+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Obama President

Obama will be the next American President please tell me what your opinions are about it

Mine are as follows:
    1. i don't like the fact that he is not going to swear in on the bible
    2. i seriously don't think he can pull us out of Bush's mess up
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

2. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeparty12 For This Useful Post:

DemonicKagomeTahoshi (Nov 05, 2008)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama President

Obama will be the next American President please tell me what your opinions are about it
    Well, he had my support this whole time... I just lack enthusiasm. SADLY, what I find most exciting... is the fact the he is the first African American president. The reason why I say that its sad, is because its a bit discouraging that race has to be such an issue. I sort of wish there wasn't that sense of unequality to begin with. I wish we didn't have so much overcoming we had to do to get to this point.
    Yet, simultaniously, I am so far impressed by our nations growth in awareness. To think, in the lifetimes of our nations elders... African Americans werent even ALLOWED TO VOTE. And now...

I am worried people have expectations set a bit too high. Truth is, we really don't know what we're in for. And things are always bittersweet when it comes to matters of economy. I don't know of one presidential term where, everything was improved apon. Thats just not how it works. Theres always something that gets neglected, while other things are being fixed.

I have always voted democratically... Because the "trickle down" theory sucks. Want to keep big business thriving? Then take care of us little people first. We're much better consumers when our homes aren't being foreclosed on. And our gas isnt 4 bucks to the gallon. And as much as businesses love to make bank, by sending out weaponry, gear, and food to our troops. Hard working people are dishing out that bank... and meanwhile losing their loved ones.

During Bush's two terms, there has been a lot of mess... in alot of different areas. Like I said, don't make expectations too high. Obama will likely not have a band-aid for everything. But really, change and improvement is about growth and learning... This is a NEW journey for our nation. It doesn't have to intail going back with an eraser and editing the past. We don't have to fix everything in order to move foward.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeparty12 View Post
    1. i don't like the fact that he is not going to swear in on the bible
    Source please?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeparty12 View Post
    Since Bush didn't make it (other then through omission) I would defiantly agree. Bush has possibly been the most hands off president where veto's and economic issues are concerned in history. He only vetoed in his first term on the rare occasion of a moral issue. In the last two years that has changed slightly but for the vast majority if the Congress voted it he either signed it or let it sit for the 10 days needed to become law.

So now the question is can the current Congress turn around the mess they made? I sincerely doubt it. The Democrats say they can including Obama and I wish them all the best, they are going to need it.

...and think, there is another congressional election for the house in 2 years. Someone better pony up on those promises or they're in trouble.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 05, 2008)

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think the best thing Obama can do during his years as president is urging Congress to start fixing up the errors they have made in the last 8 years. There's simply no way Obama can balance the budget or completely fix the economy in 4 years, that's too much to ask of anyone. I think recovery will be gradual, and if Obama can get the healing process started, it's all for the better. The main things I hope Obama focuses on is getting this war thing figured out, and getting the economy back on track so that we're making jobs, not giving them away.

Also may I say that I don't know whether the bible BS is true or not, but as someone who is religious can I just say: does it really matter? If Obama's not as hardcore a Christian as people want him to be, I think they just need to shut their trap. The only time religion should be in politics is when there's a question as to whether someone's religious views are being persecuted. Other than that, I don't care what religion a president believes in, as long as it's not interfereing with their train of thought in what's best for the country, let people believe what they choose. And I say this in general, I'm not trying to suggest I believe Obama is anything but Christian. I'm just saying it shouldn't matter.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I think America will have an easier time if the losing side (minority side) don't start sabotaging or sandbagging to make a point.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Warthog Launch Champion Rook may be famous one day Rook may be famous one day Rook's Avatar
    Thanks

Hes not swearing on the bible?!

THATS PIMP!
    i cant believe that! that the first i hear of it!
    Thats awesome!

Its about time someone take the seperation of church from state seriously!

Not everyone believes in the bible!

But i just hope Obama can stay safe, he better make it to get inagurated
    for his first day at least, becuase if someone assasinates him before then,
    then technically we never had a african american president = /

But hopefully thats not the case!
    = D
    Yay-yea?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rook For This Useful Post:

Jokerman (Nov 07, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Im just going to laugh my ass off when things start to get even worse because of Obamas polocies and then people start blaiming the Republicans despite the fact that now they have almost no power at all.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

Ironic...Over here in the Netherlands, they also talk a lot about Obama who has been chosen to be president of the United States. He's in the newspaper day in the day out and we're not even Americans. So you can see it's a big deal to us too (apparently). The president of the U.S. is one of the most powerful person on this planet. He will effect everything and a lot of countries around him.

Even so, I've never been so interested in politics whatsoever. But since it's a big thing, I can't really get around it. No matter how hard I try, the name "Obama" keeps popping up everywhere.

Most of the people I've heard talking about him, totally disagree with Obama being president. But well, we don't have anything to say about it anyway. They don't believe he can achieve the goals that he promises America. Neither do they believe in his theories of solving the "mess up of Bush" or every other thing that's been going wrong in your country.

Well I just wanted to share the thoughts of people around me who do have interest in the big Obama thing. And let you know how some people overseas are thinking about the situation.

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast