+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama President

The problem is, you are confusing Obama with the media it seems. I have never heard obama claim he could fix everything. In fact he said the contrary in his acceptance speech.

As far as asking what mess was made during Bush's two terms... you can't be seriously asking me that... You're joking right? Like.... how can you not clearly see the mess? If you live in the US... you are living the American mess right now!

As far as race... it doesn't have to be the MAIN issue. It shouldn't be. But its not Obamas fault that it is such an issue... You can't live in a country where up until recently (and even now sometimes), your people have been opressed. Then think you're going to run for president and race ISN't going to be an issue. Does he capitalize on the race issue... Yeah. And it is sad he would even be able to (once again not his fault). Speaking in terms of strategy, capitalizing on the fact that race is\was such an issue here..... Seems smart to me. It worked.

African Americans wouldnt be able to say anything about race if there was never a discrepancy in the way we've been treated since our arrival in this country! Sure things are getting better now, obviously, but racism is still ever present and thriving. And as much as we've overcome... it has been with a lot of time and hard work. And, we arent done.

@ Arriana, I also spoke highly of Scourges character.. "I like scourge"... I said twice actually. It was ONLY the statement I was speaking of. I'd like to think scourge knows better than to think I'd attack him because he made a remark. I would only attack the remark.

Congress involves BOTH parties regaurdless of who is has the majority of the seats. So a "blame game" would be really redundant on either end. As to the past 4-6 years... well Bush has been president for 8 years. Furthermore I am and have been talking about PRESIDENT here, not congress. Bush has been quite vocal about his stances on things and the directions he intended to take us. Regaurldess if that ultimately meant he was taking a back seat to congress. Inability (or lack of desire) to be effective, for whatever the reason... means I... still place alot of the blame on him. Who so happens to be a republican. Afterall, doing a whole lot of nothing coulda been a stategy of his for all I know.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Nov 06, 2008 at 10:24 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    The problem is, you are confusing Obama with the media it seems. I have never heard obama claim he could fix everything. In fact he said the contrary in his acceptance speech.
    I am not being confused by anyone. I am using his own words and the words of others in the Democratic party as well as their actions. Are you aware of what they are?

As far as asking what mess was made during Bush's two terms... you can't be seriously asking me that... You're joking right? Like.... how can you not clearly see the mess? If you live in the US... you are living the American mess right now!
    Funny thing that... no one seemed to care until it effected them personally. It's been coming for years and the Democratic Congress has done nothing but prevent any measures from being taken to fix things while there was still a Republican President so he couldn't get the credit and everything finally broke. CONGRESS. Well it worked, now it's broken, let them fix it.

I give up and am done repeating myself in this thread.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

awesomeparty12 (Nov 06, 2008)

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as race... it doesn't have to be the MAIN issue. It shouldn't be. But its not Obamas fault that it is such an issue... You can't live in a country where up until recently (and even now sometimes), your people have been opressed. Then think you're going to run for president and race ISN't going to be an issue. Does he capitalize on the race issue... Yeah. And it is sad he would even be able to (once again not his fault). Speaking in terms of strategy, capitalizing on the fact that race is\was such an issue here..... Seems smart to me. It worked.

African Americans wouldnt be able to say anything about race if there was never a discrepancy in the way we've been treated since our arrival in this country! Sure things are getting better now, obviously, but racism is still ever present and thriving. And as much as we've overcome... it has been with a lot of time and hard work. And, we arent done.

@ Arriana, I also spoke highly of Scourges character.. "I like scourge"... I said twice actually. It was ONLY the statement I was speaking of. I'd like to think scourge knows better than to think I'd attack him because he made a remark. I would only attack the remark.

Congress involves BOTH parties regaurdless of who is has the majority of the seats. So a "blame game" would be really redundant on either end. As to the past 4-6 years... well Bush has been president for 8 years. Furthermore I am and have been talking about PRESIDENT here, not congress. Bush has been quite vocal about his stances on things and the directions he intended to take us. Regaurldess if that ultimately meant he was taking a back seat to congress. Inability (or lack of desire) to be effective, for whatever the reason... means I... still place alot of the blame on him. Who so happens to be a republican. Afterall, doing a whole lot of nothing coulda been a stategy of his for all I know.
    You're not being reasonable. You're not familiar with what's actually happening, and instead presenting to us what you've been spoonfed by the mainstream media and other sources of hype. In fact, you're the one who's being all defensive here. The same could be said regarding the other Obama thread we've got going. Not to mention that thread where we first met, by the way. But no need to make things personal here.

Be specific when it comes to issues. Use bullet points and numbers if you must. Use fact and reason to show why you're right, and I'm wrong. Link to Youtube videos, if you must. I'm very much familiar with your Bush diatribes, and given the intensity of your defensiveness, I'd say you're not likely to convince nor be convinced.

Please prove me wrong.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to psychical For This Useful Post:

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

@arrianna
    Oh no no no... let me claer up the confusion.... the first couple paragraphs of the above post were directed at psychical... not you.

And I don't mean to discourage you from discussion... you are being heard. And perhps you're right about democrats not doing enough either.

I am simply trying to address why I dissagreed with Scourges comment. I mean... of us who have posted, those who seem to favor the republican party, have tossed around more blame it seems (in this thread) than anyone else. I suggest, if people are disgusted at the thought of blame games... then we really shouldn't partake in such sillyness.

@ psychical

How DARE you? You don't know what I am aware of! I dont even WATCH TV! I didn't even plug in my anntenna until election night! So how am so influenced by mainstreem media!?. As in the OTHER debate you just have to bring up. you clearly are (have been) just making assumptions on my stand points and views. Funny I even went as far as to go to your personal profle to explain that I wasn't taking sides. But uh.... when there are people like you who just want to feel like thay're making some HUGE point... then reasoning is futile. And I wont try again..trust me.

As to this particular discussion you are the one who has spewed out such passionate views, without giving sources... You are the one making all the claims... not me. So what the hell do I need to show you yotube videos for? You said Obama claims he can fix everything... Clearly that is NOT what he said during his ACCEPTANCE SPEECH <theres a source for you. Where are YOUR sources?

Do not tell me how to speak or type.
    Do not tell me what I know or am aware of!!!

That is pompus, belittling, degrading and rude... and worthy of you being ignored. You didn't want to make it personal? Well you did.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Nov 06, 2008 at 10:52 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh no no no... let me claer up the confusion.... the first couple paragraphs of the above post were directed at psychical... not you.
    No, I am not conflating Obama with the mainstream media. Where'd you get that idea?

Rather, the MSM's been in cahoots with Obama even before the election frenzy began. Don't try to squirrel my words to mean something else.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    ... As for Scrouge's comment it isn't ignorant so much as based on fact/tactics used for several years and especially this election. He's right, the Democrats just lost their scapegoat and now have a majority in both the house and senate as well as the presidency. They have no one to hide behind anymore. It will be fun to see if they try. I know I'm looking forward to it.
    Now that isn't completely true, as the Democrats were unable to obtain a Super Majority in either branches of Congress. So it remains to be seen if the remaining Republicans still provide Democratic 'Cover' by playing the role of spoilers, or are there enough of the rare 'moderate' Republicans left to prevent Congressional gridlock...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LenMiyata For This Useful Post:

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

And I don't mean to discourage you from discussion... you are being heard. And perhps you're right about democrats not doing enough either.
    Thank you.

I am simply trying to address why I dissagreed with Scourges comment. I mean... of us who have posted, those who seem to favor the republican party, have tossed around more blame it seems (in this thread) than anyone else. I suggest, if people are disgusted at the thought of blame games... then we really shouldn't partake in such sillyness.
    Is it any sillier then ignoring the "elephant in the corner"?

How can you fix something unless first you admit what is wrong? It's not enough to say the economy is broken you have to know why it is broken, know what policies lead to it and why. Then and only then will you be able to effect change. Just pointing fingers and saying "it happened during President Bush's term so it's his fault" does nothing to address the real issues nor is it true when it comes to Congressional matters. It's not about assigning blame it is about recognizing who and what is really responsible, so we can know why it happened, so it can actually be fixed. Anything else is just politicians (of either party) playing politics with our money and our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now that isn't completely true, as the Democrats were unable to obtain a Super Majority in either branches of Congress. So it remains to be seen if the remaining Republicans still provide Democratic 'Cover' by playing the role of spoilers, or are there enough of the rare 'moderate' Republicans left to prevent Congressional gridlock...
    Granted. I suspect there are enough left to vote with them but I could be wrong.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Nov 06, 2008)

Thanks

Obama will likely not have a band-aid for everything.

We don't have to fix everything in order to move foward.
    Our peers don't see things that way, and it seems neither does Mr. Obama.
    he and the Mainstream Media tout him as a Messiah of sorts... A lot. Even now.
    Those are YOUR words... I didnt have to contort or twist ANYTHING! You are making claims as to what Obama feels, what his intentions are... NOT ME! You have no sources. So uh... the only source you ARE able to name is "mainstreem media... blah blah blah" So of course one would have no choice but to believe you are confusing what you hear or see in the media... with what Obama is ACTUALLY SAYING!
    How can you fix something unless first you admit what is wrong? It's not enough to say the economy is broken you have to know why it is broken, know what policies lead to it and why. Then and only then will you be able to effect change. Just pointing fingers and saying "it happened during President Bush's term so it's his fault" does nothing to address the real issues nor is it true when it comes to Congressional matters. It's not about assigning blame it is about recognizing who and what is really responsible, so we can know why it happened, so it can actually be fixed. Anything else is just politicians (of either party) playing politics with our money and our lives.
    Ok... I can dig that... Now your painting the picture in such a way where I can clearly see your point.
    ... Not Ever Again...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast