+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: my reason to live

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Red face Re: my reason to live

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    And you end up in hell.
    It's terrible that religious people do commit suicide too. I really don't know why God put me here, and I well may not find out till I'm at death's door, but I may as well do as much as I can while I still can. Which, though it doesn't very nice, involves converting non-believers. ^^
    O.k, I really don't know where I should start but I'm going to do my best (without writing a book). Yes, it is very sad that people (both religious & non-religious) commit suicide. I can also relate in the fact that I have absolutely no idea why God created me. What I "do" know is that he will tell you what he wants you to do if you place yourself in a position to listen. I feel as if I need to give a little detail as to what I mean. Yes, God is able to tell you (audibly) however I am 99.9% sure he will not tell you audibly, in fact I have only heard of one instance (outside of the bible) when God spoke to someone audibly and I am very skeptical about that one. What I mean by "he will tell you" is your spirit. If you have prayer time, be sure to give "him" time to speak. Remember, prayer is you communicating with God, so how could you communicate with him and not give him a chance to talk. (lol) don't worry, majority of believers just sit down, tell God what they want to tell him, say amen, get up and walk away without staying there in silence for him to say anything. Just try it, and don't forget to study the word of God. I strongly suggest that you don't read whole chapters at a time. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that but if you really want to dig deep you don't want to cover chapters at a time. If you really want to find out why you were created (your "purpose") just ask him, as you do these things (prayer, fellowship, & study of the word of God) he will tell you. It might be in 5min, an hour, a week, day, year, or 40 years; we don't know when he'll tell us. For all I know he could have told you 2min before I posted this. Just keep seeking and he "will" give you an answer. What's really important is the fact that you need to accept what he tells you. It may be something that you've never done or you might not even want to do it! Anywho, I said I didn't want to write a book (I think I did anyway, sorry for the lengthy post) so I guess I'll stop here. If you have any question's, comments, etc. Just p.m. me (or should I start a thread about these things...) regardless, just p.m. me and I will help as best I can. For those who are curious let me tell you all one thing about myself. I am definitely not Mr. Know it all. I am currently in a student who is getting a bachelors in Christian Theology. I have no intention's of being a pastor, evangelist, or anything like that (unless God tells me). I am only going for this major because I want to have a very strong relationship with God. I am in my second year (out of three) and everything I tell you is either straight out of the bible, or it's my opinion (which I "will" let you know) + what I've learned from the bible. Once I graduate, I will be attending Collins College to get my bachelors degree in Game Design. "This" is my "career major", the one I'm attending now is strictly for me, and anyone who needs . I hope this helps, talk to ya later!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: my reason to live

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    now now, we can't judge those who have decided to end their lives. All we can do is say why we want to continue our own lives. Don't worry about suicide, if someone is that depressed and has no reason to live, "other than love god", then he/she has the right to choose what they want to do with their lives. Sometimes loving the lord isn't enough, buuuuuuuuuuut, for me, I live right now to help my family. I could care less about my own life and goals, I put them first in importance under god of course, though I'm not too religious to begin with. So, when my time comes, if they are taken care of, then I can die with a smile on my face.
    Was this in reference to what i said? I wasnt judging. And not everyone believes in the whole, "live for god" thing. Im not religious at all. Im just saying that, everyone lives for themself in some way. If you look at it, living to help out family is a rightous goal, but you do so because it satisfies your own gratification of helping people. You do so because it either makes you feel better about yourself, or because you think its the right thing to do. But if you didnt do it, you would feel guilty correct? It would make you feel uncomfortable. Therefore, not wanting to feel uncomfortable, not wanting other people to look badly upon you, or, if your religious, wanting to do something that will be praised by god, you do these things to help you sleep at night.

That is still about self. And if you ask me, theres nothing wrong with living for yourself. Im not saying that I myself, or anyone on here, is a selfish person though. So dont get me wrong. But i think that there is nothing wrong with, if nothing else, living for yourself. Nothing at all.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gods_Dragon View Post
    O.k, I really don't know where I should start but I'm going to do my best (without writing a book). Yes, it is very sad that people (both religious & non-religious) commit suicide. I can also relate in the fact that I have absolutely no idea why God created me. What I "do" know is that he will tell you what he wants you to do if you place yourself in a position to listen. I feel as if I need to give a little detail as to what I mean. Yes, God is able to tell you (audibly) however I am 99.9% sure he will not tell you audibly, in fact I have only heard of one instance (outside of the bible) when God spoke to someone audibly and I am very skeptical about that one. What I mean by "he will tell you" is your spirit. If you have prayer time, be sure to give "him" time to speak. Remember, prayer is you communicating with God, so how could you communicate with him and not give him a chance to talk. (lol) don't worry, majority of believers just sit down, tell God what they want to tell him, say amen, get up and walk away without staying there in silence for him to say anything. Just try it, and don't forget to study the word of God. I strongly suggest that you don't read whole chapters at a time. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that but if you really want to dig deep you don't want to cover chapters at a time. If you really want to find out why you were created (your "purpose") just ask him, as you do these things (prayer, fellowship, & study of the word of God) he will tell you. It might be in 5min, an hour, a week, day, year, or 40 years; we don't know when he'll tell us. For all I know he could have told you 2min before I posted this. Just keep seeking and he "will" give you an answer. What's really important is the fact that you need to accept what he tells you. It may be something that you've never done or you might not even want to do it! Anywho, I said I didn't want to write a book (I think I did anyway, sorry for the lengthy post) so I guess I'll stop here. If you have any question's, comments, etc. Just p.m. me (or should I start a thread about these things...) regardless, just p.m. me and I will help as best I can. For those who are curious let me tell you all one thing about myself. I am definitely not Mr. Know it all. I am currently in a student who is getting a bachelors in Christian Theology. I have no intention's of being a pastor, evangelist, or anything like that (unless God tells me). I am only going for this major because I want to have a very strong relationship with God. I am in my second year (out of three) and everything I tell you is either straight out of the bible, or it's my opinion (which I "will" let you know) + what I've learned from the bible. Once I graduate, I will be attending Collins College to get my bachelors degree in Game Design. "This" is my "career major", the one I'm attending now is strictly for me, and anyone who needs . I hope this helps, talk to ya later!
    LOL, omigosh, I feel like I've just received an hour-long lesson on Bible study.

Errr, don't you worry, I'm not exactly lost or anything. ^^;; I just mean to say that I haven't exactly found my true calling yet. It's possible that He's been dropping hints, but then that just means that I haven't picked up those hints. Some people don't discover what they're meant to do till they're 50 or older, so I'll just be patient and TRY to be more attentive. But yeah, to sum it all up, I would like to live for God. I don't think my current lifestyle reflects that very well, but I'm trying. Haha. ^^;;

Banned serven_of_god may be famous one day serven_of_god may be famous one day serven_of_god's Avatar
    Thanks

MY reason to live is to do the stuff that god reguseted me to do:
    I want to live longer to be a fames cook.
    And to retire to be a FBI agent to save those i dont know and save those i do know very well.

Thats my reason to live. (im not feeling good)

Otaku Lotski is off to a good start
    Thanks

everybody has so deep reasons to live..
    wow, its amazing that we actually do have reasons..
    some dont have, they just want to live?
    hehehe, im not one of them.. I want my life worthy..

If you don't like me, it's mind over matter.
    I don't mind and you don't matter

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Everythin SWEET is my reason for live, special Sweet bowl beens! hi hi hi

Banned TumbleDry is off to a good start TumbleDry's Avatar
    Thanks

My reason to live

-Watching Emo kids kill them selfs
    -Then post it on the internets
    -????
    -PROFIT!

Otaku Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee may be famous one day Silvertoekee's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't always have to have a reason to live just being alive is cool to me.

And is there hell or even god? guess it depends on what you believe in or if u even care for the life after death stuff. Personally I am not worried about it at all and when we die we die meh. Wow Gods_Dragon that was the longest religious post ever sheesh.....hehe .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast