+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama President

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Obama will likely not have a band-aid for everything.

We don't have to fix everything in order to move foward.

Those are YOUR words... I didnt have to contort or twist ANYTHING! You are making claims as to what Obama feels, what his intentions are... NOT ME! You have no sources. So uh... the only source you ARE able to name is "mainstreem media... blah blah blah" So of course one would have no choice but to believe you are confusing what you hear or see in the media... with what Obama is ACTUALLY SAYING!
    But it's true. Check Yahoo news. Check the New York Times. Even (gasp!) FOX News.

Yet, at least to an extent, they do deliver by bringing us unedited videos of Obama's public statements, albeit occasionally.

We're just typing things out here; all the more reason to be cool and composed. Please don't get your feathers all ruffled up just because I said something you don't agree with. I find it rather unseemly.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now that isn't completely true, as the Democrats were unable to obtain a Super Majority in either branches of Congress. So it remains to be seen if the remaining Republicans still provide Democratic 'Cover' by playing the role of spoilers, or are there enough of the rare 'moderate' Republicans left to prevent Congressional gridlock...
    i completely agree not enough democrats made it and also i found out that Obama has asked Mccain to help him
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now that isn't completely true, as the Democrats were unable to obtain a Super Majority in either branches of Congress. So it remains to be seen if the remaining Republicans still provide Democratic 'Cover' by playing the role of spoilers, or are there enough of the rare 'moderate' Republicans left to prevent Congressional gridlock...
    Well, that's a sliver of hope. Let's wait and see what happens, till then.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeparty12 View Post
    also i found out that Obama has asked Mccain to help him
    Where is that proof? I need to see that one in legitimate writing. WIth sources

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

The Listener Stealin` Home Champion awesomeparty12 may be famous one day awesomeparty12's Avatar
    Thanks

it was talking about it on yahoo so see if you can find it and watch it
    i cry inside for life anew i die each time im torn in two i live for earth and die for none along comes a god who will always bring peace and tranquility

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    This argument has grown tiresome and out right childish simply do to my comment about Democrats who now can't play the blame game or have any escape goats by people who have got their feathers ruffled and are now delving for hidden meanings and attacks from a blunt straight forward remark. (Nice going Legend) Any one who would like to join me and act like adults are welcome, any one else who wants to continue to fight and argue like 2 year olds can site here and read Winy The Pooh. I am going to go see what’s up with Wall Street; the rest can go watch Sesame Street.
    Arrianna, we both look up to ya and I know you are one of the few to read every post. Your thoughts?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    You know what man, don't be a sore ass. For someone who said to Arrianna that he argues with "common sense" and the "facts" you should don't have the class. (love air quotes btw). You could learn a thing or two from Senator McCain. lol I have a feeling that you want this man to fail, and you don't care whether it is good for the country or not.

And rightfully so. Like I have said before, the USA has slow a bit but we are still the motor of the car. Countries look to us for many things. And I can't say that I agree with what you said. With the news of Obama's decisive win last night the markets in EU and Asia all shot up to highs in recent weeks. However it did go back down after people do turn their attentions back to the real issues in the financial world.

I also had people from other countries that I talked to that felt this is what the world needed. I still remember one of the news channel guys showing a poll in an overseas newspaper of what countries feel should be the next pres.

Look, all I'm saying is to lay off the man. The guy haven't even stepped into the oval office yet. Give the guy a chance to do something first. Senator McCain didn't win and that's the fact, so let's move on. President Obama will surround himself with people that will help him.

And here's one thing I'm going to say about the whole inexperience thing. Consider this, unless you were one of the former 43 presidents that led this country, no one has the right to say they have more experience than anyone. I mean just consider basketball, how many great college basketball coaches have went on to have success in the Pros?? One, Larry Brown. But why? The ball is the same? The hoop is still 10 feet off the ground?

So let's just sit back and see what happens. We gave President Bush 2 term/chances, I think Presiden-elect Obama deserves at least one.
    The way you put it, it sounds as though Obama is America's "apology" to the world for simply being America, for being so unlike Europe and the rest.

Still, what you've said's not very reassuring. I still have my doubts, which are not unfounded. I'm holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed.

We can't tell what's good simply by turning to popular opinion. Like individuals, entire societies and cultures can be mistaken. A long, long, time ago, pre-colonial Mesoamerican peoples held it was "fine" to sacrifice the hearts of the vanquished on stone altars to appease the gods. There was a time, not too long ago, when it was commonly agreed upon that it was "good" to rid Europe of Jews, one way or another. We can only rely on reason and facts to tell whether something, anything at all, is to our benefit, and not to our detriment.

Neither can you simply dismiss the "experience" factor. People who did have pumped-up resumes prior to assuming the post (Jefferson, both Roosevelts, JFK, Reagan) managed to deliver the goods. To choose someone less experienced over one who knows the ropes better is to make a very risky gamble. Here your basketball analogy breaks down.

But fine. As you said, let's give him a chance.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychical View Post
    The way you put it, it sounds as though Obama is America's "apology" to the world for simply being America, for being so unlike Europe and the rest.

Still, what you've said's not very reassuring. I still have my doubts, which are not unfounded. I'm holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed.

But fine. As you said, let's give him a chance.
    Thank you that's all I ask. And I understand what you mean and let me reiterate what I told Arrianna in previous threads. I don't buy into the hype and I know when certain articles are made to be propaganda (like on digg.com), I am a supporter but I don't obsess to a religious level.

You are right to be uncertain, because so cliche these are uncertain times. If there is one true candidate that can fix things as fast as Americans want it be Jesus. Only Jesus.

But let's just keep on trucking, keep on voting, and we'll go from here.

EDIT: Oh by the way, can you explain what you mean by what I said is Obama apologizing?? I don't quite understand.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast