+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 83

Thread: Obama President

  1. #17
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    I disagree. I don't think the US finally has respect. I think we finally have a president that other countries think they can use to their own advantages. I can't say I mind since I would feel the same way in their position.

    As for Scrouge's comment it isn't ignorant so much as based on fact/tactics used for several years and especially this election. He's right, the Democrats just lost their scapegoat and now have a majority in both the house and senate as well as the presidency. They have no one to hide behind anymore. It will be fun to see if they try. I know I'm looking forward to it.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (Nov 06, 2008)

  3. #18
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Also, two things. I don't believe I have ever made any verbal insults such as name calling to you or any other person voting for Obama here. Which leads me to two. For some one who talks about "Having some class" you sure are a ungracfull winner.
    You've been dropping words like bullshit in the other thread before I started getting crude. And you will "laugh your ass off" when he fails?? Good luck arguing out of that one. And no, I do not consider myself on any side or any winning team. No one wins if the government cannot continue to keep up with the rest of the world. Don't say I don't have class for calling you out for your statements. If I was a sore winner, I would have ditched night class half way at 7pm PST, drove home and PM you and leave msgs on your profile. THAT IS NO CLASS.

    But whatever you can say I have no class, and I don't get care. As Business majors, our motto is always ends justify the means. So I don't care if the President is black, white, Mikuru, Democrat, Republican, or Lieberman. If a president does well then he's the man.

    And you know what, let's have an agreement okay? I'll either be here for the next 4 years or check back in 4 years. We'll look at numbers and see if he has done worse than when Bush left it or better. Then we'll see who was right and decide what to do then.

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Legend For This Useful Post:

    blackrose92 (Nov 06, 2008), Familyguyfan2 (Nov 06, 2008), princesslady (Nov 06, 2008), Pyro Psycho (Nov 07, 2008)

  5. #19
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    As for Scrouge's comment it isn't ignorant so much as based on fact/tactics
    Facts? Tactics? Dont get me wrong, I like scourge (Scourge I like you)... But his comment actually had little fact at all this time. Aside from that little statement of how republicans no longer have power. But that doesn't mean the republican party can't be held responsible for the mess that is now on democratic shoulders to clean.

    @ Scourge...
    Predicting failure IS negative... it doesn't show much class at all. Your comment was negative... to everyone involved. Thusly the only purpose a comment like that could serve... is to degrade our future president, and piss people off. As legend said, failure doesn't do good for any of us. So why would you be "laughing your ass off"? It just sounds stupid rather than ignorant. You said it dude... own up to it. It was a stupid and unproductive thing to say in my opinion. Also, piggy backing Legend... Even McCain had more grace than that... and HE was the losing candidate. But even he offered encouragement and support (which is really what we need right now as a nation in distress).
    ... Not Ever Again...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

    blackrose92 (Nov 06, 2008)

  7. #20
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    Yes I have used crude language, how ever they were not used or directed at any one but rather a out burst of frustration. Also, if I am not mistaken you were the first one to fling the proverbial pile of crap at me by saying bullshit to me in another thread. And given your definition of what and how words are used as insults, you were the one who started it.
    As for having a bet to see how Obama handles stuff, sure I am game, because if he does some how pull us out of this mess you will wave it around any way regardless. How ever, I can admit with out shame of being proven wrong. I have been corrected several times by Arriana and Peach before, and each time I just say "Oh yeah, your right, my bad" and move on, also I have been telling my friends before that I hope Obama does prove me wrong. How ever, I know if he does it will not be with the policies he proposed during the election.
    Also being a business mager I find not to be very impressive. Now if you owned your owned business and some way put what you know to actual practice and succeed with your thoughts and beliefs, then I will be impressed. Just like the fact I have been taking advanced computer classes ever sense high school, but what I learned and what I know doesn’t mean anything if I don't put it into practice. How ever, I succeeded in gaining entry into the field I desired which is in computer drafting and now work for the company that designs and builds the Predator, Reaper, and Sky Warrior UAV drones.

    As for Peach, I have a high respect for you and like you as well, how ever like almost every one else here has taken my words out of context. The fact is I was referring to the Democrats tactics of blaming Republicans for what ever problem that come around even when it was clearly their own doing. As Arriana and I have already pointed out that the Democrats are now the highest ranking party and own most of seats in power by a huge margin. My comment was that when things go wrong as they always do, the Democrats have now no one to blame but them selves.

    But isn’t it also ignorant to deny the fact that Democrats play the blame game with Republicans who had nothing to do with what ever the problem is all the time and out right blatantly, and obvicely I mite add, and yet people deny the fact they do this constantly simply because they are affiliated with the Democratic party?
    So that being said those who say I am the one being ignorant are just as ignorant if not more so which moves those people into a catagory of hypocrits.
    So lets just say I am being ignorant, at least I am not being a hypocrit about it.

    This argument has grown tiresome and out right childish simply do to my comment about Democrats who now can't play the blame game or have any escape goats by people who have got their feathers ruffled and are now delving for hidden meanings and attacks from a blunt straight forward remark. (Nice going Legend) Any one who would like to join me and act like adults are welcome, any one else who wants to continue to fight and argue like 2 year olds can site here and read Winy The Pooh. I am going to go see what’s up with Wall Street; the rest can go watch Sesame Street.
    Last edited by Scourge; Nov 06, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

    Kiani Haki22 (Nov 06, 2008)

  9. #21
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Facts? Tactics? Dont get me wrong, I like scourge (Scourge I like you)... But his comment actually had little fact at all this time. Aside from that little statement of how republicans no longer have power. But that doesn't mean the republican party can't be held responsible for the mess that is now on democratic shoulders to clean.
    All it needs is two facts Peach, 1) Democrats have been blaming the Republicans for situations they either created themselves or were involved in as well and 2) The Republicans no longer have any of the majorities or presidency. There are a great many people happy that the Democratic party has no where to hide anymore. Now there is no more excuses and we will see, minus all the spin and games, what their real policies and results are.

    Princesslady didn't say his comment was rude she said it was ignorant however it was based in facts and as such was an educated one, just not a polite one. I don't care for it when people start throwing labels like "ignorant" around without cause because it attempts to degrade the person rather then address the statement.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 06, 2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: name

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  10. #22
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    On the contrary... I never said anything about his comment being ignorant. That was princesslady.. I said to me it sounded stupid, and was unproductive. So please, be careful before you peg me as saying what did not say.

    Furthermore, I personally can admit a democratic hand in things not working. Nor would I ever claim that democrats don't play a blame game... Both parties do. What I am saying... is that up until now, Republicans have had the control, so it wouldn't be a "blame game" to hold republicans (at least in large part) responsible for the current state of corruption and turmoil. Thusly, they are also in large part responsible for the long time it will take to recover... If Obama (and the rest of the democrats) are even capable of such a task... It really isn't even just up to democrats to fix things... justbecause one party is who is -mostly- in power... Its not as if republicans have fallen off the face of the earth. Just as you say Democrats still had a hand in things when Republicans where running the show... That same statement rings true for republicans now. We are ALL responsible for giving eachother, and our nations leader, SUPPORT!

    And yes Scourge... One thing we agree on is the whole Obama thing as a topic, on a whole, is growing tiresome... doesn't seem to be leading anywhere other than pointless banter, and insult slinging. If peopel can not remain cool headed, and productive... then these topics should really be avoided.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Nov 06, 2008 at 09:46 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

  11. #23
    Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Secure Undisclosed Locationville
    Posts
    314
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    The reason why I say that its sad, is because its a bit discouraging that race has to be such an issue.
    Race isn't the main issue here; competence is. However, it appears that Mr. Obama did make race an issue, and one too many times to boot; I surmise he did so to call attention away from other pressing matters, such as, well, experience. That and other things I almost forgot to mention, such as official records (birth certificate, university transcripts) and shady connections (such as the utterly un-American Bill Ayers). Based on what I've culled, rather than using his years as junior senator to serve effectively as an Illinois legislator, he spends time writing books and grooming himself for the White House - and that speaks volumes.

    I am worried people have expectations set a bit too high.
    Of course they must; being the POTUS is no joke. I pray that Mr. Obama takes his job seriously, though the doubts remain.

    During Bush's two terms, there has been a lot of mess...
    Such as...?

    Obama will likely not have a band-aid for everything.
    True, though he and the Mainstream Media tout him as a Messiah of sorts... A lot. Even now.

    We don't have to fix everything in order to move foward.
    I agree with you here 100%. Our peers don't see things that way, and it seems neither does Mr. Obama.

    God bless America.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

  12. #24
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: Obama President

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    On the contrary... I never said anything about his comment being ignorant. That was princesslady.. I said to me it sounded stupid, and was unproductive. So please, be careful before you peg me as saying what did not say.
    Fixed. "stupid" has similar connotations however as a personal attack. I will agree with unproductive but I doubt he was trying to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Furthermore, I personally can admit a democratic hand in things not working. Nor would I ever claim that democrats don't play a blame game... Both parties do. What I am saying... is that up until now, Republicans have had the control, so it wouldn't be a "blame game" to hold republicans (at least in large part) responsible for the current state of corruption and turmoil. Thusly, they are also in large part responsible for the long time it will take to recover... If Obama (and the rest of the democrats) are even capable of such a task...
    And thus you prove the point. The Republicans have not been in charge for the "large part". Over the last several years the policies that went into effect to lead to the current crises were implemented under Democratic controlled House and Senates. The Republican's have not had a majority for several years nor did they have sufficient for most of the little time the were to implement many policies, nor we they in charge previous to that when many of these policies started. You are falling into the "if it happens with a Republican President it is the Republicans fault" mind set. This is why I keep hammering the point that it isn't the president who makes the rules, he just enforces or doesn't enforce them. The ones who make them is the CONGRESS. The Democratic Congress that has successfully passed the blame to others.

    Thus you prove the factuality of his point.

    I repeat, you may call it rude or unproductive but it is a factual and educated statement. Address the statement not the character of the person just because you don't agree with him.

    Am I the only one that has been paying attention to the mess in the Congress for the last 4-6 years? People, we are in a crises created by CONGRESS and not just an economic one, there is a serious Judicial one as well.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Welcoming President Obama!!!
    By FaithfulMenace in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 05, 2008, 12:40 AM
  2. obama or mcaine
    By maddog420 in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2008, 09:16 AM
  3. Obama or McCain?
    By ILikeApples5520 in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 02, 2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Osama Obama
    By tsurara in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2008, 09:29 AM
  5. Obama or Hilary?
    By Alondra in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2007, 05:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts