+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: this is not going as planned!

Newbie dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6 may be famous one day dantay6's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: this is not going as planned!

heya all

seems most peoples proms fail

my prom was meant to be really good and i spent way!!!!!!!!!!!!! to much on it.

so first our limo's were hour late, soo when we got there all the food was gone :'( so first bad start to night.
    next spent whole night stopping mates getting into fights for stupid reasons.

so that sorta ruined everything for me

Otaku SadisticCharm is off to a good start
    Thanks

XP I havent gone to prom yet so...hopefully it wont be a fail, but now im having my doubts!

Just the other day something didnt go as planned! >.<
    Me and my friend wanted to talk to this guy and we tried finding stuff out about him so we have some idea of what to say and to not have an awkward silence. XP
    My friend asked her brother about him (since he seems to know everyone) and he said that he knew him and gave us his name and all this info for us to talk about.
    So we wait a few days to work up the courage to talk to him and when we do it went like this.
    My friend goes up and talks to him, "Hey whats your name."
    He replies "Steve." <---(We thought it was something else. XDDD)

Sooo, her borther gave us the wrong name and info about this dude and it was a total disaster because we didnt know what to say after, "Steve." XD
    "You think you know me...? You have no idea."

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticCharm View Post
    Sooo, her borther gave us the wrong name and info about this dude and it was a total disaster because we didnt know what to say after, "Steve." XD
    Lol, sorry that made me laugh. The same thing happened to my friend only she spent months trying to figure out things about the guy && well she got his name right at least. XD

Everybody that posted a prom experience made me realize proms in general doesn't go as planned. Lol, I think the best solution for them is to not really plan it out. Get the dress (also the other stuff ) or tux, the limo, & make it as simple as possible. xD

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Otaku zangetsu412 is off to a good start zangetsu412's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah. When I was trying to sneak down to my fridge at night I thought that my parents were asleep and wouldn't know. They were watching Tv.>lol

Otaku lapislazuli is off to a good start lapislazuli's Avatar
    48° 07' – 48° 19' N 16° 11' – 16° 34' E or short: behind you.
    Thanks

I think that every second test or paper I had to write this last year.
    Seriously, my planning is kinda wrong. And I'm too lazy sometimes, I have to admit that I guess.
    Two days or sometimes the day before I realize I haven't done a single thing for it. It's not that this would be a problem since I'm doing my stuff in school, but the general bad conscience still is there.
    Lucky it's over this year, I don't know how long I'd be able to keep that up.
    You are now breathing manually. :P

E&OE;

Otaku zangetsu412 is off to a good start zangetsu412's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapislazuli View Post
    I think that every second test or paper I had to write this last year.
    Seriously, my planning is kinda wrong. And I'm too lazy sometimes, I have to admit that I guess.
    Two days or sometimes the day before I realize I haven't done a single thing for it. It's not that this would be a problem since I'm doing my stuff in school, but the general bad conscience still is there.
    Lucky it's over this year, I don't know how long I'd be able to keep that up.
    Well just think that theres nothing wrong and maybe keep a tracker.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I am an example of this. I set out a list of things I wanted to accomplish in four years and because of life and things getting in the way I have not achieved any of them. I feel bad sometimes but it teaches you to stay open to change and variables. But still I do feel like four years of life is just gone.

Newbie Xanosuke2 is off to a good start Xanosuke2's Avatar
    Thanks

From my experiences, anything that get's carefully planned typically gets turned into a disaster. It isn't really something you can prevent because the more time and effort you put into it the more likely it is to come crashing down, and the more that is put into it the hard it comes crashing down. It's always the laid back, no worry planning that really makes it through. Even when something does go wrong it isn't as bad because you didn't really planned or sat and thought "Boy this would suck if this or that happened," so naturally when something does go bad it isn't really a big deal.

Just like with prom's and such, I've had horrible ones because I'd put so much effort into it that I'll worry the entire time of it going horrible wrong, and guess what, it does when that's all I'm thinking about. But the last one I went to wasn't horrible because I didn't care. I bought my tux, didn't really have a date I had any emotional feelings toward, grabbed a bunch of friends and just went out. Didn't really do much other than go dance and grab a bit to eat, but atleast I can say nothing bad happened because I didn't plan much out.

As lazy, and reckless as that seems it works from time to time. I've planned out many things I'd want to do in life, or just for the weekend and it'd go perfectly, and other times it'd go wrong. It's just something that affects you more the more time you put into worrying about it. The less time you spend pondering over trivial things like, "I wonder if people will like the food at my wedding?" and more time on, "Do we have food?" the less likely the results of people not liking it would affect you, or better yet if they loved it you can go away knowing you atleast had food for them they liked without spending so much time wondering if it's acceptable.

Erasing my past one bad memory at a time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2