+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Olympic Opening Ceremonies - From the Canadian Perspective

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Olympic Opening Ceremonies - From the Canadian Perspective

I'm glad that the Winter Olympics were/are being held in Vancouver, because I feel that Canada is occasionally overlooked in terms of history and culture (as well as authority). I didn't get to watch very much of the opening ceremony, but that's mostly because I'm not much of an athletic fan. I do, however, prefer the winter Olympics over the summer Olympics.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Olympic Opening Ceremonies - From the Canadian Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow_96 View Post
    I'm glad that the Winter Olympics were/are being held in Vancouver, because I feel that Canada is occasionally overlooked in terms of history and culture (as well as authority).
    glad to hear that, and your right. were often looked at like the us's shadow or little brother. being canadian that makes me happy to hear you say that. we're one of the richest and powerful countries yet few remember it. maybe its because were more soft spoken then our older brother the US. yah there are alot of things in the world that wouldn't exist without canadians...
    peacekeepers, umm... human rights.... the canadarm... superman, yes super man, yah and basketball just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Hey aceman and kaki, why don't you guys do something that you feel represents Canada and share it with the forum. One thing that I thought was strange is that there was no homage paid to Canada's past athletes. Surely the country has to have pioneering athletes like everyone. And yet nothing of that. What characteristics do you feel sets the country apart from anyother.
    ill take you up on that challenge.
    and your right they didn't pay that much homage to canada's past athletes.
    sure we see some of our hockey legends, but still nothing really. and they hardly talked about our national heroes. terry fox was hardly mentioned,
    and it wasn't really bilingual. like the speech at the end could have more french instead of the one word beinveinu, which means welcome. sorry i can't spell.

it's hard to define canada for me.
    i just love canada. its my home and but soo much more.
    im proud to be born a canadian there is nothing in the world i would trade it for.

canada= love,tim hortons lol,open arms, different( as in multicultural), mosaic, polite, a friendlier, peaceful, tiny version of the world,

what makes canada are its people, its culture.
    and if you ask what canadian culture is then thats a difficult question to answer. we don't have single one cultures but several pieces of other cultures.

Je suis fier d'être un Canadienne.
    I am proud to be a canadian.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 15, 2010 at 10:55 PM.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2