+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moving

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Moving can be a great opportunity to reorganise and do away with the crap you don't need. I'd never just leave my stuff for the next person though. I don't think it's polite. If I have the chance to meet the future owner I offer some of the stuff I'm not going to take with me. If he/she it declines then I throw it away or give it away to someone who wants/needs it.
    Yeah, you do make a good point. I might see about giving it away to someone who could use it.

Quote Originally Posted by bratling
    I hate moving. I HATE it.
    "packing" to me, usually means, put the useful needed stuff and your clothes in a bunch of trash bags. And throw everything else the hell away. Or just leave it. I've done that plenty of times.
    You are like my packing twin. I love my clothes however I always pack them in trash bags. Then I throw away a whole bunch of stuff, and think about all the money I have wasted.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

There is never a reason to leave stuff behind that is yours, donate it to Goodwill, they will come and get it in most cases and you can count the donation as a charitable one for tax purposes.

You get the tax benefit as well as knowing your stuff will be given to a place that furnishes those with needs.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Yeah, you do make a good point. I might see about giving it away to someone who could use it.

You are like my packing twin. I love my clothes however I always pack them in trash bags. Then I throw away a whole bunch of stuff, and think about all the money I have wasted.
    Haha. I love my clothes too but packing them any other way would cost too much. I have enough clothes to not have to wash them for between six and nine months and still have a few clean items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    There is never a reason to leave stuff behind that is yours, donate it to Goodwill, they will come and get it in most cases and you can count the donation as a charitable one for tax purposes.

You get the tax benefit as well as knowing your stuff will be given to a place that furnishes those with needs.
    I personally feel like if I am not getting my deposit back (Which I NEVER have, no matter how spic and span I have left the apartment.) That they should deal with that crap then. Yeah it may not be entirely appropriate but they always find an excuse to keep your deposit anyways. Not even my mother who has fixed every hole scrubbed Any little stain and cleaned the house up cleaner then when we moved into the place, has ever gotten a deposit back on an apartment. It might just be minnesota though lol.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah donating is always good for getting rid of stuff you don't want to throw away but don't want to bring with you. I almost never read a book twice and books are just too heavy and bulky when packing all your stuff in a car lol >.< So I donated a few hundred bucks work of books to my libray and got a reciept for next years taxes... hopefully that means I'll be getting some extra cash next Feb ^-^ Also they have those clothing drop off boxes ... we filled a few of those up. I'm just a pack rat and most of the stuff I get I dont use so whatever I havent worn in about a year goes in the trash when I move and even then I've still got BINS of clothes in the storage at NY it's expensive moving all that stuff across the country >.<

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Some of you guys will be happy to know I found some guy who lives in a junk yard who has offered to take all the stuff I don't want anymore and he is going to take it away and everything.

However my whole body still hurts and am not even half way done moving!

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I've done the same thing.
    I've moved around a lot in my lifetime, and a few times we just couldn't take everything, so we just left. I actually think that they didn't mind much considering that half the stuff I left could be sold for a lot of money.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Moving is something I look forward to. It gives the best change to finally say "bye bye" to my childhood toy's as I leave them at my parents house and I will only be packing the decent stuff that is worth having.

The only problem I found with moving was when I came back home after I graduated from University. I had a double sized bed room with plenty of room, yet at my parents house, I have a tiny box room. So all my stuff is jam packed into this tiny room till I move out.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie wolfleaf is off to a good start wolfleaf's Avatar
    Thanks

this will be my 4th move with in my life time. I have move all around chicago and i seen things that were left behine and things i had to let go from the move. but the this next move i slowly started moving out because i'm getting out of college soon. but any way when i got in my new apartment the was a puppy, a black lab and the landlord had no idea were it came from so i try calling the last owners but i can't fine them. so i deside to take in the new puppy^^

wolfleaf (the last of the fallen)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast