+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obama President

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Arrianna, we both look up to ya and I know you are one of the few to read every post. Your thoughts?
    Why thank you Legend but I thought I had already given my opinion. Scourge made a factually correct if impolitely put opinion, one he is entitled to without being insulted. It is also an attitude I have run into by many Republicans who are tired of being blamed for everything.

You know, it occurs to me that everyone is arguing about the economy, probably since that is what the end of the campaigning about... but what about the actual duties of the President? Sure Pelosi and Reid will have a free hand from veto's from the new President but what about the things he has to actually DO?
    1. What kind of Cabinet will he create?
    2. Will he appoint judges who abide by the law or create their own?
    3. What kind of concessions will he make on treaties?
    4. What kind of commander-in-chief will he make?
    5. Finally, it is the responsibility of the Executive branch to enforce the decisions of the Legislature and the Laws of the land, will he?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    5. Finally, it is the responsibility of the Executive branch to enforce the decisions of the Legislature and the Laws of the land, will he?

Stay tuned folks, we will be back to actually know the answers to these questions proceeding Obama's inauguration after this 2 month commercial break.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Why thank you Legend but I thought I had already given my opinion. Scourge made a factually correct if impolitely put opinion, one he is entitled to without being insulted. It is also an attitude I have run into by many Republicans who are tired of being blamed for everything.
    Fair enough. And allow me to explain myself. He is entitled to all his opinion, and I have nothing against his posts albeit one or two. I believe I was also entitled to call him out on a post that I felt was not professional. When Obama won, you said you didn't think he will get it done. Fair. But then, I saw the post about "laughing one's ass off", I took exception.

I felt that was being "sore ass" about the situation, and I said it. Especially from someone like Scourge who I felt on a personal level is above those kind of comments. Sorry because I have a very very shallow vocabulary (that's why I'm not in Cal). If there was a better choice of word I would have used it, but I would have still said the same thing.

But hey, you know whatever. I made my point, and I just want to say I learn a lot from both sides. And if I offended you then let me know I'll apologize in public or private.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad he's president! The first black president is finally here. And the ppl who have a problem with that can deal with it! It's too late to get mad now. I don't care if racist ppl are mad! Mc Cain is so old he would probably die and Sarah Palin wouldn't be able to handle anything...She has a lot of work to do if she thinks she can be president.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    If there was a better choice of word I would have used it, but I would have still said the same thing.

But hey, you know whatever. I made my point, and I just want to say I learn a lot from both sides. And if I offended you then let me know I'll apologize in public or private.
    I think the phrase is "sore loser" and I'm not the one you offended. No need to apologize to me.

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Stay tuned folks, we will be back to actually know the answers to these questions proceeding Obama's inauguration after this 2 month commercial break.
    So you don't know?

That's the job princess. Are you telling me you supported a candidate for president without knowing the answers to those questions?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the phrase is "sore loser" and I'm not the one you offended. No need to apologize to me.
    LOL, nope that sentence wasn't addressed to you.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

No, that was laced in satire. ^_^
    I was just summerizing that, as much as we want to know what Obama will do in office, we will not know until he actually gets there. There is so much debate about whether or not he will screw the country over or lead America in a deeper depression. The man is not even in office yet so there really is no real answer to those questions. We do not know what the man will do until Jan of '09. So, we have a two month commercial break until then. You can't make judgements on what will happen unless the process has started. Yes taxes will be higher, but in order to get, you have to give. All the cynical remarks from other members (not you Arrianna because you seem to be the most informed person on this forum) just irk me because they are already doubting the man and he hasn't even been president for forty-eight hours yet. Give the man a chance too ACTUALLY have a say so that is ALL HIM that will effect the country in a number of ways

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

8. The Following User Says Thank You to princesslady For This Useful Post:

Familyguyfan2 (Nov 06, 2008)

Thanks

1) He has already picked two men so far, but I know one of them has yet to accept the job when I check the headlines today. To answer your question, he will create a good cabinet. (semantics)

2) Are you talking about Supreme Court Justices?? From what I understand he probably won't have the opportunity as all the justices are in good health and doesn't look like they will retire soon.

3) Let me look up the word concession.

4) He will make a good commander-in-chief.

5) Don't quite get what you're asking here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast