+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Powerful Power In This World

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Most Powerful Power In This World

In your opinion what is the most powerful Power in this world?
    Fame-Money-Sex-Religion-Relationship-Woman-Love Or Gravity ,If You Have Some More Just Tell Us,and Why you think that?

Foolish beating

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Most Powerful Power In This World

I think telekinesis is the most powerful power, the power to do anything with your mind. However, I would want the power of invisibility, because you could learn so much about people, when they don't think your watching. Plus it would be easy to gather info, hide, trick and spy on people that way. And wow, that came out kind of stalkerish.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

in the real world, money, hands down. the term money makes the world go round is quite appropriate the way our society is constructed, so until our civilization ends it will continue to be the governing power of the world.

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

The human mind. Not only powerful, but also quite dangerous.
    It's the human mind, the creativity, the inventiveness, the way to solve problems that makes us "superior" to the rest of the population on this planet.
    The things we were able to do and will be able to do with just our human ingenuity are incredible, to say the least.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Woman power? That's pretty funny.
    I have a friend that thinks women have all the power here in America. Ha. yeah. So untrue.

I have always found communication to be quite powerful. I still think If I could chose a "Super Power".. I would be able to communicate with EVERYTHING. I would know every language. I would be able to communicate mathematically. I would communicate with plants and animals... With the living... and the dead.

Of the ones you have listed....
    Its gotta be somewhere between love... and money. I'm inclined to go with Dark and say money. Hell, you can get away with a lot just by having people THINK you have money.

Love however, has the power to be miraculous. REAL love.... that uncommon stuff. Love for oneself, is a great way to attract success (money).
    ... Not Ever Again...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Gravity, black holes completely devowers EVRYTHING!! Not even light can escape it or anything else for that matter. Also, black holes will be the last things around when the last star has fizzled out... Now if you are simply talking about here on Earth, that would have to be money. Money makes or breaks economies and even relationships (depending on the people) But of cores these are just the material aspects, other wise I would have to say love and devotion, because if they are strong enough they can over come anything, even economic hardship and other difficult moments in life... Except black holes.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I find love to be cliche answer Peach follows, because one could also argue that with money one opens up more opportunities to find that special love because you are capable of doing more and different things in life and society. I actually thought the woman one listed at the top was assuming too, but didn't say anything to avoid being labeled a sexist asshole, haha.

people have also brought up the mind and things with force like gravity which I think opens up the question to everyone and the thread starter: what definition of "power" are we using here? I mean comparing the literal, scientific term "power" and its more abstract meaning seems like an unbalanced argument.

Newbie Francis is off to a good start Francis's Avatar
    Thanks

The most powerful power?

If by "power" you mean not the sort we see in sci-fi flicks and read about in comic books, but real-life abilities - that is, the means to achieve anything your mind can conceive - I believe the human will trumps all the rest. Willpower is the bedrock which all other human "powers" rest upon - I dare say even the mother that causes all other powers to exist.

You might disagree with me at this point. Some of you might say that brute force, or if not, that knowledge brings about the greatest effect; others might argue for influence; and others still, the power of money. Yet I believe all these abilities and resources wouldn't amount to very much unless we possessed the will to put these, and much more, to good use. Otherwise, all the money, all the knowledge in the world would be as useful to us as a bicycle is to a fish.

Without a cast-iron will, Henry Ford never would have risen from poverty to found one of the most enduring automobile companies in the world. Neither would the Wright brothers take to the air, nor Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, had it not been for the ability to overcome the "impossible" starting with the will alone.

Yet history also tells us that the will can be used not only for good, but for evil as well. Remember Hitler? Does the name Joseph Stalin ring a bell? Saddam Hussein? Unfortunately, the trigger cannot tell whose finger squeezes it.

May we be prudent, therefore, in the exercise of willpower.
    If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Sig courtesy of kittypurrrrfect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast