+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: mixed flava

Newbie AriesFireAngel is off to a good start AriesFireAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: mixed flava

there is nothing wrong with the way you are growing up, in fact i would take my parents being proud of me any day over their trust in me as a teen lol i don't think i was really that bad. i wan't into drugs or any things. mandy just had issues ^_^ but i'm sure that didn't really make up for it. i can only imagine how stressful it must have been for my mother and father raising a daughter who was always pushing them away. but some how i made it ^_^ i graduated high school, all the while started dating a boy i never thought i would ever want to be with and low and behold i threw all future plans away fell madly and insanely in love got pregnant, got married, got a house and here i sit over 5 and a half years later in my house/shrine of anime and gaming with the man i love, a great kid, and my parents respect, pride and love
    damn my life sounds good right now! i just made myself feel awesome yay me!

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally understand. Sometimes kids dooes do something wrong, that parents may lose trust in them, but in the long run knowing they are proud of you makes up for it in a way. I was close to my mother, never knew my father so I couldn't say on that relationship. I'm only serious when I need to be, otherwise I'm very random =) I'm just takin life as it go along you know? Sometimes if you worry too much, a lot can pass you by, and I'm learning that the hard way. I'm still helping friends with problems, but now I am also helping myself. Your life does sound pretty rad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AriesFireAngel View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the way you are growing up, in fact i would take my parents being proud of me any day over their trust in me as a teen lol i don't think i was really that bad. i wan't into drugs or any things. mandy just had issues ^_^ but i'm sure that didn't really make up for it. i can only imagine how stressful it must have been for my mother and father raising a daughter who was always pushing them away. but some how i made it ^_^ i graduated high school, all the while started dating a boy i never thought i would ever want to be with and low and behold i threw all future plans away fell madly and insanely in love got pregnant, got married, got a house and here i sit over 5 and a half years later in my house/shrine of anime and gaming with the man i love, a great kid, and my parents respect, pride and love
    damn my life sounds good right now! i just made myself feel awesome yay me!

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avea Shadows View Post
    I totally understand. Sometimes kids dooes do something wrong, that parents may lose trust in them, but in the long run knowing they are proud of you makes up for it in a way. I was close to my mother, never knew my father so I couldn't say on that relationship. I'm only serious when I need to be, otherwise I'm very random =) I'm just takin life as it go along you know? Sometimes if you worry too much, a lot can pass you by, and I'm learning that the hard way. I'm still helping friends with problems, but now I am also helping myself. Your life does sound pretty rad!!!
    well avea you have it way more figured out then most kids your age lol. your right life can pass you by easily if you worry too much. sometimes its best to just sit back for a while and watch how every thing unfolds. ^_^

Thanks

Yeaa, I'm learning that now. I need to help myself more often. 10 years of only helping others really takes a toll ya know? Surprisingly, I am very mature for my age, yet immature at the same time. It's like a 50/50 thing. I understand situations quite well, and usually get both sides of the story. Thus it causes my friends to come to me for advice. Yet I will do anything to get my friends to smile, even if I had not smiled at all that day. Seeing friends smile, brings me into a better mood =) Yea..just takin life like a boatride in the river..Calm, yet rough..ya know?

well avea you have it way more figured out then most kids your age lol. your right life can pass you by easily if you worry too much. sometimes its best to just sit back for a while and watch how every thing unfolds. ^_^

Thanks

Yeaa, I'm learning that now. I need to help myself more often. 10 years of only helping others really takes a toll ya know? Surprisingly, I am very mature for my age, yet immature at the same time. It's like a 50/50 thing. I understand situations quite well, and usually get both sides of the story. Thus it causes my friends to come to me for advice. Yet I will do anything to get my friends to smile, even if I had not smiled at all that day. Seeing friends smile, brings me into a better mood =) Yea..just takin life like a boatride in the river..Calm, yet rough..ya know?
    i used to...well hell i guess my friends still come to me with problems wanting help lol i try all i can to make them laugh and forget about things that make them upset. occasionally though you meet some people in this world that you have to accept you can't help. a lot of my friends from school ended up that way. and other stopped trying to solve their own problems at all and constantly just threw them on me expecting me to fix every mess they got into. finally there is a point you get to when you can only stretch yourself so far trying to help every one that you realize your the one who needs help cause your crumbling under the pressure they have put on you. and sadly some of those people never change and you end up having to cut them out of your life completely because they only want you use you to fix their lives and at the same time never return the favor when you are in need of a helping hand you know?

Thanks

Yes! That is exactly how I am! I bend and twist refusing to help my problems, because their problems is first in my mind. In the end, it seems that I'm the one needing the most help out of all. Even though I deny it, people know, few help, others try to, but anyway I'm starting to open up more, so that I can be helped. Ya know? I was the one who has to help everyone. Absolutely everyone. A dear friend of mine told me you can not save everyone, and that I need to stop, and help myself every once in awhile. I come to him and a few others for help when I truely deeply need it. Friends are starting to understand that I am in need of help, and the true ones are helping me bit by bit. Like I said 10 years of neglecting my own problems, it piles up, ya know? People have a hard time accepting me, but when they do, they usually see what a good person I am. I accept all, well mostly all, but the ones who have judged me, I still see a bit of good in them. It's just who I am. But now I am also helping myself =)

i used to...well hell i guess my friends still come to me with problems wanting help lol i try all i can to make them laugh and forget about things that make them upset. occasionally though you meet some people in this world that you have to accept you can't help. a lot of my friends from school ended up that way. and other stopped trying to solve their own problems at all and constantly just threw them on me expecting me to fix every mess they got into. finally there is a point you get to when you can only stretch yourself so far trying to help every one that you realize your the one who needs help cause your crumbling under the pressure they have put on you. and sadly some of those people never change and you end up having to cut them out of your life completely because they only want you use you to fix their lives and at the same time never return the favor when you are in need of a helping hand you know?

Thanks

Yes! That is exactly how I am! I bend and twist refusing to help my problems, because their problems is first in my mind. In the end, it seems that I'm the one needing the most help out of all. Even though I deny it, people know, few help, others try to, but anyway I'm starting to open up more, so that I can be helped. Ya know? I was the one who has to help everyone. Absolutely everyone. A dear friend of mine told me you can not save everyone, and that I need to stop, and help myself every once in awhile. I come to him and a few others for help when I truely deeply need it. Friends are starting to understand that I am in need of help, and the true ones are helping me bit by bit. Like I said 10 years of neglecting my own problems, it piles up, ya know? People have a hard time accepting me, but when they do, they usually see what a good person I am. I accept all, well mostly all, but the ones who have judged me, I still see a bit of good in them. It's just who I am. But now I am also helping myself =)
    issues do pile up when you dont address them. i used to just keep it to myself thinking that i could handle it in time and that if no one knew then it wasn't really that big a deal. but eventually i would try so hard to handle every thing myself that i would lose control entirely and panic then do something drastic or irrational then i would get depressed and all in all i wouldn't really care what would happen to me. strangely enough the only thing that seemed to fix this constant cycle of stress, then depression, then hurting myself was when i found out i was pregnant. i knew after that i couldn't screw this up, i had to be open i had to talk and i couldn't let myself get to that point of wanting to hurt myself cause i was entirely responsible for another human beings life. unfortunately when it was all said and done and i finished weeding out the good friends from the bad ones who would not be their for me at all. i found i had only 1 good friend other then my husband lol but she has always been there and she stays on my case about things like talking about issues i'm having or stress or any thing. so i suppose 1 good friend is far more precious then 100 bad friends lol

Thanks

issues do pile up when you dont address them. i used to just keep it to myself thinking that i could handle it in time and that if no one knew then it wasn't really that big a deal. but eventually i would try so hard to handle every thing myself that i would lose control entirely and panic then do something drastic or irrational then i would get depressed and all in all i wouldn't really care what would happen to me. strangely enough the only thing that seemed to fix this constant cycle of stress, then depression, then hurting myself was when i found out i was pregnant. i knew after that i couldn't screw this up, i had to be open i had to talk and i couldn't let myself get to that point of wanting to hurt myself cause i was entirely responsible for another human beings life. unfortunately when it was all said and done and i finished weeding out the good friends from the bad ones who would not be their for me at all. i found i had only 1 good friend other then my husband lol but she has always been there and she stays on my case about things like talking about issues i'm having or stress or any thing. so i suppose 1 good friend is far more precious then 100 bad friends lol
    Yes having one true friend, is best than having 100 non true friends. Yea well when I get depressed I hide my sadness with music..I can sense the good fromt he bad, I still talk to the ones who have not really helped me out, but they are not as close as they once were. Sometimes having a few good close friends, is better than having hundreds of friends that you do not really know anything about. You know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast