+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President

Legendary Otaku GrimmjowJaggerjack is off to a good start GrimmjowJaggerjack's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama President

i think he is gonna be a great president
    and that it is very exciting to have the first African-American president
    i think that people at my school to the election to far and some kids were racist about obama president

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, glad to see the man i voted for in office.

I don;t mind that he doesnt want to swear in on the bible. if he doesn't then so be it. to each his own.

In all honesty, i voted for him because im sick of republicans. i feel that either candidate will do something very positive and very negative, so it all just depends on who i like as a person better.
    Why hello there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoDeath90 For This Useful Post:

desxms (Nov 06, 2008)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Im just going to laugh my ass off when things start to get even worse because of Obamas polocies and then people start blaiming the Republicans despite the fact that now they have almost no power at all.
    You know what man, don't be a sore ass. For someone who said to Arrianna that he argues with "common sense" and the "facts" you should don't have the class. (love air quotes btw). You could learn a thing or two from Senator McCain. lol I have a feeling that you want this man to fail, and you don't care whether it is good for the country or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine
    Most of the people I've heard talking about him, totally disagree with Obama being president. But well, we don't have anything to say about it anyway. They don't believe he can achieve the goals that he promises America. Neither do they believe in his theories of solving the "mess up of Bush" or every other thing that's been going wrong in your country.

Well I just wanted to share the thoughts of people around me who do have interest in the big Obama thing. And let you know how some people overseas are thinking about the situation.
    And rightfully so. Like I have said before, the USA has slow a bit but we are still the motor of the car. Countries look to us for many things. And I can't say that I agree with what you said. With the news of Obama's decisive win last night the markets in EU and Asia all shot up to highs in recent weeks. However it did go back down after people do turn their attentions back to the real issues in the financial world.

I also had people from other countries that I talked to that felt this is what the world needed. I still remember one of the news channel guys showing a poll in an overseas newspaper of what countries feel should be the next pres.

Look, all I'm saying is to lay off the man. The guy haven't even stepped into the oval office yet. Give the guy a chance to do something first. Senator McCain didn't win and that's the fact, so let's move on. President Obama will surround himself with people that will help him.

And here's one thing I'm going to say about the whole inexperience thing. Consider this, unless you were one of the former 43 presidents that led this country, no one has the right to say they have more experience than anyone. I mean just consider basketball, how many great college basketball coaches have went on to have success in the Pros?? One, Larry Brown. But why? The ball is the same? The hoop is still 10 feet off the ground?

So let's just sit back and see what happens. We gave President Bush 2 term/chances, I think Presiden-elect Obama deserves at least one.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 05, 2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: quote fix

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    You know what man, don't be a sore ass. For someone who said to Arrianna that he argues with "common sense" and the "facts" you should don't have the class. (love air quotes btw). You could learn a thing or two from Senator McCain. lol I have a feeling that you want this man to fail, and you don't care whether it is good for the country or not.

And rightfully so. Like I have said before, the USA has slow a bit but we are still the motor of the car. Countries look to us for many things. And I can't say that I agree with what you said. With the news of Obama's decisive win last night the markets in EU and Asia all shot up to highs in recent weeks. However it did go back down after people do turn their attentions back to the real issues in the financial world.

I also had people from other countries that I talked to that felt this is what the world needed. I still remember one of the news channel guys showing a poll in an overseas newspaper of what countries feel should be the next pres.

Look, all I'm saying is to lay off the man. The guy haven't even stepped into the oval office yet. Give the guy a chance to do something first. Senator McCain didn't win and that's the fact, so let's move on. President Obama will surround himself with people that will help him.

And here's one thing I'm going to say about the whole inexperience thing. Consider this, unless you were one of the former 43 presidents that led this country, no one has the right to say they have more experience than anyone. I mean just consider basketball, how many great college basketball coaches have went on to have success in the Pros?? One, Larry Brown. But why? The ball is the same? The hoop is still 10 feet off the ground?

So let's just sit back and see what happens. We gave President Bush 2 term/chances, I think Presiden-elect Obama deserves at least one.
    How am I being a sore ass? I don't care if a Dem or a Rep gets into office, what I care about is their polocies, which you clearly have not payed any attention to the fact I have said that multiple times. He is the President now, or will be here shortly, I hope he doesnt screw things up, because if he does, we are the ones who suffer for it.
    Also, two things. I don't believe I have ever made any verbal insults such as name calling to you or any other person voting for Obama here. Which leads me to two. For some one who talks about "Having some class" you sure are a ungracfull winner.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Source please?
    Since Bush didn't make it (other then through omission) I would defiantly agree. Bush has possibly been the most hands off president where veto's and economic issues are concerned in history. He only vetoed in his first term on the rare occasion of a moral issue. In the last two years that has changed slightly but for the vast majority if the Congress voted it he either signed it or let it sit for the 10 days needed to become law.

So now the question is can the current Congress turn around the mess they made? I sincerely doubt it. The Democrats say they can including Obama and I wish them all the best, they are going to need it.
    Failing to act is pretty much as bad as acting wrong in that position. Throughout both his presidential terms I've indeed gotten the feeling he never did much of anything decisive at all, yet the people behind him didn't sit still for a second. (Yes I'm looking at you in particular Mr Cheney. )

Obama is going to have a hell of a time cleaning up the giant mess from the previous administration(s) and the general malaise the First World is in now. That's why I was glad to hear him personally admit that yes there would be decisions people wouldn't like and yes things would go wrong.

To most non-Americans, he represents that (somewhat childish maybe?) attitude of getting things done simply because there are enough people believing that they can do it. He might not have the experience McCain has but only a fool would say that he isn't exactly the right man at the right time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassun For This Useful Post:

awesomeparty12 (Nov 05, 2008)

Legendary Otaku GrimmjowJaggerjack is off to a good start GrimmjowJaggerjack's Avatar
    Thanks

and he also said that republicans are gonna help him change america

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I think America will have an easier time if the losing side (minority side) don't start sabotaging or sandbagging to make a point.
    That is their job though. They are supposed to represent their constituency and it the ones who voted them in want that and they don't do it then they have failed. It's called a difference of opinion Legend. If you have only one opinion you can be sure someone's is being suppressed since there is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Failing to act is pretty much as bad as acting wrong in that position. Throughout both his presidential terms I've indeed gotten the feeling he never did much of anything decisive at all, yet the people behind him didn't sit still for a second. (Yes I'm looking at you in particular Mr Cheney. )
    He was pretty busy Hassun just not in the Legislature. Here:
    The Constitution succinctly defines presidential functions, powers, and responsibilities. The president’s chief duty is to make sure that the laws are faithfully executed, and this duty is performed through an elaborate system of executive agencies that includes cabinet-level departments. Presidents appoint all cabinet heads and most other high-ranking officials of the executive branch of the federal government. They also nominate all judges of the federal judiciary, including the members of the Supreme Court. Their appointments to executive and judicial posts must be approved by a majority of the Senate (one of the two chambers of Congress, the legislative branch of the federal government, the other being the House of Representatives). The Senate usually confirms these appointments, though it occasionally rejects a nominee to whom a majority of members have strong objections. The president is also the commander in chief of the country’s military and has unlimited authority to direct the movements of land, sea, and air forces. The president has the power to make treaties with foreign governments, though the Senate must approve such treaties by a two-thirds majority. Finally, the president has the power to approve or reject (veto) bills passed by Congress, though Congress can override the president’s veto by summoning a two-thirds majority in favour of the measure.
    The power of veto is one of the least of his duties. His failure to veto several bills did tick people off but the fact still remains he didn't write them or vote for them and trying to pass the buck won't change that.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Nov 06, 2008)

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Last night, Obama stated that he may not be able to fix the economy in one term. He said it would take more time than that to fix the mess of America. He already knows what he is up against and is being real and upfront about what he is going to do. He is not faking that he will have some magical time period to undo the damage to America. He knows it will take some time, it is a healing process. Hell, the great Depression took almost a decade to subside. Four years is just the surface.

Scroug- that comment about you going to laugh your ass off is incredibly iggnorant. McCain didn't win, get the hell over it and move on. Weather you are republican or democrat, this man has made history and has put America in a good position with other nations. America FINALLY has some amount of respect. Don't ruin this this us.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast