+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Obama and Chenney are Cousins...

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Obama and Chenney are Cousins...

Just found this on yahoo news...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There's no sign of a family reunion planned, but U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama are distant cousins.

So says the vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, who said she discovered that her husband of 43 years is eighth cousins with the senator from Illinois.

The two men could hardly be more different. Cheney is an advocate for pursuing the war in Iraq to try to stabilize the country, while Obama wants to get U.S. troops out of Iraq.

Mrs. Cheney told MSNBC on Tuesday that it was "an amazing American story that one ancestor ... could be responsible down the family line for lives that have taken such different and varied paths."

The common ancestor was Mareen Devall, who the Chicago Sun-Times said was a 17th century immigrant from France.

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama and Chenney are Cousins...

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Just found this on yahoo news...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - There's no sign of a family reunion planned, but U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama are distant cousins.

So says the vice president's wife, Lynne Cheney, who said she discovered that her husband of 43 years is eighth cousins with the senator from Illinois.
    The common ancestor was Mareen Devall, who the Chicago Sun-Times said was a 17th century immigrant from France.
    Eighth cousins? That's practically nothing! It is odd, though, having two important politicians related like that . . . Hmmm . . .

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

ah ha! i knew it!
    well it comes to family matters especially mine, every cousins are a part of the family.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    ah ha! i knew it!
    well it comes to family matters especially mine, every cousins are a part of the family.
    I have too many cousins for us to include EIGHTH cousins as well. Do you suppose they'll send each other Christmas cards (with political propaganda shoved behind the family portrait)?

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this mean that when Barack Obama goes hunting he's going to shoot someone as well?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard that Clinton and Bush were related too...

Actually this is interesting though almost pointless given the distance in their relationship. Actually it would still be pointless if they were brothers, they have differing views and if Obama's views are what we want as a president is all that really matter right now.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    So does this mean that when Barack Obama goes hunting he's going to shoot someone as well?
    Only if Obama has to go through several heart surgeries.

Now Stephen Colbert is going to run from president. He's being Robin Williams in that movie "Man of the year"

But yeah, the whole distant cousin thing...does it have to do with ancestors being slave owners?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    I heard that Clinton and Bush were related too...
    And did you know that the majority of the members of this forum have only seen Bush and clinton as last names for the US president...

4 years for Bush senior.
    8 years for clinton
    6 years for bush (and will be 8 years)

18 years total for those two names in power

and maybe another clinton will be the president, so we may add at least another 4 to the count..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast