+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Moving

Its these times when you have to pack up all your stuff an move on, you realize that you have way too much stuff. I am moving this weekend and I have only packed 2 boxes. So instead of packing everything, I think am just going to leave the stuff I don't want, then the new owners of the house can decide if they want my junk or not. Hahaha I think I need to stop buying stuff.

Have you ever left stuff behind when you moved, or have you found any good things when you moved into a new place?

Like I don't feel like disassembling my computer desk, then moving, then reassembling. Too much work, and I don't even like the thing. So I will probably leave it behind.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moving

Some landlords will simply come in after you leave and throw it all out. Some landlords will even not give you back your damage deposit because you caused them to actually do work by throwing stuff out.

Stuffs yours, take it with you.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

My landlord doesn't care, and we didn't pay a deposit so I have nothing to worry about. Besides I really hate my landlord for making me have too move and only giving me 2 weeks warning in advance! Well I just dislike her period. I doubt she cares though since she sold the house to someone.

Besides my roommate isn't taking his big old ugly couch, because he said it was here whenever he moved in.
    Last edited by Zev; Jul 31, 2009 at 11:35 AM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Its these times when you have to pack up all your stuff an move on, you realize that you have way too much stuff. I am moving this weekend and I have only packed 2 boxes. So instead of packing everything, I think am just going to leave the stuff I don't want, then the new owners of the house can decide if they want my junk or not. Hahaha I think I need to stop buying stuff.

Have you ever left stuff behind when you moved, or have you found any good things when you moved into a new place?

Like I don't feel like disassembling my computer desk, then moving, then reassembling. Too much work, and I don't even like the thing. So I will probably leave it behind.
    I hate moving. I HATE it.
    "packing" to me, usually means, put the useful needed stuff and your clothes in a bunch of trash bags. And throw everything else the hell away. Or just leave it. I've done that plenty of times.
    I've found some cool stuff when moving into a place before. At my last place we got a big ass bucket of paint,a vacuum cleaner, a broom and a dust pan to go with it. And even a pair of hair cuttin' clippers. Really nice ones.
    I left an ugly chair behind once, and I left a fake fire place another place. I don't plan on leaving anything but trash behind this time. I am packing to move AS WE SPEAK. (Ok not literally but I spent all day packing and will spend all evening moving.)

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

My moving has been like this:
    Illinois, Missouri, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado, Illinois
    So we always lose stuff on the moves, but you move on and buy it again or whatever. We've never purposely left stuff behind.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Moving can be a great opportunity to reorganise and do away with the crap you don't need. I'd never just leave my stuff for the next person though. I don't think it's polite. If I have the chance to meet the future owner I offer some of the stuff I'm not going to take with me. If he/she it declines then I throw it away or give it away to someone who wants/needs it.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

I have done that many times, in fact it is the norm in the military since people move around so much. I would try to sell what I could though, since I am greedy then leave teh rest of what you don't want.

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Moving. Uggggh Let me just say I love it as much as I hate it. lol Make sense? Well if you've moved a lot you'll know what I mean. The trip to the new place and buying things to decorate are always fun I love the road trips when you've packed the car and you're just following the road atlas to a new place. I've taken a bunch of great pictures because of my moves lol. But I hate the packing and sorting and deciding what I wont bring with me simply cuz there's no space. .... Usually wind up renting storage spaces ... what really sucks is when you've filled the storage space with stuff you didnt want to throw away and then forget the storage space and lose it all to the evil auctioneers lol >.< although I'll admit I cant remember what was in it anymore that I cared for so much .. well except for a corset I got for my 18th B-day. -cries-

ok ... New York -> Puerto Rico -> New York -> Florida -> Kansass -> New York -> Virginia -> New York -> Alabama .... no my family's not Military lol But I guess New York is our Home Base lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast