+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Myspace hit with online predator suits

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Myspace hit with online predator suits

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    myspace is a bad site to me, with all the other chat roomss including this but it's addictive. but it's all on how you use the website which makes it bad. those girls were dumb as hell ad they need to learn
    I agree with you there.

Don't get me wrong it was bad how they were lured in to be raped, but I think they freaking stupid to give there number out or mailing address.

Don't get me wrong I have given my PO box number out, but thats on the other side of town.

-_- I know people wish they could trust people online, but if I don't see them on webcam. My trust factor is lower very.

I mean cmon Myspace. I haven't seen so many stupid girls in my life. I don't know.

@_@ But how stupid you gotta be right?

BLAME those stupid parents for not watching there kids. If your childs going out meeting people online. Your a stupid parent. My mom would at least give me a [sunt] gun. Pepper Spray, and why the heck was she doing drugs drinking?

>.> ahh its those lonely depessed people getting raped, and with my luck they go hang themself for being so freaking foolish. >.> I wasn't online when I was 15. I was outside hanging with friends. Why is everyone online so young these days?

Anyway most of the people I talk to live far far away. Very far.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    myspace is a bad site to me, with all the other chat roomss including this but it's addictive. but it's all on how you use the website which makes it bad. those girls were dumb as hell ad they need to learn
    Sorry to use you as an example, princesslady, but I have to make one thing clear to everyone. There already exists a thread on myspace and whether or not it is bad. Now, this thread IS different from that thread, but we must stay on topic, otherwise, we'll have two duplicate threads on.

So, please try and stay on topic, that is, speak specifically to the issue of the lawsuits, like Ky-lyrra. If the discussions roams off to a certain topic like whether the parents are at fault, then that is fine. However, stay away from the "myspace is bad because..." posts. Moreover, I will talk to Miroku about closing the thread if it comes to that.

If you do think myspace is bad and have your opinions on why it is or not, then please post here:

http://www.animeonline.net/cyber-lou...ace-bad-5.html

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, because when a parent tells their kids not do do something they always listen and a teenager always tells their parents when they intend to go off and meet with someone the parents don't know.

Yeah, blame the parents. The kids aren't responsible at all. After all we all know that 14 and 15 year olds can't think for themselves.

Come on people, predators love that site. Groups from parents to educators have been asking them for years to do something about the situation. The question isn't whether it's the parents fault they have foolish teenagers but whether My Space has actually done enough on their part to remove their own culpability or are we looking at another case of someone suing a big company for all they can get.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

I do believe that it is a parent's responsibility to oversee what their kid is doing and where they are, however, sometimes it just isn't that simple. Sure, you know that your kid has friends and such but you're only limited by what he/she tells you.
    Example: That 19 year old who posed as a high school senior. What if your kid told you that he/she was a friend from school? Would you really think anything of it? Probably not.

Sure there are dangers and threats out there, and you should be involved with what your kid is doing, but more importantly, teaching a child the preventative measures is better than a "you can do this, but not this" kind of teaching. Something like a teach a man to fish kind of thing.

And if we do that, we wouldn't have to sue myspace. As for that aspect, suing has been America's culture and pride that is known across the world. I condone it and it mainly helps our system work. Without such outrageous lawsuits, would Mcdonald's have better menu choices or health info? Would we hear about MySpace assaults and do something about it? In the long-run its better to have the company partially responsible for such actions so it can turn into change for the better. (but I don't agree with the dollar amounts...)

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    Sorry to use you as an example, princesslady, but I have to make one thing clear to everyone. There already exists a thread on myspace and whether or not it is bad. Now, this thread IS different from that thread, but we must stay on topic, otherwise, we'll have two duplicate threads on.

So, please try and stay on topic, that is, speak specifically to the issue of the lawsuits, like Ky-lyrra. If the discussions roams off to a certain topic like whether the parents are at fault, then that is fine. However, stay away from the "myspace is bad because..." posts. Moreover, I will talk to Miroku about closing the thread if it comes to that.

If you do think myspace is bad and have your opinions on why it is or not, then please post here:

http://www.animeonline.net/cyber-lou...ace-bad-5.html
    silverskater is right this thread is mainly about the lawsuits, not a Is myspace bad discussion. Let keep it about that, i dont want my thread closed.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I really believe that if the parents would pay more attention to their childrens internet life there would have to be no lawsuits. How can parents try and sue a company when they didn't even try to stop it. Limit your childs use of the computer have them give you the passwords or have them set to a certain setting. I mean it's plain and simple.

Not Myspaces fault yet they still blame it for some reason: Myspace: Social Network or Social Headache for Parents

Craziness is just involved. Don't blame something and try and sue it when you don't take the time to prevent it.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Parents are to quick to blame everyone but themselves. It takes a rare parent these days to actually hold themselves accountable. It seems like there has been a culture of "Parental Ignorance" that has been prevalent since the bright idea of "TV is babysitter". Laziness due to technology.

But, on the subject of lawsuits, there's too many for too stupid reasons. Fat ppl suing McDonalds cause they ate too much of it( Fxcking fat ppl took away the Super Size Goddammit!), to shxt like this. Man, the only ppl who should be happy about this are lawyers.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Shichibukai JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie may be famous one day JefferyXie's Avatar
    Thanks

Myspace cannot be blamed for online predators.Its popularity lures those people to take advantage of those that are innocent.Though it is best to be cautious,that is easier said than done.People have ways to manipulate the innocent and thus,luring them to their dark standards.It is not just the parents' resonsibility but mainly the children's to ensure that they are not 'trapped'by these predators.If that cannot be done,then yes,simply restrict access by 'blocking'the site with those programs that protect computers or something like that.That way,safety can be maintained.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast