+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nerd????

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: nerd????

well it is by the person... (nice spelling) its just a "word" so its not that important... why do we have words they are just anoying... I think that most people could and would call me a "nerd" DnD and those other things are still fun... But do you really think that a "nerd" needs to be really smart... well thats what I think and it can or cann't affect you... o well...
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I always thought there was a difference between geek and nerd. Geek being those who rant about the Lord of the Rings books being better than the movie(Well..they were!), Star Wars, D&D, niche video games, etc., and nerd being more focused on academic endeaverers(That is so not a word..), people who love them some computers, Calculus, Physics, and so forth.

I think it's supposed to be derrogatory, but I'm not sure how...

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question Re: nerd????

Nerd (as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary)

nerd/nerd/ n. (also nurd) esp. US sl. a foolish, feeble, or uninteresting person.
    nerdy adj. [20th c.: orig. uncert] see JERK n.4

Rather a differant explantion of what is commonly accepted. Geek is a much more suitable word.

The fact that I took the time to find and share this with you must mean that I'm a Geek/nerd.

ROCK ON!
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I always thought there was a difference between geek and nerd. Geek being those who rant about the Lord of the Rings books being better than the movie(Well..they were!), Star Wars, D&D, niche video games, etc., and nerd being more focused on academic endeaverers(That is so not a word..), people who love them some computers, Calculus, Physics, and so forth.

I think it's supposed to be derrogatory, but I'm not sure how...
    In modern colloquial terms, it is switched. Geeks deal with latter; nerds deal with the former.

(By the way, the Lord of the Rings books were better than the movies.)

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Okay thanks for the post and to me the lord of the rings books were super long and boring to read so i think the movies were better.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post
    In modern colloquial terms, it is switched. Geeks deal with latter; nerds deal with the former.

(By the way, the Lord of the Rings books were better than the movies.)
    i agree with this the books are better and the books were so good it started the reading population tolearn elvish
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

the books were good but the movie was a visual helper (good battles) >.< anyways a word is a word... To think that there is so many groups of people it is horrid...
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess what ppl see as a nerd is someone who is everything but a prep. That sums it up pretty nice. Ppl also think nerds are ppl who have hobbies that are not "cool" or are book worms, cuz we all know being smart isn't "cool". aha but if people call you nerd don't let that put you down! that goes for everyone ^_^ u are who u are and be proud of it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast