Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Obama assasination attempt

Newbie Hellokittynympho is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Obama assasination attempt

Wow. Okay, this is my first time here and I had to say something. I understand the point of view here on both sides of the argument, but I understand where princesslady and peach, brat, and the sprout man are coming from.

I am Nigerian and Mexican (weird combination) and I find myself in the same mindset as princesslady sometimes. I do feel that some bi-racial people have it a bit easier than us darker ones. On the other hand, I don't think that they don't suffer from discrimination either. It is a tough argument to back up

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

This has gotten pretty far off topic and the way its turning can end super bad, I hope you all know that.

There are many things I'd like to say about most of what's written above, but I won't. It's ridiculous when you have to argue facts against make-believe so I'll just address the points I found most interesting.

First off, light skinned people are obviously not black, a simple truth of reality but apparently every person descended from the color black; the Vietnamese folks here don't have it that rough. Though there is one really big racial slur (or maybe it's just a racial comment) but it could be taken as a compliment. It's along the lines of 'I wish I was Asian so I could blow things up with my mind,' y'know, 'cause Asian kids get great grades. Also, take that however you want.

The only group of people who see intense discrimination in my city are Indians, aboriginals, and the only reason they see such open-knowledge hate is because there is quite a number of homeless Natives Downtown and around. But I've talked with them and they're nice people, they tell you to watch out for crazy people and one guy even told me how to get back to Osbourne Village after I got lost. They're good people who've seen some bad times because they are judged by EVERYONE in the city, there's zero prejudice there.

I really don't want John McCaine (or whoever) to win and I had thought that the running was between Clinton and Obama but then hey, this guy puts out like, one add and everyone suddenly know his name. It would have been nice if Clinton won and followed through with her capital medicine ploy; as I understood it, she was a real solid lady before she got bribed and slipped into that side of politics, or so I think.

It would have been nice to have one of my American friends say to 'I just broke my leg and the bill was zero.' Not $3000.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I still hope Obama wins. Mc Cain is so frickin old...and clueless. There's always going to be some dumb-ass racists out there. I don't hate all while people I just hate the racist ones. The KKK should get shot.

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hellokittynympho View Post
    Wow. Okay, this is my first time here and I had to say something. I understand the point of view here on both sides of the argument, but I understand where princesslady and peach, brat, and the sprout man are coming from.

I am Nigerian and Mexican (weird combination) and I find myself in the same mindset as princesslady sometimes. I do feel that some bi-racial people have it a bit easier than us darker ones. On the other hand, I don't think that they don't suffer from discrimination either. It is a tough argument to back up
    No. You, not knowing EVERYTHING we go through. All the insults and discrimination and flat out racism from BOTH sides. Not only do we get black racial slurs thrown at us but white ones too mind you. DOUBLE the racism. Assume that we don't have it as hard as ya'll darker skinned brown folks. But I can tell you you don't have it harder then us. Hell you don't have it harder then any brown person. My native american boyfriend has suffered through countless instances of racism on the same level as ANY black person I've EVER met. So really, skin tone has nothing to do with it. ALL minoritys be they mixed or mostly one race they are definately discriminated against in this country. To think ANY one has it "easier" then anyone, is just ignorant. And it's only opinion. Not fact.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bratling For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 01, 2008)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    First off, light skinned people are obviously not black,
    Legally incorrect. Before the civil rights movement, heck, before the emancipation proclamation if you had a black ancestor within 8 generations legally you were black. (At least that is what I was taught in history. It's way to late to look that up. Anyone have a reference?) The point being that in the US "black" is not defined as strictly African American but as just about anyone descended from someone who was.

Quote Originally Posted by bratling View Post
    ALL minoritys be they mixed or mostly one race they are definately discriminated against in this country. To think ANY one has it "easier" then anyone, is just ignorant. And it's only opinion. Not fact.
    Make that "in this" world and you would have it nailed. Discrimination against people different from you is part of human nature and school yard mentality. Some people and cultures just grow up and others don't. Anytime you find yourself within a minority you are likely to run into discrimination and chances are those doing it won't even realize it.

.... yeah this has sort of gotten off topic hasn't it?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Nov 02, 2008), Peach_follows (Nov 03, 2008), Scourge (Nov 02, 2008)

Devoted Otaku bratling may be famous one day bratling's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Legally incorrect. Before the civil rights movement, heck, before the emancipation proclamation if you had a black ancestor within 8 generations legally you were black. (At least that is what I was taught in history. It's way to late to look that up. Anyone have a reference?) The point being that in the US "black" is not defined as strictly African American but as just about anyone descended from someone who was.

Make that "in this" world and you would have it nailed. Discrimination against people different from you is part of human nature and school yard mentality. Some people and cultures just grow up and others don't. Anytime you find yourself within a minority you are likely to run into discrimination and chances are those doing it won't even realize it.

.... yeah this has sort of gotten off topic hasn't it?
    Your quite right in fact. And I realize/recognize that theres tons of discrimination in places other then here. I mentioned this country specifically because my scope, isn't as far reaching as other country's and I'm not comfortable making points I don't feel confident in. I've never been to another country and know very little about most other country's. But I know plenty about what goes on around here. Or try to. But you are 100% correct.

And I donno where flawed has been living. Because I know I've NEVER been -considered- white. Just called white as an insult by mean little kids on the playground in the hood. But telling me I'm NOT black, is just as childish as them calling me a white girl.

It sort of got off topic. But race was initially mentioned in the original post so it's not TOO much of a veer.

You never really loved me/You never really cared/It was all just a game to boost your ego/Those feelings never really there/ I'm filing emotional bankruptcy/My heart can take no more debt/Theres no more "money" there to spend. === Besides tee hee SHE loves me!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bratling For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Nov 02, 2008)

Otaku Halo is off to a good start Halo's Avatar
    somewhere in the darkness with the most beautiful vampiress in the world
    Thanks

Cool Re: Obama assasination attempt

omg it's already too late what can we do? thats the question to the assains minds when the election has already ended. i've heard about that while at school and from what i know they failed (thats good right?) at least we wont see another assaination attept for a while.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Inevitable, like 10 million other people have said before me.

I come from a Muslim country (even though I'm not Muslim) and this whole racist thing is nothing new to me. My country HAS to be governed by a Muslim Malay,
    and naturally, this governor has to backed up by dozens of other Muslim Malays, so much so that if the balance were upset even in the slightest, people would go
    berserk. Of course, the difference lies in how tiny Malaysia is compared to the USA. I worry for not just Obama, but his family as well. It must be a great feeling
    being the first African-American president, but it's gotta be hard knowing that being in such a powerful position puts not only him, but the people close to him in
    danger.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast