+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Money for Blood Donation

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Money for Blood Donation

hello eveyone! a but of an unconventional question, but here we go!

i saw in the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" that the main character got paid for donating his blood. Now, i was wondering if this was still true (the movie was set in the 1980s, things can change) and where i could find facilities that do that (i live in the US, FYI)...

why am i asking this? pure and simple, i'm in college... the only thing i can really spare is blood...

thanks for the help!

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Money for Blood Donation

Some centers pay you for donation and some don't. For ones that do, it's usually around $15 to $30. There are a lot of blood/plasma donation centers located near colleges, and a lot in the Midwest. Try doing a google search for specifics and centers near you, as there are some restrictions to blood/plasma donation.
    Last edited by gren; Aug 28, 2007 at 06:31 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

that is a great idea! being a uni student.. I can see where you are coming from! But I don't think they have anything like that in Aust!

but then again..I would like the think that the fact that my blood saved a life would be enough incentive to give blood..^_^"

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    hello eveyone! a but of an unconventional question, but here we go!

i saw in the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" that the main character got paid for donating his blood. Now, i was wondering if this was still true (the movie was set in the 1980s, things can change) and where i could find facilities that do that (i live in the US, FYI)...

why am i asking this? pure and simple, i'm in college... the only thing i can really spare is blood...

thanks for the help!
    Donating Egg and/or Sperm will get you money for those text books, assuming you guys are healthy.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie fujesal is off to a good start fujesal's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were you I wouldn't do that though =p
    Don't wanna find 20 years later that you have a son and he needs money for college. super =P!

bii!!
    "act the way you want to be and soon you'll be the way you act"

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

hey there,
    well I don't know about the U.S but in S.A,
    not only do you not get paid for donating blood or plasma,
    but if you are in a serious injury you have to buy your own blood back.
    Can you imagine this, you are lying on the hospital bed and the account comes to you and you see that you are paying for your own blood, Its ridicules is it not?

Yay 50th post in a couple of days already

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Donating Egg and/or Sperm will get you money for those text books, assuming you guys are healthy.
    but then they can make an evil clone of your, or mass produce the evil clone into an army of cup'de ta throwing rioters....

lol actually i would need an incentive to give up my precious blood, so i say its a good idea. i may be selfish, but noons gettin my organs when i go either.....

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would you even want to do this, the low pay isn't worth it. If i donate blood it would be to help ppl. Just get a part time job, it pays better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast