View Poll Results: Meaningful conversations: Have you had one of late?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

24 85.71%
  • No.

3 10.71%
  • God, the things I would do to have one.

1 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meaningful Conversations

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Meaningful Conversations

Hello everyone,

Let me clarify first about somethings. By "meaningful", I mean meaningful to you, not to everyone.. And I am hinting to conversations that will be kept etched in remembrance for a long time. The conversations you are glad you had ~ Having said that, here is what I would like to ask you all: What is one of the most meaningful conversations you had with someone? That someone could be anyone: Parent, grandparent, friend, teacher/professor, stranger, or yourself (=P)? What subject was it on? And what did you get out of it? You could also talk about why that conversation is special for you. Or how it influenced you.

~ And to those who are/were in a relationship, do/did you and your lover engage in deep conversations? Done some soul-searching anyone? If so, what were the topics about?
    *points to the question within his signature*

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Meaningful Conversations

Quote Originally Posted by kedar View Post
    Hello everyone,

Let me clarify first about somethings. By "meaningful", I mean meaningful to you, not to everyone.. And I am hinting to conversations that will be kept etched in remembrance for a long time. The conversations you are glad you had ~ Having said that, here is what I would like to ask you all: What is one of the most meaningful conversations you had with someone? That someone could be anyone: Parent, grandparent, friend, teacher/professor, stranger, or yourself (=P)? What subject was it on? And what did you get out of it? You could also talk about why that conversation is special for you. Or how it influenced you.

~ And to those who are/were in a relationship, do/did you and your lover engage in deep conversations? Done some soul-searching anyone? If so, what were the topics about?
    *points to the question within his signature*
    YAAAY another great thread by Kedar, oh how I have missed them.

As to answer your questions. I do have long deep and meaningful conversations with a few people but that is to help they out and talk to them when they need someone to be there for them. I would feel bad if I didn't at least talk to people when they need someone to be there for them.

Although most of the long meaningful conversations tend to be about life and why is people do things without thinking and not understanding the result of their actions before hand. I find those to be most interesting. Even some of the most obvious answers to questions tend to be over looked. Yet, when someone tells them that maybe it is the simple answer is really what they are looking for, its the reaction to that statement that can be mean the most. Either its a reaction of thankfulness or shock. Human reactions just intrigue me I suppose.

Honestly, I have the most meaningful conversations with Solking. We have a lot really of long conversations about anything. It can be anything from talking about problems and things that trouble us to future plans, where maybe planning a wedding is something to consider. I suppose seeing as our relationship at the moment is mostly about talking to each other, it is almost a necessity to have long meaningful conversations to help show we are still loyal, trusting and loving. That we are not taking our relationship for granted.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

GREAT TOPIC, this gives me an excuse to look weak and mushy. I have had these, yes. Through them I find out that I'm actually wanted and cared for! =D (Shocking I know) Mine were with my friend Brianne, Angel, and my ex Jenn.

I'll start with Jenn, this was 3 years ago before me and her dated. Basically it was like an hour before we dated. I was horribly depressed, she just decided to hang out. SO blah, I went on my usual self-hatred. She went on how she cared for me, I said i cared for her (Really I was in head over heels in love with her, I still AM!). And finally she got very pissed at my negativity and just said "SHANE! SHUT THE **** UP! I ****ING LOVE YOU!" Cliche, sure but honestly means a lot. Not everyday someone yells that in an angry voice. Then me and her dated for two years...got into nothing fights :3 then broke up...

The next is Brianne. Now before her and I were best friends we dated, lasted 6 months. We realized "Hey...isn't working". Been best friends since. She's the girl I spill EVERYTHING too. Sadly she moved to Utah. x.X however one of the most memorial is when both her and I were depressed and she confessed how Despite that we aren't dating I am in a big place in her heart. Made me feel kind of good.

Angel...ehh, I'd talk about this but don't really wanna, so nvm. Butyeah, my meaningful conversations...x.X Unless there's more...maybe...I sometimes have a bad memory.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

The most meaningful conversation so far to me was when I was in Montana and I visited the American Indian Reservation and I actually got to talk to one of the Chiefs there. He called himself Black Hawk and i was so amazed and shocked that I actually got the chance to talk to such a person as himself. He talked about his family roots and how they date back to the 1650's and the traditions in his family and the cultures and then i got to meet his 10 sons who range from 5 to 32...and he showed me some of his works because he can make some amazing sculptures using only his hands. I was so fascinated to hear about him talking about his opinions of the modern world and how much American has changed and I actually got the chance to see one of the spiritual dances. i will never forget Black Hawk and his family. They will always stay in my heart.
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

This is a good one one of the meaningful conversations i had was with a child i regularly visit in one of the hospitals i am doing vounteer work. kinda eerie when you hear the word death from the lips of an eight year old who suffers from leukemia and the treatments are not working or the medications are just being given to lessen the pain. she asked me last week if I believed in God and in his method or reward and punishment. i told him well strongly yes. he told me that he has been reading on reincarnation and said i must have been pretty bad in my past life to be experiencing this kind of pain now. honestly i didn't know what else to tell him. i just ended up giving him a hug and told him that he is a good kid and i don't think God is punishing him.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Every time my friend Austin and I get together alone, we start talking about very metaphysical things. Last night, in fact, we talked about death, God, Satan, culpability, slavery, feminism, chivalry, and Russian literature. All in one hour.

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I have these often. I can't think of a specific example but i have a good friend i like to sit with and drink tea (i feel like such an old person doing that) and we talk about everything and anything. If someone were to hear our conversation they would think of it as nothing much, but to me these conversations keep my spirits up (even if they already are up ^_^)

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

they are fun to have because they can lead to anywere ^^ it is fun to talk and see were it got you it just like books you can read any of them and have fuuuuuuuuuun wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee (happy mood happy)
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast