+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: One year here

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

One year here

Well Its been over a year since i have beeen here at AO. I'm glad i found this site and made all these friends. The post here have been awsome and all the new things that have been added. I like to thank DB cause he is an awsome administator and all the other people who keep this site running. Well i like to ask one thing. When you first joined AO what was it like your first year?

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: One year here

My first year here at AO was rather weird. I was just wondering around the forum posting when I could. Just as long as my threads didn't get closed in the first two days. But I've come far since then. This is the first forum I ever joined and I am glad I did. Although its changed a lot since then. It hasn't completely made me want to leave for good. There must be an illness because AO is so addictive, I can't leave this site for good.

But during my first year, It was a lot easier to make friends. As there were not so many rules back then and it was really fun, which it still is now.Woot for fun-ness :P
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, my first year here I dunno about that because this is my firs year as well since i Joined up at AO, and now since this has been the first Forum I first joined before any other places I woul say that this is my home in a way that anyone could understand it. It truly felt like you were being safe as well being protected with smart connection, along with Guidelines that are pretty well understanding. My first friends were pretty cool and also i may had mistakes in postings, which i received infractions, along with simple warnings.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't even remember the year I first joined AO. It must have been either spring of 02 or 03. Maybe 02.

Technically, it wasn't even this very AO that we're on. It was the old AO before it crashed. Boy have things changed. lol Shame most of the old vets have left, but good to see some old faces that are still here.

And yea, back then, Journals were the place to be. lol

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post
    I can't even remember the year I first joined AO. It must have been either spring of 02 or 03. Maybe 02.

Technically, it wasn't even this very AO that we're on. It was the old AO before it crashed. Boy have things changed. lol Shame most of the old vets have left, but good to see some old faces that are still here.

And yea, back then, Journals were the place to be. lol
    I miss that journal system. It was far easier to see who had written a journal last and comment on them more. It was another way to get to know other members too. Ok at one point I was journal moderator as I was one of the most active staff member there.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie alyne is off to a good start alyne's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Well Its been over a year since i have beeen here at AO. I'm glad i found this site and made all these friends. The post here have been awsome and all the new things that have been added. I like to thank DB cause he is an awsome administator and all the other people who keep this site running. Well i like to ask one thing. When you first joined AO what was it like your first year?
    don't know this is only my first few months, but i've already met cool people

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to say it was a lot more fun, but that would make it seem like it's not fun now. When I joined it seemed like there was a lot more activity going on - everyone seemed to know everyone, and it wasn't really hard to fit in. The member pictures gallery wasn't being bombarded with 20 pictures a day, and... basically the community was smaller, and more close, I feel? Now I get the feeling that a lot of younger users have "invaded", and ties aren't as tight - but that could be due to the fact that I don't spend as much time foruming as I used to, now that I'm in college.

Still, there were a lot of frauds back then. A lot of people who claimed to exist but didn't, really. A lot of stolen photos. I'd rather not mention names.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Oh boy.. I've been here.. about two years.. It's been pretty rocky but i think everything finally settling down. I've made some friends. There are some who are close and some who aren't but over all It's been pretty good. ^^ I agree with Dark1angel. It's become my home, in a way. My first year was kinda lonely but it usually starts out that way. Got warnings, infractions.. like everyone else but it has changed some since I began here.. Not alot but there are differences. ^^
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast