+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: |Memory|-|Memories|

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow |Memory|-|Memories|

Memory:

Do you think we could live a better life without having the memories of our past. Don't you wish we could take some of our memories away? How important really is memory to us, besides that fact of us not wanting to loose it when we come of age. What I am asking is. What are some things about memories you wish you could change, and everything else on your views of Memories.

My memories are based off my feelings and smell.
    • One time my mother put on some perfume she hadn't worn since I was very litte. I was in shock that I had remembered the smell. Let alone the feeling I got with it. I remembered jumping on my parents bed and smelling it, and the hugs my mother gave me while she was wearing it. It all came back to my in a nutshell. It was beautiful. But I would have never thought of those Memories if it wasn't for her to attrach them.

The same goes with Anger. Everytime I get angry I feel teh rage of not just that event, but all the events that made me feel like this as well. I can mostly recall every angry moment I have ever had, and attack the person with it all. I know not a great story. But that's how my feelings work when it comes to my memories.
    • What I wish I could change about memories is the way they made me feel. It be more of a movie I am watching in my head instead of refeeling the feeling.

Second. I wish I could only remember the happy memories. I know that would be cutting up alot of holes in my relationships, with people. Because I wasn't always friends with my friends, but I just don't like thinking about the times when I could have actually killed them. Yes it's funny to laugh at with friends, but that feeling still did happen. And I wish It gone.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: |Memory|-|Memories|

A life with out memories: well, we'd be no better then cellular organisms with only basic instincts. We need our memories because thats how we learn.

As for only having Happy memories? Well, we'd be forever making the same mistakes or forever hurting ourselves because we won't remember, for example, how painful it is to touch a hot stove.

we need our memories, good or bad, to survive.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: |Memory|-|Memories|

I figure it was a learning experience, but I still wish it could be controled.

Thank You for posting.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think we could live a better life without having the memories of our past.
    A better life would depend on the situations given to us at that point on. Without our memories, we would have nothing to base our current decisions on except for instincts - depending what luck and help we would get at the present, it might just be better than the life we had when we had our memories.
    But it completely depends how much sucky our previous life was compared to our current non-memoried life.

In other words: Luck.

Without the idea of coincidences, help from others, and random decisions - all we'd have to run off of in an amnesiatic life is instincts - and that won't work well if we don't know where to start in the sophisticated life as a human being.

Don't you wish we could take some of our memories away?
    No...

I used to. I used to wish that a lot.
    I used to even pray about it, tears flowing down my eyes.

I didn't like my past. I didn't like who I was. I didn't like that who I was then made me who I was that day.

But as time went on, I kept learning from my past experiences and kept finding out how to better my situation. Instead of seeing myself as a failure, instead of trying to start with a new step, I just had to take a step back and correct my previous errors with what little I could do.
    Slowly, as the years passed on, I learned to forgive the stupidities I caused and became a better person on that regard.

If I never had those memories, I never would have strove to become a better person. And if I never did that, I'd be stuck in the same hellhole predicament of being a pathetic freak for the rest of my life.

As much as I dislike my embarrassing and annoying memories, and as much as they trouble me to this day, I prefer to live with them as a reminder as to what not to do.

How important really is memory to us, besides that fact of us not wanting to loose it when we come of age.
    Memory is extremely important to us. Why in the world would you want to get rid of it so bad if it weren't affecting you so much?
    If something affects you a lot, it is important to you.
    Whether you see it as good or bad, something that has a strong influence on your thoughts and actions will ALWAYS be important to you.

What I am asking is. What are some things about memories you wish you could change, and everything else on your views of Memories.
    Nothing.
    It's the same thing for going back through time to change my past - I wouldn't.
    It's true that it was hard to get here, it's true that there were many sucky moments. But if I never worked my way through it, I'd be as pathetic and undeserving as I was back then.

These questions of rewinding back, going back to a save point, restarting your life, removing memories, etc, it all leads to one thing: Can't we just have a good life?

It's a selfish and lazy thought no matter how hard your life is, was, and ever will be.

You have to live with your decisions, and the decisions made by others that matter most to you. If you want a good life, you have to earn it. To wish to just be zipped away to heaven is as selfish as wanting infinite money and to make anyone you wish fall in love with you.
    It's hard because we made it hard.
    It's tough because we made it tough.
    If we want our lives to be better, we have to wake up and see everything around us.

It's not just me. It's not just you.
    It's not just us.

We're all trying to have a good life, and because of that, all our plans are running into each other because we never considered each other.
    We all exist, so we are gonna' run into problems with each other. Your mom, My dad, His boss, Her husband, their wife, their dog, etc.

Memories are there as notes. Whether it tortures us to remember these things or seems utterly annoying, without them we can't create a better plan to make things go right.

We can't all be right.
    We can't all make the right decision right off the bat.
    Earn life. Don't just live it.

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

Bad memories can be traumatic. They, however, teach what is regrettable and therefore should not be repeated.

Memories of happy events however is precious since they are repeatable. Odd weird memories could prove useful in that they tie in with the present or future.

They count as experience that could if one is lucky could prove useful (like in trivia pursuit or a game show).

Having a photographic memory helps when studying for a test, memorizing spelling, math equations, license numbers, phone numbers, mug shots and valuable lessons in academia or marital arts, tai chi. Remembering names and faces helps socially and also helps people grasp intricate office politics.

We all have embarassing moments... but memories help us take account of what's happening, what's the score or who should pay the tab this time. They also serve as warning to all what should not happen again.

Memories are kept alive in tributes that show everyone how far we have come from the dawn of ape man to now.

If a memory feels bad... try imagining you are another person seeing yourself objectively and analyze the situation like a scientist would.. unbiasedly...where logic overrides emotion. If you learn to see yourself objectively you won't take yourself so personally but read the situation based on psychology and your environment and age.

If you learn to transcend yourself you'll find memories to be a useful resource.

Like Mufasa in the Lion King... remember.. remember Simba. If you forget yourself you will forget your ancestors. They live through you.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you think we could live a better life without having the memories of our past.
    Gah~ Memories is what makes us feel human. Why would you think that we can live a better life without having them? Sure, some memories of the past may still hurt us. But it's in the past. What happened in the past stays in the past.

The things that we did in the past makes us a better person. We made a bad decision before... we can change that again. By doing what we think is right.

Don't you wish we could take some of our memories away?
    Wait- your saying that we should regret things that we did on the past? Is that it?

Yeah. Sometimes I wish I could take some memories away. But that would make me feel incomplete without them. It may be a happy memory or a sad one, it's still part of me.

Besides, if I take some memories away from me, I wouldn't have anything to laugh at something silly in the near future.

How important really is memory to us, besides that fact of us not wanting to loose it when we come of age.
    How important is memory?

As important as your life. Memory makes us complete. It makes as human.

What are some things about memories you wish you could change, and everything else on your views of Memories.
    Nothing to change.

No regrets.

We're all trying to live a good life.

Memories are a part of having a good life.

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

My life would be so...empty without my memories. The feeling of warmth when I think of my parents. The warning prickles that remind me not to do something wrong...I couldn't live without them. I NEED my memories.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I absolutely could not live without my memories, good, bad, embarrassing, anything.

Because your expereinces and memories shape you into the person you are. Without them...I wouldn't be me, and I could never truely be me. Just a creature that never learns, and is not human.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast