View Poll Results: Is marriage worth it?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It makes everything even more complicated.

5 14.71%
  • Yes! Love conquers all! Marriage is an adventure to share with the one you love! Yes, yes yes!

18 52.94%
  • Does it look like I care -_-;

11 32.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Just as the title states. Do you think marriage is worth it? Does it change anything?? Or do you believe it's just rings and a piece of paper that doesn't really change the bond two peple share with each other? I know, or rather, my mom knows a couple that have been together for twenty six years. They don't want to get married because they don't want to risk anything. Besides, what does a piece of paper prove? What do you guys think? Should people bother to get married? Let's talk.
    We'll talk alright

Of course marriage is worht it. Some people might think it's just a waste of time with two people sliding a ring and kissing each other, clapping and bonne voyage, new couples.
    No it's not like this. Marriage is a sacred bond which is accepted in every religion.. let it be small tribes in a remote island, it doesn't matter. And it's not also about just fullfilling your body's needs with your partner. Marriage is based on compromosation, trust, loyalty and love. Even though in some countries people have to marry forcefully or not, meaning arranged marriage, it still stays the same ^_^ They get along well with each other after a while and so on..
    Anyways!
    Some people might not want to marry even though they've been together for a very long time is just stupid. As Lavie stated this somewhere. If they've been together for such a long time they should know everything about their partner now. Marriage is just a part of life ^_^ Don't get scared...
    Being married changes almost everything. It gives you more responsibility than you already have v.v You have to love him/her and keep and understanding between each other. To make sure nothing comes in between the two pwople, it similar to a young couple [boy/girlfriends].
    Not only this the two will always be there for each other which brings them closer ^_^
    Marriage isn't stupid. As you grow older your views change and it is not an agreement.

EDIT!
    The pole needs more options (=_=)O
    Also marriage aren't supposed to made in heaven. It just feels heavenly when you're in love, and, trust me that marriage actuallymakes you stronger and mature.
    Last edited by Rave_Grip; Mar 01, 2007 at 10:12 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage is the next step on the path of love. If you love someone, you seal the deal forever. Anyone can be in a relationship, those can break at any moment, even if you've been together for years. But marriage is higher because it is sacred bond, a union of man and woman. Would you want to go around in your 50s or even 40s and introduce your girl as "my girlfriend?" I wouldn't. I'd like to say, "this is my wife, ----."

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Really whatever you put into marriage is what you get out of it. I say if you find someone that you really want to spend the rest of your life with then go for it by all means. I mean I did find someone and I didn't go for it and now I wished I had. Love is a commitment that you are willing to put your life aside and let it become each others life. It's no longer you but us. Don't play around with marriage because then you will end up hating it and saying that it's not for you. Take your time and get to know the person your going to marry because once you do it's going to be hard not to stay married if you hate it and if you do it would be like you won the lottery or you went to heaven.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    Marriage is the next step on the path of love. If you love someone, you seal the deal forever. Anyone can be in a relationship, those can break at any moment, even if you've been together for years. But marriage is higher because it is sacred bond, a union of man and woman. Would you want to go around in your 50s or even 40s and introduce your girl as "my girlfriend?" I wouldn't. I'd like to say, "this is my wife, ----."
    yeah what dark said

When a relationship feels so right and the thought of marrying someone doesn't scare you that the love you with your partner is so special and right that you want to hold onto it forever!

If things don't work out in a relationship then its not the right person. For when you TRULY someone your life changes and the main focus in my life right now is to make my boyfriend the happiest he has ever been. Yeah it might mean i make sacrifices but in my eyes, i would do anything to make him happy and to keep it that way.

Blue - who was the last question to?
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Really whatever you put into marriage is what you get out of it. I say if you find someone that you really want to spend the rest of your life with then go for it by all means. I mean I did find someone and I didn't go for it and now I wished I had. Love is a commitment that you are willing to put your life aside and let it become each others life. It's no longer you but us. Don't play around with marriage because then you will end up hating it and saying that it's not for you. Take your time and get to know the person your going to marry because once you do it's going to be hard not to stay married if you hate it and if you do it would be like you won the lottery or you went to heaven.
    Oh yes!!! I agree!!! get to know the person, and I'll add to that: make sure you both are ready for the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark. View Post
    lol. It will be kind of awkward to be on the 40s or 50s and say one has a bf/gf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    We'll talk alright

Of course marriage is worht it. Some people might think it's just a waste of time with two people sliding a ring and kissing each other, clapping and bonne voyage, new couples.
    No it's not like this. Marriage is a sacred bond which is accepted in every religion.. let it be small tribes in a remote island, it doesn't matter. And it's not also about just fullfilling your body's needs with your partner. Marriage is based on compromosation, trust, loyalty and love. Even though in some countries people have to marry forcefully or not, meaning arranged marriage, it still stays the same ^_^ They get along well with each other after a while and so on..
    Anyways!
    Some people might not want to marry even though they've been together for a very long time is just stupid. As Lavie stated this somewhere. If they've been together for such a long time they should know everything about their partner now. Marriage is just a part of life ^_^ Don't get scared...
    Being married changes almost everything. It gives you more responsibility than you already have v.v You have to love him/her and keep and understanding between each other. To make sure nothing comes in between the two pwople, it similar to a young couple [boy/girlfriends].
    Not only this the two will always be there for each other which brings them closer ^_^
    Marriage isn't stupid. As you grow older your views change and it is not an agreement.

EDIT!
    The pole needs more options (=_=)O
    Also marriage aren't supposed to made in heaven. It just feels heavenly when you're in love, and, trust me that marriage actuallymakes you stronger and mature.
    It is a part of life YES!!! But even tho u dont wanna get sacared about it... you get scared!!!! I am not married yet... but the simple idea scares me tho. I'll overcome it when the time is right. For me I am not ready yet. But I do believe marriage it is worthy!!!!
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Oh yes!!! I agree!!! get to know the person, and I'll add to that: make sure you both are ready for the change.

lol. It will be kind of awkward to be on the 40s or 50s and say one has a bf/gf.

It is a part of life YES!!! But even tho u dont wanna get sacared about it... you get scared!!!! I am not married yet... but the simple idea scares me tho. I'll overcome it when the time is right. For me I am not ready yet. But I do believe marriage it is worthy!!!!
    Well yes be sure your ready to take that next step. It is a drastic change and it's really no going back on it. Hopefully if you commit to someone you commit yourselves for life. Not just however long you think you can stand the person. As for the 40's or 50's thing there are people like that who have dated for years but never felt comfortable to get married or never really even thought about it. You also have divorcees that do go out again and don't really look for anyone to marry even if they say they love them. It's just a feeling that they don't want to get close to anyone again because they are scared they will get hurt. That's apart of life to your going to get hurt. Marriage should scare you alittle until you find someone that you want to be married to and it scares you all the way up to your wedding day. Being forced into the marriage is the wrong thing to do you can't see it as a way to get over your fear. You have to really mean something to the one your marring and they must mean something to you for you to go before God and say I do.

P.S. Lebby Rave meant sacred meaning holy
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia View Post
    I don't think marriage helps to reinforce a relationship. I voted that it makes things a lot more complicated, because in the end that's all it really does. It's just a bunch of papers that say "you have sex with person" and that you pay a lot of money to celebrate having only to lose twice that amount in the end. It makes breaking up a lot more complicated as usually your stuff is split down the middle with whomever you had the foolishness of making this "bond" with. Marriage doesn't help to deter cheating, either. It really serves no purpose other than to make your life a helluva' lot more stressful than it already is. Recently my dad just got engaged for the second time, and I'm going to lmao after he gets screwed out of half his stuff after he breaks up with this broad. I can honestly say I've learned my lesson about "marriage" by watching other people, and no matter how much some chica want's to ensare me in the financial bear trap that is marriage I will never do it. Hell, I'm not even going to buy a ring, that's just a really expensive way of saying "man, I really want to do you tonight" and also serves no real purpose.

Wow, you have a very interesting theory, exopara. I mean, I guess it makes sense. Well, sorta. I mean, marriage doesn't come with all of those mishaps, well not all at once, at least. And I don't think that when men propose to "their woman" that all it means is, "I really want to have sex with you". That's a really sad way of looking at marriage. I believe that marriage is something very special two people share. Just as saz-chan said... it's a very special way of showing someone you love them.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Wow, you have a very interesting theory, exopara. I mean, I guess it makes sense. Well, sorta. I mean, marriage doesn't come with all of those mishaps, well not all at once, at least. And I don't think that when men propose to "their woman" that all it means is, "I really want to have sex with you". That's a really sad way of looking at marriage. I believe that marriage is something very special two people share. Just as saz-chan said... it's a very special way of showing someone you love them.
    yeah but with the mishaps..you can work through things together which will make the bond between you both. Love is where two people work together to help create a better life. Its not point being a one sided relationship as sooner or later things are never going to end pretty. When two people are ready to get married then yes I agree its a big step and you both have to take that step together when the time is right. When you are in love, you won't want to rush your partner in to marriage because thats just pushing them and causing more pressure on the other person.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast