well, most anyway. See me, I'm caught in between. I have this thing with "I'm never going to get married. I'm going to live my own life - life on the edge >D - and have no kids." But then there's that little part of me that wants a family. I think it'd be really cool to call yourself someone's "wife". That's a very big title, and responsibility. I agree with saz-chan, that it's mainly all for the love you feel for someone. If you find someone that is so dear and near to your heart, yes sure.. by all means get married. But I guess I'm mainly afraid that I'd get hurt or something. I've seen so many people get married and then divorced, and it saddens me My grandparents on my dad's side, though. They give me hope. They have been married for a very long time. And they show their love as bright as ever now that they're older. And to me, that's beautiful. Yes, all that I'm saying now contradicts what I said in my earlier post, but that's just who I am. I can never make up my mind. I always tell people that I'm not going to get married, and I'm not going to have kids. But for all of those who know me, I think they know that that is so not true. Sigh. Whatever. Whatever life brings..y'know? So, marriage? Why not.

Hey bud. no offence but how old are u???
    'cos while ur youger than 18 (at least) you don't even need or have to think on that desicion. You don't know what the future repairs for you. So first chill out and enjoy ur life while ur young, you'll be young just once so enjoy it at the maximum!!!! One does not have that voice 'til one is in loved or it is really mature to decide wether if one is going to be married or not
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast