1. inclined or disposed to war; warlike: The ancient Romans were a martial people.
2. of, suitable for, or associated with war or the armed forces: martial music.
3. characteristic of or befitting a warrior: a martial stride.
Martial Arts are generally macho macho activity. Women who are good at it are considered "amazons" and unwomanly.
1. the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
2. skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
3. skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.