+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Myspace hit with online predator suits

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Myspace hit with online predator suits

Yes but also we are not talking about normal rape we are talking about rape over a myspace account where the child talks to the person for a little while then gets raped because they gave out their information and how parents could have prevented it. If they had been watching what their children were doing then they could have stopped the rape from happening. They are blamming myspace unfairly when they themselves could have prevented it you know. The lawsuit is so stupid when they themselves didn't do anything to stop their child or even took the time to explain to them what to watch out for or how to talk to people and be careful not to give out their information. Yes it's not all the parents fault it's also the childs but why sue Myspace when it was their mistake. They are just finding a scapegoat to put all the blame on.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    Yes but also we are not talking about normal rape we are talking about rape over a myspace account where the child talks to the person for a little while then gets raped because they gave out their information and how parents could have prevented it. If they had been watching what their children were doing then they could have stopped the rape from happening. They are blamming myspace unfairly when they themselves could have prevented it you know. The lawsuit is so stupid when they themselves didn't do anything to stop their child or even took the time to explain to them what to watch out for or how to talk to people and be careful not to give out their information. Yes it's not all the parents fault it's also the childs but why sue Myspace when it was their mistake. They are just finding a scapegoat to put all the blame on.
    There is no "normal rape." Whether it's over the internet, physical, over the phone... Rape is rape. And it's ALWAYS devastating to the victim and the family. These girls will have scars that may not fully heal. They will have that ache every single day they wake up. Trust me... I know.

Should the parents have watched a little more closely? Sure.
    Again, you cannot place the blame on any one person/group of people.
    The parents most likely feel guilty... they may feel as though they weren't proctecting their child. The world is so big, and the number of child rapists is so daunting, that they chose the easiest and nearest target: MySpace. It is indeed the scape goat. That's why I said in my last post that shifting the blame is a bad idea... That means shifting the blame to anyone, even the parents. ^_^

To be honest, parents cannot be there all the time.
    I did some stupid things when I was a teen, and my folks couldn't be there 24/7. And until you have kids of your own, it's hard to judge. Because I know it has to be hard! ((I look back and the grief I gave my mama... OH BOY! And I wasn't even that bad! It has to be hard!)) ^_^

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spike'sRose View Post
    There is no "normal rape." Whether it's over the internet, physical, over the phone... Rape is rape. And it's ALWAYS devastating to the victim and the family. These girls will have scars that may not fully heal. They will have that ache every single day they wake up. Trust me... I know.

Should the parents have watched a little more closely? Sure.
    Again, you cannot place the blame on any one person/group of people.
    The parents most likely feel guilty... they may feel as though they weren't proctecting their child. The world is so big, and the number of child rapists is so daunting, that they chose the easiest and nearest target: MySpace. It is indeed the scape goat. That's why I said in my last post that shifting the blame is a bad idea... That means shifting the blame to anyone, even the parents. ^_^

To be honest, parents cannot be there all the time.
    I did some stupid things when I was a teen, and my folks couldn't be there 24/7. And until you have kids of your own, it's hard to judge. Because I know it has to be hard! ((I look back and the grief I gave my mama... OH BOY! And I wasn't even that bad! It has to be hard!)) ^_^
    I know that there is no normal rape and being a Rape victim also I was just saying that these children where giving out their information and the other people took advantage of it. I agreeing that the blame can not be shifted all to the parents so I was blaming the child to. I was saying that they should have protected themself alittle better then they did and this wouldn't have happened. I wasn't saying that their was a normal sort of rape I was just talking about in these kids cases they were talking to the people for a while then when they met they weren't who they said they were.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Newbie Deth JR may be famous one day Deth JR may be famous one day Deth JR's Avatar
    Thanks

If you do thigs right on my space nothing will happin.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

i am not concerned for my saftey, because my status is private and u have to add me onto friends before u can see it or even message me but l8ly myspace security is rele bad, ive hurt rumers about tom getting hacked and other people so this shows a weak spot, and also, ive seen a show wit 'Nancy Grace' on CNN, where they hire a guy to pretend to be 18, and talk to some kids and find 3 kids the most involved with him. later he exposes himself, and the parents talk to the kids. and what they find out is some sexual connection between people. the girls all have asked to be bf wit him and meet him somewhere, and also have given addresses and emails to him. for simple people its nuttin, but predators can use that to hurt u. so my advise is to:
    1. Never give out personal info to a person unless you have seen him/her in person
    2. Never meet someone online without telling someone of the date/time /place of the meeting

and since many people do not think about this, the predators are here

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

Newbie Deth JR may be famous one day Deth JR may be famous one day Deth JR's Avatar
    Thanks

It's the peoples own fault that that happined. to a certian point.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-lyrra View Post
    The lawsuit is so stupid when they themselves didn't do anything to stop their child or even took the time to explain to them what to watch out for or how to talk to people and be careful not to give out their information.
    How do you know that? You don't, you are assuming it. You assume that because the kids were raped that the parents didn't do anything. Are you saying that teenagers always listen to their parents? That they never hide what they are doing from them? Unless you can say that is true then you just don't know.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4