+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mind-body Exercises

Newbie Elessa is off to a good start
    Thanks

Mind-body Exercises

Does anyone here practice meditation, yoga, tai-chi, or any other form of mind-body exercise on a daily or weekly basis? If you do, what about that practice that you enjoy the most? Have you noticed any changes or benefits from doing any one of them?

My mother has been a yoga teacher since she was 19 years old. Sadly, I can't say I had any appreciation for yoga or meditation until recently, a year ago to be exact, when I got thrown into the real-world, high-stress work environment. I started practicing yoga three times a week for a year now. Unquestionably, it has done me a world of good. I saw the greatness improvement in my posture. So much so that I had people at work compliment me about it. My breathing has gotten better, my body feels lighter and ultra flexible (it got my gymnastics coach practice yoga again), my mind's more focused and at ease with stress, my face feels more vibrant and peaceful than I once know it. I can literally go on and on.

Tidbit - Did anyone here knew that Rosie (a yoga instructor) in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cARFm9vjEk&feature=related) was once a member of animeonline? Shame on you if you didn't. =p If there is such a thing as a soul sister, she would definitely be mine. I haven't met a nicer person than her in my life, yet. Goes to show that one can be beautiful on the inside plus the outside. Excuse the randomness.

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mind-body Exercises

Ya I tried some of those . At first they were kind of boring but when it became a habit it was relaxing .I used to do yoganidra cause I had sleeping problems , still have but they're way lesser now .And I used to meditate to increase my concentration , for I have the attention span of a gnat . =)

+ Reply to Thread