View Poll Results: Is marriage worth it?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It makes everything even more complicated.

5 14.71%
  • Yes! Love conquers all! Marriage is an adventure to share with the one you love! Yes, yes yes!

18 52.94%
  • Does it look like I care -_-;

11 32.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Marriage: A go-go, or a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by dancy_SAZ View Post
    yeah but with the mishaps..you can work through things together which will make the bond between you both. Love is where two people work together to help create a better life. Its not point being a one sided relationship as sooner or later things are never going to end pretty. When two people are ready to get married then yes I agree its a big step and you both have to take that step together when the time is right. When you are in love, you won't want to rush your partner in to marriage because thats just pushing them and causing more pressure on the other person.
    True, saz-chan. When you really love someone, you wouldn't want to push them into taking such a big step! It's just like 'sex' in some cases. If you really love your partner, you'd wait with them until they're ready. And as for the things that wrong in a relationship, I do agree that working them out and solving the problems makes the relationship and bond you share with the other person stronger and more alive. Getting through the tough only shows that you love each other enough to stay together even after a few wrong goings. It does create a better life. Thinking about it now, I believe marriage shows a couple patience. They learn to be patient with another human being, and they learn how to learn. And to me, that's pretty cool.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    True, saz-chan. When you really love someone, you wouldn't want to push them into taking such a big step! It's just like 'sex' in some cases. If you really love your partner, you'd wait with them until they're ready. And as for the things that wrong in a relationship, I do agree that working them out and solving the problems makes the relationship and bond you share with the other person stronger and more alive. Getting through the tough only shows that you love each other enough to stay together even after a few wrong goings. It does create a better life. Thinking about it now, I believe marriage shows a couple patience. They learn to be patient with another human being, and they learn how to learn. And to me, that's pretty cool.
    yeah marriage does show patience as well as learning to thrust another person and supporting them for the rest of your lives. Life is never going to be simple and thats way all the problems we all go through make us stronger and more confident in our selves that we can do things. When you are in a relationship, its about showing people that you can work with someone in a close relationship i suppose.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Thanks

Yes, being in a relationship does show the other person that you are willing to work things out because you love them. Which is why I sometimes think marriage makes it all the more complicated. Why must you have to commit in such a big way just to show someone else that you love them that much? I mean, when it comes to love there can be so many doubts. Which is why marriage brings up many questions and so much uncertainty.

Otaku sazza2488 may be famous one day sazza2488 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I think marriage is a "go-go" if you support each other financially and emotionally. As marriage is not just about love really. You need finance to help you with things are work out things together as a whole.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well like every young girl wants when there younger is to have a big white wedding ( well me cos im spoild and cos of disney) but i think if u love that person dear enof you should get married but thats my openuon ( p.s i sooo can spell)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sazza2488 View Post
    I think marriage is a "go-go" if you support each other financially and emotionally. As marriage is not just about love really. You need finance to help you with things are work out things together as a whole.
    Okay, so in other words, marriage is a selfish way to help yourself become stable in finance and emotions. So basically you are using the other person to your accord. See, that's why I sometimes think marriage isn't as golden as people make it out to be. People are selfish, so they get married to help each other out. Just like if you are an illegal immigrant. To become legal, the best way to go, or so people think, is to marry someone who is legal. Selfish people out there in the world. And marrying another one just like yourself is a waste of time. In my opinion.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Should marriage be a holy union that unites those who love each other, yes. Is it always that case, no. Don't let what other people do sway your judgement on the matter. When it comes down to it, it's your decision. Hopefully, if you ever want to marry, it will be for love instead of selfish reasons or the fact that it is convenient at the time, those are the marriages that don't last that long.

Thanks

I guess I never looked at it that way deo-chan. As marriage being something individually. I've always generalized the topic. But I never realized that it's what you want, you do... y'know? If two people really love each other, than of course they should get married. But I guess what sways my opinion on that, is the fact that sometimes two people do love each other... and end up getting a divorce anyway. And that's sad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast