+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meditation

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Meditation

Meditation. It seems like it's become a dying art. However there are many people who still practice it.

My question to you, the AO community, is:
    1. Do you meditate?
    2. Where do you meditate?
    3. Why do you meditate?

To answer my question, i do meditate. I've been starting to do it more recently due to my new job and college looming its ugly head.

I usually meditate in the shower. I feel I am as close to the cliched "under the waterfall" type of feeling. Plus, i'm naked. I feel more free at in touch with my inner self when i am, due to the fact i am not itchy nor am i hot or cold. I just am. I know that may sound strange, but for meditation purposes, nudity is a great way to focus your mind.

I meditate because of my Tourette's syndrome. My facial muscles tend to have spasms, and sometimes they are so severe they give me bad headaches. Meditation lets me focus on the sound of the water, and the feeling of the heat. It takes away my ability to twitch, and therefore lessens my headaches and also gives me a more peaceful outlook for the day.
    Why hello there!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meditation

I don't know if I'd call it a dying art, mainly because there have been many people recommended it to me plus I know of a few who practice it. I went to a seminar in first year ('how to survive Uni') That actually suggested meditation as a way to get on top of stress and my doctor told me the same. I actually tend to think the world is now shifting and 'coming back to' some traditional methods like meditation (well that's at least what I have observed).

Any who, yes I meditate. Maybe every second day, trying to get into a routine where it is everyday and as mentioned above, its to help cope with stress and so far it helps. I basically meditate any where, where its quiet. Which where I live, is basically only in the early morning when only the birds are up.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I do meditate. Almost everyday. I meditate on God's word. I always meditate at my room. ALONE. I can't concentrate with people around me, especially if I'm having my devotion. I meditate because 1) it's recquired in our church and 2) I want to learn more about God. He is my saviour after all. Also whenever I have problems meditatio with God is the best way to solve it.

And if you're thinking about the yoga-mediation, I do that too.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i dont meditate anymore but i loved it very much at one time
    when i did meditate i did it in the dark of my room at night
    and i did it to get rid of all my anger and crankyness .

with how i am busy with school and stuff now i cant find the time
    for it anymore wish i could though i need it badly
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

I meditate a little from time to time just to ground my self i guess you can say and to relax. Usually where or when ever the mood strikes me ill do a little meditation for 5 minutes or so.

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

I meditate. I usually do it morning when I'm home alone in my room or at 3-5 A.M (Some of you, can probably guess why). I meditate on usually the Sith Code:

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me."

I use each verse into my own interpretation of them. Othertimes, I just clear my mind and of course go into a VERY relaxed state feeling a oneness with everything.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Newbie Lestat Uchiha is off to a good start Lestat Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDeath90 View Post
    Meditation. It seems like it's become a dying art. However there are many people who still practice it.

My question to you, the AO community, is:
    1. Do you meditate?
    2. Where do you meditate?
    3. Why do you meditate?

To answer my question, i do meditate. I've been starting to do it more recently due to my new job and college looming its ugly head.

I usually meditate in the shower. I feel I am as close to the cliched "under the waterfall" type of feeling. with my inner self when i am, due to the fact i am not itchy nor am i hot or cold. I just am. I know that may sound strange, but for meditation purposes, nudity is a great way to focus your mind.

I meditate because of my Tourette's syndrome. My facial muscles tend to have spasms, and sometimes they are so severe they give me bad headaches. Meditation lets me focus on the sound of the water, and the feeling of the heat. It takes away my ability to twitch, and therefore lessens my headaches and also gives me a more peaceful outlook for the day.

yes, i totally meditate..and i do it in my bedroom w/ my headphones, or in the street. blaring car alarms and death calms me..
    i meditate to sort through all the racing ideas and immaturity in my head
    example:
    "Plus, i'm naked. I feel more free at in touch "
    (family guy laugh)

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

I like meditation. I usually meditate when it peaceful and quiet. It's always calming to do meditation when it's quiet.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast