+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Memory for Yours to Keep

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

A Memory for Yours to Keep

Dear members,

A recent encounter during my clinical rotation had me wondering. Long story short, I interacted with a late-stage Alzheimer's patient whose only supposed recollection of life is a certain something that she carpentered with her husband. It was truly inspiriting, witnessing her reveal fragments of her former self in the presence of her most treasured, living entity. Anyhow, just thought I would share what inspired me to pose the question that I am about to ask.

If you were to be rid of all your memories except one, what would that be? Do explain why you would preserve that particular memory over others that are enrooted in your memory collection. That memory could be a reference to yourself, someone else, an object, an emotion or feeling you experienced, etc.

Thanks for your consideration of this topic.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Memory for Yours to Keep

I would like to remember the time I first learned what love felt like, that it was real. It was my dad who showed it to me, and after that, everything just seemed to make more sense. It is that memory that I would like to preserve, so that I can not forget how being love felt, and by it, always know how to share that love with those who would accept it.

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

That's a very touching story, Kedar. Alzheimer's is really serious and watching someone go through it is heart breaking.

I haven't has this memory yet, but I think when I do I'll cherish it. Once I have kids ,my boyfriend (husband soon) and I raising them or us having a close family bond together, I'm sure that will become my most special memory.

click to show spoiler

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Otaku keitamoro is off to a good start keitamoro's Avatar
    Thanks

The memory that I would not get rid of would be the memory of friendship because I usually happen to share my feelings with someone that I look up to.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I think if I had to choose one memory to keep, it would be back when I was 12 and my best friend Nate and I would sit and draw comics together. That had to be one of the happiest times of my life. He was practically my only friend when I got in to middle school.

Newbie Japxican may be famous one day Japxican may be famous one day Japxican's Avatar
    Here, there, anywhere...kinda like eating green eggs and ham.
    Thanks

I would have to say Christmas time because it's one of the only times during the year when the whole family (all 11 of us) gets together.

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

The first time I was saved. It was a different feeling. A Happy one. It felt like a finally found the Light out of the tunnel, you know? I'm safe, well-protected and loved. It's really such a wonderful feeling. It's so... refreshing and peaceful.
    Wake Me With The Stars.

Otaku Basketball Champion Shippo101 has disabled reputation Shippo101's Avatar
    Thanks

A memory I’d like to keep is when I heard this voice of a guy I’m really into. Im a person that believes that the past is the past. It cant be changed nor should it be dwelled on. But his voice like struck a cord in my heart and I really wanna remember it at the risk losing everything else.

The first time on the phone he talked and like the bass in my heart was turned up. It was crazy! I want to remember his voice on the first night we spoke.
    Shippo is determined to become a lvl higher
    I'm a solider of Pen and Paper!
    <3 Atomik_Sprout <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast