+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Myspace hit with online predator suits

Otaku Brent-Enix is off to a good start Brent-Enix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Myspace hit with online predator suits

All I can say is: ...Whoa...
    Kids should really be careful if they're using Myspace or any other site that are sure to be filled with men looking for...girls. But then again, parents should check on their kids once in a while (but, please, don't make them feel paranoid) and should talk to their children about these things. Plus, children shouldn't be scared to report abusive users (or at least block them). I'm sure that you can report users in MySpace.
    Also, kids shouldn't give out personal information or meet up with an unknown person. They shouldn't give their trust too easily.

mmhmm.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Myspace hit with online predator suits

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Well to me its the parents fault for not watching what their kids are doing. Also before i let my kid on, i would be on with them(At an early age), and teach them to be alert for the freaks out there. What to do and not to do. So when the reach these girls age, they will be smart enough not fall prey to these guys.

Hahahahah, this guy don't know much huh.
    Parents just need to teach kids some friggin' common sense.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

They need to teach them more then common sence they need to teach themselves how to be parents themself.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not neccessarisly the parents fault. Myspace was created FOR kids.

Here's the thing: we can keep kids out of adult sites by having credit card numbers on the sites because you can't have a credit card till you're 18..but here's the impossible, you can't keep the adults out of kid sites.

Newbie Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen may be famous one day Vampir3Omen's Avatar
    In the cold dark wasteland of eternity...
    Thanks

tsk tsk... ::shakes head:: People need to make themselves more aware to stuff like this. If you’re going to talk to people on the internet, MySpace or not, you never give them personal info and you NEVER meet up with them. No matter how nice the chap is.

It's the people you would least expect to be the bad guys in cases like these. They reel you in with their kindness and charm and then when they have you, they do as they please. Lady's and gentlemen, don’t fall for the false charm. No matter how real it seems.

Females tend to fall for this more easily then males because isn't that what all girls want, a charming, sweet guy who promises her the world and understands her. Someone who will listen to her and not just hear her? I think you get my point. Prince Charming.

<<Yearning...to walk with the living... and out of the cold dark wasteland of eternity...>>

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I should rephrase what I wrote in my post...
    I don't want to place blame on the parents or on the teens that were raped.
    What happened to them is terrible... I'm a rape victim, so I understand the pain they are going through.
    Blame cannot really be placed anywhere or on anyone. It's a combination of several things...
    The situation could have been prevented, yes. Can something be done to monitor MySpace better? I'm pretty sure.
    It's a matter of people to work together towards a common goal, and to stop blame shifting. ^_^

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    I think I should rephrase what I wrote in my post...
    I don't want to place blame on the parents or on the teens that were raped.
    What happened to them is terrible... I'm a rape victim, so I understand the pain they are going through.
    Blame cannot really be placed anywhere or on anyone. It's a combination of several things...
    The situation could have been prevented, yes. Can something be done to monitor MySpace better? I'm pretty sure.
    It's a matter of people to work together towards a common goal, and to stop blame shifting. ^_^
    Thank you. I am not sure it could have been prevented (teenagers have always and will always get in trouble on their own) but if we are to try we have to address each issue individually instead of just shifting the blame around. It's nice to see someone admit it for once.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Thank you. I am not sure it could have been prevented (teenagers have always and will always get in trouble on their own) but if we are to try we have to address each issue individually instead of just shifting the blame around. It's nice to see someone admit it for once.
    You are so right about teens...
    I remember how I was when I was a teenager! i did all kinds of stupid things... I'm lucky, however, to have parents that actually talked to me. And boy did they learn me a thing or two! lol

And I was thinking about the whole MySpace predator thing... And realized that the case at hand was about individuals. Not about MySpace. It's about families, and how they have to deal with their particular situations.
    I also thought about what I went through with my rape, and how I had to deal with it... A lot of people blamed my parents for it!! It was not their fault in anyway. So blaming the parents in this situation is wrong to do.

So I do recant my previous statements... I was trying to be a blame shifter!!
    Thanks, Arrianna! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast