+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: nerd????

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: nerd????

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGeek View Post
    I guess what ppl see as a nerd is someone who is everything but a prep. That sums it up pretty nice. Ppl also think nerds are ppl who have hobbies that are not "cool" or are book worms, cuz we all know being smart isn't "cool". aha but if people call you nerd don't let that put you down! that goes for everyone ^_^ u are who u are and be proud of it!
    nicely put ^.^ its a little funny (a little bit) but most people like books... I mean not all people like them so much that they are reading them any free time that they get... And also most people do not have alot of time to do these chat rooms... >.<
    death and life are one and the same

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its mainly someone who sits in front of a computer all day and plays video games non stop without getting a taste of real life, like playing sports or doing some outdoor stuff, or going some where with friends. Also maybe someone who dresses real geeky like and wears those big square glasses with the tape in the middle.lol

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

i guess i cant apport anything else, but i think a nerd is some one who isnt another sheep( i wanna give more dignity to the nerds lol). Someone who doesnt like the foolish and "exciting" things. i watch 'Scared' and i wanna know: why are there so stupid ppl jumping in skateboard, over the edge of death and saying proudly: I am that one?
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

he he... I used to be called a "nerd" when I was in school... (through elementary to Senior High) *sight* it wasn't realy fun though. the thing that bothered me the most wasn't the nickname, but the fact that the same people that made fun of me where who later on (in finals most of the time) asked for help so they wouldn't fail the tests and the year....
    However I wasn't an ordinary "nerd".... they called me nerd just 'cos I read and studied... but I also went to parties *remembers* OH GOOOD TIMES!!!!!! I wasn't introverted at all, I also planned pranks and stuff... but oh well... some people think that 'cos one likes to study one doesn't like to have fun...

IN times actually I liked that concept people had about me... it was a great cover up... lol :evil:
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

We could define a nerd by either:1-a stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
    And unattractive person is what you can concentrate on
    or 2-an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit.
    & definiton no.2 is what people usually mean
    anyway there isn't a great difference between a geek & a nerd;for the geek could be define as: a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, esp. one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.
    As you see the difference about geek & nerd is only that the geek is peculiar!

Quote Originally Posted by divine_punishment View Post

(By the way, the Lord of the Rings books were better than the movies.)
    lol
    as you say Lord of the Rings books were better than the movie:I think that this is partially right(eventhough it's long & could be borring),but for me I like the movie,it isn't that bad,& also HarryPotter's books are for me better than the movie
    Why's that?
    the reason is I don't like HarryPotter! & I dislike the movie!;for it has lack of action or whatever,& I don't like the books too though!

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

All this name branding and name calling for nerds is sad. I was called one when i was younger all because i didn't want to cause trouble at home and wanted to make sure my folks were proud of the grades i brought home. funny thing there the people who made fun of me where the first ones to ask me for help tutorials and sate beside me during exams. one of them even sent my mom a box of brownies just to be able to come to the house and ask for help with homework.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by girlicious View Post
    some people call me other people nerd but wat is a nerd is it wearing to skool rather than contacts or reading when a teacher tells u to so wat does define a nerd i just wanna noe
    In my school nerd is often use to reffer to a clever much stronger in the mind person than the person calling them a nerd, the only thing they lack is self power. like Phyciality power. Because they are cleverer they often get reffered to Nerd which i belive most of the time comes out the mouth of a jealouse person, unfortunatley i have never been called a nerd so know one is jealouse of me i perfer it eitherways. Thats my belifes anyways...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3