Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Martial Arts

MartialArts:sport,defence method,life style
    Do you play martial arts?
    probably most of us play them,so what martial art do you play?
    & if there is a martial art you want to learn,what is it?
    For myself,I learned KungFu before,but I didn't continued & stopped playing martial arts for a while,but I returned to play martial arts & now I train myself by the experince & the knowledge I had from my old training,watching moves,copying moves which I see from either fighting games,movies or pictures,even making new moves
    So now you can say that I play FreeStyle & I would like to learn Bajiquan: a Chinese martial art (pronounced "Hakkyoku-ken" in Japanese)which means (rake fist)
    So how about U?

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MartialArts

I like martial arts and i would love to be trained if given the chance. I like to experience what you've done-Kung fu. I've watched so many martial arts stuff on Nat Geo and Discovery and kung fu stands out for me. I love the fact that it is one of the oldest and one of the most graceful. Those kung fu masters with their 3-sec-staves and meteor hammers are just too beautiful and amazing too watch...

..and come to think of it, Kung fu affects longevity and health. I've been living excessively with cigarette smoking and alcohol. I'm still young and i don't wanna be livin' excessively until i reach my 30s, maybe Kung fu can help straighten me up.

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    I like martial arts and i would love to be trained if given the chance. I like to experience what you've done-Kung fu. I've watched so many martial arts stuff on Nat Geo and Discovery and kung fu stands out for me. I love the fact that it is one of the oldest and one of the most graceful. Those kung fu masters with their 3-sec-staves and meteor hammers are just too beautiful and amazing too watch...

..and come to think of it, Kung fu affects longevity and health. I've been living excessively with cigarette smoking and alcohol. I'm still young and i don't wanna be livin' excessively until i reach my 30s, maybe Kung fu can help straighten me up.
    Good to hear that you want to learn Kung Fu,but I'm not pleased to hear about your situation
    You're still young so try as hard as you can to stop smoking & drinking;it's really bad habbit
    & you must know that learning Kung Fu alone isn't the way to get better
    eventhough it can straighten you up
    Don't kill yourself by these unusefull stuff;even if you don't feel that these stuff harm you,you'll feel the bad effects of it when you grow older
    I know someone who used to smoke before but he stoped,even that he stoped he until now suffers from bad effects of smoking
    anyway,hope you recover from your situation & become better & yeah! it's good to learn Kung Fu

Newbie animeproject97 is off to a good start animeproject97's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AstralMage01 View Post
    MartialArts:sport,defence method,life style
    Do you play martial arts?
    probably most of us play them,so what martial art do you play?
    & if there is a martial art you want to learn,what is it?
    For myself,I learned KungFu before,but I didn't continued & stopped playing martial arts for a while,but I returned to play martial arts & now I train myself by the experince & the knowledge I had from my old training,watching moves,copying moves which I see from either fighting games,movies or pictures,even making new moves
    So now you can say that I play FreeStyle & I would like to learn Bajiquan: a Chinese martial art (pronounced "Hakkyoku-ken" in Japanese)which means (rake fist)
    So how about U?
    i would like 2 learn kung fu but my parents wont let me. Is kung fu a type of karate because that is what my parents say, but i believe that it is its own sport of its own kind and that it and karate are not that much alike . What do u think??

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i have always wanted to learn but i never go the chance. i would like to learn tai kuan do (sorry if its spelled wrong)

but yea i know several people who do it and i always thought it was pretty cool. so yea.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I studied Taekwondo when I was little and I have to say it was some really good times. I didn't want to stop but it is expensive. The college I go to offers it and I took one semester but it wasn't the same.

This thread has made me want to take it again though

I'm just me.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AstralMage01 View Post
    Good to hear that you want to learn Kung Fu,but I'm not pleased to hear about your situation
    You're still young so try as hard as you can to stop smoking & drinking;it's really bad habbit
    & you must know that learning Kung Fu alone isn't the way to get better
    eventhough it can straighten you up
    Don't kill yourself by these unusefull stuff;even if you don't feel that these stuff harm you,you'll feel the bad effects of it when you grow older
    I know someone who used to smoke before but he stoped,even that he stoped he until now suffers from bad effects of smoking
    anyway,hope you recover from your situation & become better & yeah! it's good to learn Kung Fu

There was this show in Nat Geo that i've seen so many times, it's about an ancient Kung Fu discipline...Really old masters are still healthy and are probably healthier than average joes in their peak years. Those masters kept talking about how they can possibly achieve immortality through their martial art...of course for me it's pure say-so...But yeah, they may not be as immortal as they think but they get to live longer and stay fit.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been doing martial arts since I was six...and will always love it since it plays a very important part in my hectic life...I currently have a black belt in Tang Soo Do which is a style that is more defensive than offensive, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, which is the complete opposite of Tang Soo Do and another black belt Jujitsu......I started because lets just say that some bullies decided it was fun to jump and beat the crap out of a little girl.and from then on it was history.......and now I am officially certified to teach martial arts..i would recommend this type of sport to anyone...it is excellent to building up your instinct and god forbid you find yourself in a situation where you are in need of defending yourself...you will be confident and not afraid to show them what you are made off....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast