+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: One question Answered.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: One question Answered.

This is really quite a tough question... I think that I wouldn't be able to ask anything at all if someone appeared and just asked me to ask.. I just wouldn't know what to ask.

There are things others would ask and I would never, like "what happens after death" and "does God exist", because those might damage my spirit to live. I wouldn't ask about my future, because I don't think I'd be able to change it and, if it's really that bad it would really crush me. And I wouldn't ask for the reason of life, because I believe that is something each of us must find out him/herself and again- the answer might seem very unpleasing to me.

Maybe I would ask: "How can I improve my writing. Please give a detailed explanation in writed form." Because that would just help me a bit in life and make my hobby a bit more interesting and usefull ^^

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku hedgehog666 is off to a good start
    Thanks

my question would be what is the purpose of life,because life could end at any moment while others live longer then other

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog666 View Post
    my question would be what is the purpose of life,because life could end at any moment while others live longer then other
    Good question, i always wonder does everyone really ahve a purpose to know the truth about it would be nice but i stick strong by my other question. Many great ideas of great questions coming into people minds, some are rather silly but oh well

Newbie thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    There are things others would ask and I would never, like "what happens after death" and "does God exist", because those might damage my spirit to live. I wouldn't ask about my future, because I don't think I'd be able to change it and, if it's really that bad it would really crush me. And I wouldn't ask for the reason of life, because I believe that is something each of us must find out him/herself and again- the answer might seem very unpleasing to me.
    before you say it. yes WALL-O-TEXT and you dont have to read it all, but it is kinda food for thought about what asking questions about the future might do

i kinda agree on this. sure it would be nice to know the answer to a lot of questions in the future, will i be happily married and who to, will i be financially set, will i die of lung cancer, etc, but those answers could be good or bad and it could totally change how you currently view life and the actions and consequences that happen because of that. and even then, you dont know that it is changeable or not. maybe your life will turn out the way it was answered only because you chose to ask the question and therfore know the answer and change how you live now. if you never asked the question, what is the possibility that that outcome would still occur? likewise, if you try really hard to change what was "predestined" can you really accomplish it? or if you worry to much about the future will you miss out on the present?

for example. lets say you are married and you ask the question, will i live happily ever after with my wife. lets say it was answered in one word, "yes." but that "yes" can be interpreted in two (probably more) ways. 1) you never get divorced and stay with your current wife is one way. 2) it could also be you will divorce X amount of times, but you will live happily with your final wife, who is still technically "your wife" like you asked in the question since you didn't state your "current wife".

lets say, however, you did say will i live happily ever after with my current wife, [her full name here]. and the answer is yes. will you give up on trying to keep her happy? will you maybe cheat on her because you still know you will live happily with her and being with another woman just makes it that much better? and if the answer to the question was no? what will you do then? will you find a reason to divorce her now? perhaps the reason you wont live happily is that she passes on rather than divorces you. you just divorced her for no reason now. perhaps you are meant to continue in the relationship so for whatever reason an event comes 3 years down the road that your wife asks you to attend with her and there you meet the girl of your dreams. if you divorced her when you asked the question, you most likely would have never met her.

the answer could also be used either for good or bad in another since. lets say you asked what the winning jack pot numbers were in a lotto function on 1000 a specific dates. and you made 200 quadrillion dollars. what would you do seeing as you didn't rightfully deserve that money? give it to charity? hoard it to yourself? give it to every homeless and poor person? by giving the money away to the poor and homeless you did a very good thing. however. if the poorest people now have 1 million dollars instead of 10$, then that is the new "poor", prices will go from 50 cents for a can of green beans to 100$. you may have helped them in the short term, but in the long term, you disrupted the economy, caused the market to crash, prices to inflate to ungodly amounts, and possibly more damage than that, destroying the entire country you were trying to help.

lets say you asked for the cure for every cancer/disease/syndrome (this includes aids) to be written in a book and you cured ever cancer/disease/syndrome on the face of the planet. that would be great. but perhaps, even as sad as it is, the people were supposed to die of the ailment and by curing it you actually hurt everyone without realizing it. you just caused the world population to double in the next lets say 150 years. we barely have enough resources now, how are we going to have enough resources for twice as many people. instead of dieing of cancer, people will die of starvation, malnurishment, and other things just as painful as cancers/diseases/syndromes. more wars will rage on because of the lack of resources and the greedy want of dictators. though it may not effect you directly for the worse, you did more harm than good by getting the answer to that question.

theres just to much still left unknown and to many consequences even if you got the answer to your one question about the future. a question like what Lasura asks "how can i improve my writing" is a more logical and better question to ask imo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thedivineshadow For This Useful Post:

Zerosan9000 (Mar 16, 2008)

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

"why?"

i'dlove that question to be answered... because it implies so many... depending on the situaton... and it's the best... because whatever hurt that caused that question to be asked, is lessend... knowing that you were at least worth an explanation, and a proper closure.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

"Why do we have to die?"

I dunno why. Maybe because of curiosity.

Otaku Zerosan9000 is off to a good start
    Thanks

mine is what is heaven realy like ita what ive always wanted to know

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Believe it or not, my question would be:

"What are the numbers higher then a trillion?"

Yes, yes, I know. Why would I pick that question when there are so many more important one to be asked? Well, it's because ever since I was six, I've always wondered what numbers were higher then a trillion, and now, ten years later, the question still burns within me. I just can't help it, I'm so curiouse!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast