View Poll Results: Is marriage worth it?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It makes everything even more complicated.

5 14.71%
  • Yes! Love conquers all! Marriage is an adventure to share with the one you love! Yes, yes yes!

18 52.94%
  • Does it look like I care -_-;

11 32.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

I know, leb-chan but this is just the way I think. My mom's a single mom with two kids, both with different fathers. She's never been married (well, actually she was but it didn't last long with my father. I mean they were only in their twenties. Early twenties.), and many of her friends have not been married either, or have been but are divorced. So I really don't know what it's like to see a functional married happy couple. And I usually think deep thoughts such as marriage and children and whatnot when I'm bored. The future is an interesting aspect in my eyes so I like to think about what it can bring. I'm turning sixteen on saturday btw ^ ^;;

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I had a great family life until I was 16. My parents were happy and so were us kids. So, it does prove to be a good enviorment while it lasts. Hopefully if you ever do get married it does not turn out to be another divorce statistice, especially if you live in america, wwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Thanks

See, that is what I mean. Many couples who marry eventually get divorced! I do not know many married couples who have been happily married for like, ever. This affects my thoughts and ultimately my decision on whether or not I'd like to get married. What's the point? Everything is just going to be so hard when you try and get that divorce. Where as if you're just boyfriendxgirlfriend, you could just break up. And you'd never take your relationship that serious to begin with. So it'd be better to just not get married.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't let the other side discourage you. There are plenty of married couples out there. Time does change things in some cases, but if you truly find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, then I say take the chance and get married. It's a lot better than being afraid of what might happen, which would prevent you from finding true happiness.

Thanks

Words of wisdom you speak, deo-chan. I shall not let that discourage me then. I have many many years ahead of me, and I wont let fear get the best of me. Although I think it's best not to get married and not have children, for it may slow down one's dreams of achieving certain things in life. It's a conflict not needed, in my opinion.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

yes there are some relationships that never seem to really last but really if you love someone then wouldn't you want to spend the rest of your life with that person and have a family together and being with them till you die?

For me marriage is just beginning of a life with someone. Showing that you fully support them by showing your relationship. To me now being called "wife" doesn't seem that scary. I used to think i would never get married. Heck i didn't even start thinking about marriage till last year when the person i was dating asked me what i would have said if he asked me.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know about you, but I used to NOT want to get married too when I was younger and er, more tomboyish and all (?) but eventually that changed. So yeah, you might change your mind along the way. How old are you anyway?

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think marriage helps to reinforce a relationship. I voted that it makes things a lot more complicated, because in the end that's all it really does. It's just a bunch of papers that say "you have sex with person" and that you pay a lot of money to celebrate having only to lose twice that amount in the end. It makes breaking up a lot more complicated as usually your stuff is split down the middle with whomever you had the foolishness of making this "bond" with. Marriage doesn't help to deter cheating, either. It really serves no purpose other than to make your life a helluva' lot more stressful than it already is. Recently my dad just got engaged for the second time, and I'm going to lmao after he gets screwed out of half his stuff after he breaks up with this broad. I can honestly say I've learned my lesson about "marriage" by watching other people, and no matter how much some chica want's to ensare me in the financial bear trap that is marriage I will never do it. Hell, I'm not even going to buy a ring, that's just a really expensive way of saying "man, I really want to do you tonight" and also serves no real purpose.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast