+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obnoxious Otaku

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Obnoxious Otaku

Most of us who've been involved with the fandom for any period of time have run into one or two REALLY obnoxious anime fans, gamers, cosplayers, etc.

Well this thread is for your horror stories and pet peeves.

Who are the most obnoxious otaku you've ever met IRL?
    Ones you've met online?
    What drives your crazy about other fans?
    Have you ever been an "obnoxious otaku" yourself?

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Obnoxious Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Most of us who've been involved with the fandom for any period of time have run into one or two REALLY obnoxious anime fans, gamers, cosplayers, etc.

Well this thread is for your horror stories and pet peeves.

Who are the most obnoxious otaku you've ever met IRL?
    Ones you've met online?
    What drives your crazy about other fans?
    Have you ever been an "obnoxious otaku" yourself?
    they're the scum of the universe. i mean...blah! blah! blah! blah! blah! blah! blah! i understand their enthusiasm but least tone it down.

a friend of mine, but since i've been friends with him for a long time. i just understand him but at least he's not talkative and annoying.
    youtube...they're like virus...so many and annoying.
    stubborn...they don't accepting things the way they are in the anime. even though the answers are right in front of them.
    no...that's just wrong.

i just hope there are no one are like them in here. if they are, please...don't mess with me because i will fight back.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Evol may be famous one day Evol may be famous one day Evol's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't find "otaku" annoying, they usually grow out of it...usually. I find bad grammar and pseudo-japanese speak more annoying than some Man-Faye or Inuyasha girl prancing around. Although guys dressing in drag can be endearing if they're hot, they're mostly overbearing fat guys who make me want to hide in a corner.

I think anyone posting in an anime forum has at one point in their lives dabbled in or wholeheartedly joined the scary obnoxious and sometimes smelly otaku tendencies we see at cons and online. At the very least they've had urges or thoughts about it. Stop being a pussy and just admit it...

my obnoxious otaku moment: I once was a part of an artist alley booth at Otakon a few years back, I vaguely remember spewing random incoherent japanese at passersby and thinking I was the sh!t because I could draw "anime art"

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i gues i could be obnoxious, but that just b/c i will sometimes say quotes from games, movies and shows. i could be far worse.

i have been so far spared from the horrors of an "Obnoxious Otaku", but im going to a con in january so that may change..

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i gues i could be obnoxious, but that just b/c i will sometimes say quotes from games, movies and shows. i could be far worse.

i have been so far spared from the horrors of an "Obnoxious Otaku", but im going to a con in january so that may change..
    If random game/anime quotes are considered obnoxious, then my best friend Erik and I are pretty obnoxious, LOL.

Whenever we hang out, we're listening to J-Pop, holding conversations in Japanese (which only last a few minutes, seeing how niether of us are fluent) and quoting lines from anime and video games. ^_^

Tsoun Tendo: *claps* "Yes! Drink, Master! Drink hearty!"

Happosai: "Hey! Keep your snoots outta my loot!"

Saotome/Tendo: "Yes, Master!"
    That's pretty much how it goes between the two of us.
    I'd say he's a bigger otaku than I--as much as he says otherwise. Every time I call him, he'll answer and impersonate Sagat's voice from the Street Fighter II anime movie, "My lord!" is what he says when he picks up. LOL. I'll ask him if he wants to play some Third Strike or CvS 2 and he says, "My lord, please!" LOL. It's funny as hell to me.

But, I never really had to deal with any real obnoxious otaku. Most of the otaku I chill with are pretty mellow. Although I've got a friend--who I think is the biggest otaku I know--who will try to speak in Japanese and just BUTCHER the language!! "Boku wa itchy bun deesoo!" Which is really supposed to be, "Boku wa ichiban desu!" It's pretty bad, but not obnoxious until about ten minutes of corrections and hearing, "itchy bun!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I remeber being trapped in Wladen Books one time with an Otaku. I almost died of embaressment. I was just trying to get some manga and get out of the store, but no she had to keep that from happening. I don't even know who she was, she just popped up out of nowhere in here stripped shirt and shirt with matching arm warmers and started going crazy. She was grabbing the random stuffed dolls and showing me them running down the asile picking random books and telling me their whole story. She even informed of an anime site she had started and informed me I could go there and talk to her whenever I want. It was freaky enough but as she followed me out of the store my mom came and and said "I see you have a new girlfriend huh". I was going to die and the girl thought it ws a great idea. Luckily though Mom saw my distress and decided we could leave then. That is my scariest moment of running into an otaku.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

+ Reply to Thread