+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Number 23 Phenomenon

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Number 23 Phenomneon

And also some dates and years were added to get number 23, which might mean that the person was looking different combinations to get number 23. True, I do believe there are many more incidents involving numbers other than 23, let's say for example....
    Mother Teresa died on September 5, 1997.
    1+9+9+7 = 26

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

That is insuffeciat data for this. 26 doestn have as many odd happenings as 23 especially the small things. i mean its just scary how almost everything adds up to 23 like the alphabets are numbers. so add your name then divide by how many letters are in your name what number do you get
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Besides the atomic bomb, none of the events you listed are or likely will be historically significant. Perhaps if important, significant events shared this it would be reasonable, but tens of thousands of events on scale with Mother Teresa and the WTC have happened thus far, I'm sure if you take the dates of all these you'll find 23 comes up just about as often as other numbers.

Lets try this with important events. What is an important event? Something that in 100 years history books will have more than a blub on. WTC will not be one of these, mother Teresa even less so.

To start things off, how about Martin Luther's 95 thesis which sparked the reformation and shattered the power of the catholic church, created countless clones of Roman Catholicism (Calvinism, Protestantism, Lutheranism, ect.) and was the cause of several wars and even more strife including the Spanish Inquisition (and it's Dutch counterpart)

Significant? Certainly so. This occured at the 31st of October, 1517, lets see if we can twist these numbers to make 23.

1+0+3+1+1+5+1+7=19

10+31+1+5+1+7=55

95-55=40

(10+31)-(15+17)=9

(10+31)-(1+5+1+7)=27

While there are other combinations, it doesn't look like this is going anywhere.

How about the 100 years war? That was certainly a big event. Before WWI the "100 years war" was THE war in England and France's eyes. Everyone knew about it even though it happened back in the 14th century, stories were told by parents to children on down the family tree. Especially in France, stories of the famous "Joan of Arc" are still told.

It started in 1337 and lasted 116 years until 1453. Exact start and end dates are debated, though the years are known.

1+3+3+7=14
    1+4+5+3=13
    1+3+3+7+1+4+5+3=27
    1+3+3+7+1+4+5+3-1-1-6=19
    1+3+3+7+1+1+6=22
    1+4+5+3+1+1+6=21

There are dozens of numbers regarding this war and the only one I have found to support your view is the the first phase of the 100 years war lasted 23 years, neither of the other phases did, however. I'm not going to bother going into the dates of the births/deaths/reigns of the monarches of Britian and France during this time since that would just be silly, besides both countries went through leaders like a deck of cards (France moreso than England however, due to Edward III's 50 year sitting on the English throne)

And quickly, 30 years war:

1618-1648

1+6+1+8=16
    1+6+4+8=19

16+48=64
    16+18=34

64-34=30 (obviously)

Not quite sure where else I could go with that.

One of the first things you learn when taking any course on experimentation or experimental design is that correlation does not imply causation

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frr_Vegeta View Post
    Besides the atomic bomb, none of the events you listed are or likely will be historically significant. Perhaps if important, significant events shared this it would be reasonable, but tens of thousands of events on scale with Mother Teresa and the WTC have happened thus far, I'm sure if you take the dates of all these you'll find 23 comes up just about as often as other numbers.

Lets try this with important events. What is an important event? Something that in 100 years history books will have more than a blub on. WTC will not be one of these, mother Teresa even less so.

To start things off, how about Martin Luther's 95 thesis which sparked the reformation and shattered the power of the catholic church, created countless clones of Roman Catholicism (Calvinism, Protestantism, Lutheranism, ect.) and was the cause of several wars and even more strife including the Spanish Inquisition (and it's Dutch counterpart)

Significant? Certainly so. This occured at the 31st of October, 1517, lets see if we can twist these numbers to make 23.

1+0+3+1+1+5+1+7=19

10+31+1+5+1+7=55

95-55=40

(10+31)-(15+17)=9

(10+31)-(1+5+1+7)=27

While there are other combinations, it doesn't look like this is going anywhere.

How about the 100 years war? That was certainly a big event. Before WWI the "100 years war" was THE war in England and France's eyes. Everyone knew about it even though it happened back in the 14th century, stories were told by parents to children on down the family tree. Especially in France, stories of the famous "Joan of Arc" are still told.

It started in 1337 and lasted 116 years until 1453. Exact start and end dates are debated, though the years are known.

1+3+3+7=14
    1+4+5+3=13
    1+3+3+7+1+4+5+3=27
    1+3+3+7+1+4+5+3-1-1-6=19
    1+3+3+7+1+1+6=22
    1+4+5+3+1+1+6=21

There are dozens of numbers regarding this war and the only one I have found to support your view is the the first phase of the 100 years war lasted 23 years, neither of the other phases did, however. I'm not going to bother going into the dates of the births/deaths/reigns of the monarches of Britian and France during this time since that would just be silly, besides both countries went through leaders like a deck of cards (France moreso than England however, due to Edward III's 50 year sitting on the English throne)

And quickly, 30 years war:

1618-1648

1+6+1+8=16
    1+6+4+8=19

16+48=64
    16+18=34

64-34=30 (obviously)

Not quite sure where else I could go with that.

One of the first things you learn when taking any course on experimentation or experimental design is that correlation does not imply causation
    Damn...
    Mr. Vegeta has time to spare doesn't he?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: The Number 23 Phenomenon

OH great another end of the world date... meeeen... it is time to decide...... I need to be prepared... and I cannot do that if the dates are changing so often.....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Re: The Number 23 Phenomenon

Hmm according to my religion.. the doomsday are foretold to be on a friday..
    friday is on the fifth day right of the week...

2+3=5... my my..

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Number 23 Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    First before we start this you all have to watch these for me so u understand

YouTube - The Number 23 Enigma YouTube - Jim Carrey on The Number 23 Enigma

the number 23 ads up to alot let me explain there has been something called the Number 23 Eningma and many of the events in history invloved the number 23 the Mayans believe the World Would END on Dec.23,2012
    Day = 23Year = 2012
    20+1+2= 23
    END = 5+14+4=23
    the world spins on a axis of 23.5 however you could say the 5 is just 2+3 which is in itself 23

2/3=.666 the curse of the devil

the hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8:15 AM 8+15=23the twin towweres for example 9+11+2+0+0+1=23...listen to this one the letter W is the 23rd letter in the alphabetit has 2 points down and 3 points up now look at your keyboardand look at what number is above the letter W.... 23

im sure i sound like a total freak right now but alot still isnt known about ........23 and i want to discover more

the movie wasnt that great. all those things are just coincidences. as you can see there are very few things the number 23 is significant with.

EDIT: that movie sucked.

EDIT2: it started out good but got progressively worse. the ending was too drawn out. it was a shock, but then they went to describe it in detail for the next 30 min.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: The Number 23 Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by RayMe View Post
    Hmm according to my religion.. the doomsday are foretold to be on a friday..
    friday is on the fifth day right of the week...

2+3=5... my my..
    *sarcasm* So is it a friday??? meeeen that doom day will have to wait til my piano lesson finishes then.... By the way, which friday? *sarcasm*
    I am not surprised or attracted by the movie or by what it said... it was a waste of my time and money... it sucked
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast