+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Are mythical stories true?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are mythical stories true?

I dunno. I've often heard the old saying, "All fiction is based from truth," but I usually just think about television and other forms of media (books included). But when it's a myth that's been handed down through out the ages, I find it hard to believe that a demigod could have existed among us, or that there are people who are 1/16 our size with wings and pointy ears, flying through the woods. Too many people have heard these tales and too many people have told different versions of the same myths. Take Greek mythology for example.

Nobody had any other belief in their gods or myths until the Romans took over and decided to emulate their beliefes and adopt them as their own. Same gods, different names and a few slight changes. The entire globe has it's own different versions of tales dealing with succubus/incubus encounters. We all have these tales of far off places and awe inspiring creatures, but no physical evidence to back it up. Merely hope and wonder. It's not a bad thing, but it's not real either--in my opinion.

Newbie squidie72 is off to a good start squidie72's Avatar
    Thanks

They say all myths are based in truth. To what extent who knows.

What parts are true. What do they really mean. What in the myth (or story) changed over time.

I suppose they are true, but what is it they really tell the story of?

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

myth simply means not-true ... people fears and imagined beasts or mistaken incidents and many other reasons created this flow of stories(creatures) in their minds .. and told the stories for other many reasons to the next generations and as it did get old it was called a legend or a myth at later times ....
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

i would say yes as they are based on somthing right, so there are some truth in any myths

Newbie xamina is off to a good start xamina's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Are mythical stories true?

I guess it depends on what people thinks and what are their perceptions..
    And it depends on your mood too... because sometimes if your in a good mood you would beleive on what you believe.. but if your not.. all your beliefs would fade away...

Newbie BellaBlack18 is off to a good start
    Thanks

i believe myths are just truths waiting to be proved and that also you dont have to see something to know or believe it exists
    *VampGirl ^,..,^*

Banned rainbows14 is off to a good start rainbows14's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think they are true.

Smart New Styles by Eva Gabor for 2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3