its so likely
    especially since they are hallucinagens

Sometimes I still dream of you, even though you were so cold
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=27434950

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: myths

Quote Originally Posted by Little negi sensei View Post
    Find me proof that people ate mushrooms back then.People backe then wouldn't eat patatoes(I dont feel like spelling>.<)Cause they thought that tey were the devils food and that they were poisnes
    People have been doing drugs since there have been communities of people. Tribes in africa chewed toxic bark and licked frogs. Shamans in all shaministic religions used to use all kinds of different "medicines" for the purpose of hallucinations. The native americans used payotie all the time ! That goes back more then 100 150 years ago. What about chasing the dragon in victorian europe and china and india earlier then that? Opium is a hallucanigin. theres a HUGE history of drug use for different purposes throughout history, especially in the religious sector.

Newbie Eichiro is off to a good start Eichiro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    do you believe that some myths could be real. think of it, there like hundreds of myths like vampires, warlock, loch ness, bigfoot and many other mythicals creatures and stories about people and places. they must start from somewhere so some myths could be real.

do you believe in some of the stories, i do but not all the stories
    i believe in stories like mermaids and all that and just like wat Lasura said, without wonder and curiosity this world would be in complete darkness.......and i like to be scared by myths but right after that i'm full of wonder....wonder and curiosity only drives people to great lengths.....

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    People have been doing drugs since there have been communities of people. Tribes in africa chewed toxic bark and licked frogs. Shamans in all shaministic religions used to use all kinds of different "medicines" for the purpose of hallucinations. The native americans used payotie all the time ! That goes back more then 100 150 years ago. What about chasing the dragon in victorian europe and china and india earlier then that? Opium is a hallucanigin. theres a HUGE history of drug use for different purposes throughout history, especially in the religious sector.
    Oh.Hmmmmm.You took all the logic out of my post.But i do believe that myths are real.Most of them anyway.You just can have so many details from i-witness accounts.

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally...I believe in vampires, werewolves, the lochness monster, witches, ghosts, and pretty much any other myth you can think of. I know that sounds crazy..but oh well. Life is boring like Lasura said. We need some sort of excitement in this world, but that doesn't mean that's all myths are.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Master_badger may be famous one day Master_badger may be famous one day
    Thanks

It's a hard question. You cannot believe in myths but you don't have the security of the myths byselfs don't are lies. You can believe but don't have the security of the myth are truth. I explain myself? Believe or not, is only a personal question. If you don't believe ok, live in the world without emotion about the unknow. If you believe is ok too, you live with the sensation of the unknow things and the hope of someday you will meet some strange creature.
    "Knowledge is power"

Newbie fujesal is off to a good start fujesal's Avatar
    Thanks

Some myths are true, and some are a bunch of balony, the thing is you can't tell them apart. They are all similar.I can't tell em apart. lol. It would be nice to know that I could one day be a werewolf lol. It's cool, but very hairy!! I think i'd much rather be a vampire. lol
    "act the way you want to be and soon you'll be the way you act"

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

i think some myths are true and some are wrong ,it depends on which ,however i don't think that would be there any myth stories if there wasn't any strange creatures ,phenomena or events that happened in the past and the people that were living at that time just couldn't understand or explain it
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast